8. Comfort

It's Me!

 

Chapter 8: Comfort
---
 
It was past 1 AM already but the house still had all its light on. Joongki was currently at Yeongji's place, probably staying until the sun comes up seeing that they were not done talking yet.
 
Yeongji had a glum look on her face as she sat on the couch nestling a cup of warm tea in her hands. She was completely sober now and it wasn't nice. She was coming down with a headache and the events of last night wasn't helping at all.
 
Joongki sighed, concerned for his best friend though at least she had stopped crying now and totally calmed down. 
 
"So, what's your plan?" he asked looking at her and she turns her head to face him, "Nothing" she replies quietly. "I'm just going to avoid him" she added, easier said than done.
 
"You can't do that forever" he pointed out being on the more logical side, "He's endorsing your clothing line for a whole year".
 
"Don't remind me" she frowned looking down.
 
"I can't believe you still have feelings for him after all these years" he said in disbelief, a part of him was getting frustrated. He hated that guy, he doesn't deserve her.
 
"Hey, I don't like him anymore, there's no FEELINGS whatsoever" she said indignantly, getting irritated. 
 
"Then why are you acting like you're heartbroken?" Joongki asked, his tone serious, his gaze bore holes at her.
 
She choked, not really knowing how to respond back. "I don't know..." she said meekly.
 
"Maybe... maybe I'm just having mixed emotions right now" she said in thought, "And the stress over everything that's going on right now" she added after.
 
She sighs heavily once again, "Are you sure you can stay? You have a schedule tomorrow night, you have to rest" she turned towards him realizing that she might have taken his only time to rest.
 
Joongki shook his head, "I'm fine, don't worry about me" and added, "You're the one who has a meeting tomorrow morning"
 
She grinned sheepishly knowing that she got caught, "And you actually went with them to drink?" he scolded her and she pouted.
 
"Mianhae~" she cooed as she rested her head on his shoulder, "I just missed hanging out with Vin unni and Hyuna unni" she reasoned and he only exhaled an "Aigo". "I really don't know what to do with you" he exclaimed and she smiled lightly knowing that he wasn't really mad at her or anything, just concerned for her well-being.
 
"Yah, you have to say 'yes' no matter what I ask for the next time, alright?" he told her and she nodded, still resting on that same spot, "Arasseo" seeing that she owed him big time tonight for getting her out of there.
 
--
 
"So...you don't remember anything?" Ricky nudged, trying to in once again.
 
"What?" Byunghun asked, his brows knitting together in confusion over what they were talking about.
 
"What are we talking about again?" he asked the younger and Ricky exhaled, "Yeongji, you really don't know her?" he tried.
 
"She's the designer for the clothing brand we're going to endorse, what do you mean I don't know her?" he answered, not getting where this conversation was headed.
 
The four had gotten back to the dorm after a long night. The events of earlier tonight was still fresh in the two's memories and a lot of questions were bugging them, of course they didn't know that both of them were thinking the same.
 
Ricky sighed  heavily, "No, I mean, you two went to the same school before right?" he remembered hearing his conversation with Hyuna and Yeongji.
 
"So?" Byunghun raised an eyebrow at the boy, he was having a bigger headache because of him.
 
"So... you two never actually met in school?" he continued on and the older answered with a "No" then followed with a "What's the matter? Why are you asking me so many questions about her?" realizing that Ricky was getting too nosy.
 
His eyes averted, "No particular reason" he waved off and Byunghun just stared at him with a weird expression.
 
"Do you like her or something?" Byunghun asked, glaring straight towards Ricky.
 
"NO!" he denied immediately and he stared at the boy for a couple more seconds trying to read his eyes for any signs of lying but there seems to be none.
 
"Did she say anything earlier?" Byunghun asked changing the topic, he was much more concerned as to why the girl had cried all of a sudden. She just ran out of the room which surprised him, he didn't do anything wrong, right? 
 
"Don't do that again"  those words really made him so curious, frustrated as to why she would even think of saying that. Did it really affect her that much? He was just trying to be close to her, that's all.
 
"Not really, she just cried" he said honestly and then looked at his hyung with narrowing eyes, "Are you sure you don't know what's really going on?" 
 
"Do you think I would be asking you if I already knew?" he redirected the question back at the younger and Ricky grinned in embarrassment.
 
"Hey guys" Niel's voice showed evidence if tiredness as he came in, followed by Changjo who didn't say a single word and headed straight for his room that he shared with Ricky.
 
"How was your night off?" he asked the two and Ricky spoke without thinking first, "Byunghun hyung made a girl cry!" he teased.
 
"Ehh?" Niel sounded confused and the older immediately smacked Ricky in the arm, "Shut up"
 
"What? It's the truth" he retorted, moving away from him to avoid any more attacks.
 
Byunghun was suddenly pissed off, remembering that Yeongji had specifically looked for Niel earlier. He stood up from the couch and walked out of the living room without saying another word.
 
Niel looked at Ricky for explanation and the younger just shrugged.
 
---
 
TBC
 
So sorry to keep you guys waiting, I was caught up with reports and it had to be finished right away. Hihihihi, how's everyone's weekend? :D
 
Don't forget to leave your comments~ <3