Please Don't Love Me!

Don't Love Me

 


    


         


    

 


` (   DON'T LOVE ME   )

 CHAPTER FIVE : PLEASE DON'T LOVE ME!

 


 

 

            I have done my final examination, I feel very happy and now I’m in my house in Seoul back. I don’t have to go to the class everyday again and again. I can rest on my bed all the day. I clean up my room and arrange all the things back. Suddenly, my phone ringing and I pick up, “Ya, Hong Ki oppa!” “Yuri, can we meet in the garden near your father office at 5 p.m. this evening?” he asks in serious voice. “Ok! This evening,” I say happily. Three quarter before 5, I drive alone and lead to the place that Hong Ki mentions. I arrived there five minutes before 5 p.m. I have seen Hong Ki there with something in his hand and he is looking at it seriously. “Hi, Hong Ki! How are you? I really miss you,” I hug him. He is unusual today, he doesn’t respond to my hug.

 

            “Yuri, let we have the discussion now,” he says as serious as he called me up last noon. “Oh! Ok, what is it?” He doesn’t say anything to reply me now but he shows all the wedding design theme cards to me. I don’t know what I have to say now. My tears start falling down and I can’t bear it anymore. It hurts so much, I can’t even breathe for this moment. I never expect that the worker that appa asks to manage my wedding preparation is Hong Ki. I cry for non-stop and I even make a hiccup sound. He is still stay calm even he know that I’ve lie him for many years. How can he stay brave like this? “Yuri, you look very beautiful on your engagement. I’ve looked it in the magazine. Your father has given me to see it,” he says slowly. His words make me cry louder. How can appa found it? I’ve throw them up in the dustbin.

 

            “Yuri, why are you hiding all of them from me? You should tell me earlier but you not, you give all the chance for me to love you further on. You give hope for me to love you. You are cruel Yuri,” he says, sorrow. “No, Hong Ki. Yes, I’ve engaged for a long period but I never love him. I only think him as my brother not more than that. All the thing happen because of we grown-up together,” I try to explain to him. “It’s okay Yuri. I wish you will happy be his wife after this. Only he can make you happy, he has everything that you need,” he says again. “Hong Ki, you had said before that love can’t be measure by the wealth right. I don’t love him Hong Ki. I only love you,” I cry again.

 

            “Enough Yuri! Forget me. You’ll be someone wife in a few days from now.” “But Hong Ki, I only love you. No one can replace your place in my heart,” I beg to him. He holds my hand and say, “Kwon Yuri, please don’t love me. Try to learn how to love your future husband. Please let me go from your heart. Your love is not mine. We are not meant to be together. Sarangeun hajimayo, Kwon Yuri.” He lets my hand and run to his car in the sadness. I drive to home and lock myself in my room. I start crying again when see the drawing of the design that Hong Ki gave me last evening. The pictures make me sadder because the drawing was the design that Hong Ki and I have made before, the design that we longing for our wedding and now he uses it for my wedding with someone else. My heart is totally smashed and I think my life has no meaning anymore. And at this moment I think my life is useless when appa says that Hong Ki was resign from the company. He already went back for his family house in Busan. I know he is sad now, how could he hides his sad feeling and stay calm facing the biggest problem like this. If I can be like him, I can run from the wedding day but I can’t do that for now. I’m too weak to face all of this alone.

 

            No I can’t live without Hong Ki. I must meet Yong Hwa and talk to him all. I don’t want delay my wedding day but I want to cancel it up.  No more wedding day for me if I have to married to Yong Hwa. Two days before the wedding held, I venture to meet Yong Hwa face to face. I tell him the truth, “Yong Hwa, please cancel our wedding!” He agape with my words and says, “Hey, Yuri! But why?” “Actually, I don’t love you at all Yong Hwa. I only love you as my big brother not as a lover or fiancée,” I say plainly. “Yuri, why you didn’t tell me earlier? Why now not before? You already have someone else?” He asks me straight away. “Yes, Yong Hwa. I already have someone who success entered my heart.  We are in relationship since 4 years ago. Before we got engaged, I already in love with him. I don’t against the engagement before just because I still respect our parents. I can’t push it aside,” I nod and start crying.

 

            “But you are too late now Yuri. You have to care about our parents’ pride. Besides, all the preparations have done and the invitation cards were distributed to the guests. We can’t cancel it up Yuri. Never mind, we have to go ahead with our wedding and I will give you time to learn how to accept me in your life,” he tries to win my heart. “Yong Hwa, do you love me since before?” I ask while wiping up my tears. “Yes, I love you so much. Now I know Yuri, why you always avoid my call when you are still study.”

 

“Yong Hwa, please cancel our wedding. I’m begging to you. Please!” I kneel down in front of him. “Stand up! Don’t be like this. No we can’t cancel it up,” he helps me to stand up. “If you said you love me, please let me happy with him and cancel our wedding,” I sob. “No Yuri. Yuri your meant is for me not for him. You know love have to sacrifice right,” he says easily. “How you can make me like this. It is easy for you to say. You are not in the same boat as me. If you really love me, why don’t you make a sacrifice for your love by letting me go,” I say in high tone. “No, the sacrifice is not for me but you and him,” he smiles. “Okay, that mean you love to see me suffer in my life and you get the advantage from our sadness,” I push his hand that hold me before. “Not like that but…” he stutters.

 

            Today is my wedding day, it should be the happiest day for me but now it is full of sadness. The stylist starts to put make up on my face after I finished wear my white wedding gown. My tears drop one by one on my cheeks and I wipe it up with tissue. My mother comes in my room, “Done my dear?” I just simply nod. “Yuri, soon you’ll be Mrs. Jung. Be a good wife and take care your health,” she advices. “Omma…” I want to say something but she cuts, “Yuri, let’s go to the church now. Yong Hwa family is already there. They are waiting for us.” I went out my house and wear the white covered high heel that I really want to wear and I know who prepare it for me. “Hong Ki,” I mutter. “Yes my dear. Hong Ki is invited too. Maybe he already in the church now,” my mother says to me. I try to call Hong Ki for many times but he doesn’t answer even one of the calls.

 

We are on the way to the church in the town. I try to call Hong Ki again but he still doesn’t answer me. I keep hoping that Hong Ki will stop our marriage. We are in front of the church now. From far, I already see the reporters and the flashes of camera. My face is covered by the veil and I walk slowly to the altar. Yong Hwa and the priest are there. I hold a bouquet of red roses on my hand and I look around to find Hong Ki. “Hong Ki, please come for me,” I say alone. I already on the altar now and the priest starts to say, “All are here now, the bride, the groom and the family members. Can we start now?” “Yes,” Yong Hwa says rapidly. “Wait for a minute!” I say.

 

To be continued...

 


 

 


 AUTHOR'S NOTE : One more chapter to go! Hope understand. Please tell me if there are errors ASAP!



                        credits to fallen angel