Engage With Him?

Don't Love Me

    


         


    


                   


` (   DON'T LOVE ME   )

                    

 CHAPTER THREE : ENGAGE WITH HIM?


        After the incident happen, we always meet coincidentally. Our relationships get close and closer. I forgot about Yong Hwa, he is not a part of my life anymore; he is replaced by Hong Ki. I feel safer when Hong Ki is with me. Without I realise, I’m in love with him. We are in love. Sometime I don’t believe it. A year in the maddest love, always together, lunch together, ever gone with him to his family house and we are a happy lover couple in the university, all students there know about it. Yong Hwa always keeps calling on me but I avoid answering him and sometime I ask Seo Hyun to answer the call. Yong Hwa is over protective, he is not my big brother or what. He doesn’t have any reason to take care about me a lot. I love Hong Ki very much and he loves me that much too. We have made a promise that we will marry and live together forever. We also have a plan what will we wear on our wedding day, what the theme even where it will held.

          In the happy morning mood, I walk alone heading to the special place for our date as usually, in front of the library. In front of the library is our memorial place, which we meet for the first time. That’s why we choose the simple place for our date. Today, the last day before we have our semester breaks for a month. I meet my dear boyfriend, Lee Hong Ki. Out of blue, he gives me a small box, a present actually and wishes at me, “Happy 20th birthday!” “Ha?” I get a small shock while cover my open mouth. “Yes, happy birthday to you!” he repeats again. “I know but it will be tomorrow right,” I smile. “Yes, it will be tomorrow but I want be the first person who wish it to you and besides, we will not meet for a month. So, I give this present to you earlier,” he takes my hand and put the mini box in my palm. I feel very grateful for having a caring boyfriend like him.  “Thank you!” I bow. “Meet again after the holiday! I’ll miss you,” he shows me a flying kiss. I reply it and we go separately to our own path and I decide to open the present after my birthday.

          I sit alone in the room to take all my bags to go back home. I just remember that my parents will engage me to Yong Hwa tomorrow. It is unfair, how can I agree with the plan before. They like trapping me; I was too young to think about marriage when they asked me before. “No, I’m an idiot!” I sigh. I take along my bags and take a cab to train station there and when arrive there; I take the last train to Seoul. I arrive by afternoon. It was a long journey from Busan to Seoul. After a while reach home, when I’m taking leisure on my bed in my room, my mother come in and ask me to go to the boutique for fitting.

          “Omma, I’m still tired with the long journey. Can we go tomorrow?” “Yuri my sweetheart, tomorrow will be the event day, your engagement day. Have you forgotten about it?” she caresses my hair. “Ok!” I follow her to the boutique. As well as we reach the boutique, the fashion designer bring out a rosy-pink dress with full of sequin on it. The dress is glimmering like a Christmas tree. It is not my taste, too crowded and not matching with my age. “Omma! Do I have to wear this tomorrow?” I ask her. “Yes, dear for sure!” she nods. “Omma! I just engage not married and the event will be in our own house. The dress is too glamorous.” “You really need this because tomorrow will be some reporters there and the cameraman will shot your pictures to put it in business world magazine,” she takes the dress and gives it to me.

          I walk to the fitting room to wear it but I’m not thinking about this Christmas tree-liked dress anymore. The most important now is what if Hong Ki read the magazine. I’ll be dead and he will say I’m betraying him and simply leave me. No, I’m not betraying him. This is because our family promise and company matter; I’m not love Yong Hwa for sure. I’ve been force. There is no space in my heart for his love. I really really hope Hong Ki will not read the magazine. “Yuri, what are you doing in that room? Get out from there now, I want to take a look on you,” my mother calls for me. “Yes omma. Wait for a minute.” I walk out and standing in front of the gigantic mirror. “You look very beautiful in it Miss Yuri,” the designer says. “Thank you,” I bow but I don’t think I’m okay right now. After fitting the dress, we both goes back home and I continue for rest.

            The time that I never wait and hope is arrive in front of me now. Today is my engage day with Yong Hwa. It is in my house and we just invite near family members. The peak of the event is when Yong Hwa and I wear the ring. The flash of camera makes me see the stars. I regret it, I regret I’m Yong Hwa’s fiancée now. In a week time, Yong Hwa and his family stay at my house. As I heard, Yong Hwa wants finished his holiday with me since that was a long time we not meet each other.  I try to be as normal as usually even I never like it. Yong Hwa’s omma starts asks me to call he ‘Mama’. I feel disgusting when call a person that I always call aunt but now have to call her mama. Now I just know Yong Hwa has kept the love feeling towards me since before. Why I can’t know it earlier? Why?

Okay, about this engagement, I still can hide it from Hong Ki but for how long? I don’t want lie to him forever but better I keep it myself first. Better he doesn’t know than he knows. Let me break up this relationship first. Today Yong Hwa family will go back to their home. I feel very happy, like the first freedom for me. I’m ready to bid a goodbye for my ‘fake family’ and also ‘fake future husband’. “Bye Mama! Bye Papa! See you again next time,” I wave both my hand to them. “Bye and you, Yong Hwa, take care of her and don’t do anything bad towards her,” Yong Hwa’s mother advices. What? So Yong Hwa is not leaving yet. How can this happen?

            “Sorry, I’ve to go to toilet now. Pardon me and goodbye,” I run to the kitchen. I feel very worst today. “Ahh…” I sigh alone. “Wait! Wait! Do you know why Yong Hwa is not go back with his family today?” I ask the maid who is going to do all the chores. “Oh! As I’ve heard, Yong Hwa wants spend his holiday one more week with you. He said he really miss you.” “Oh, like that. Will he stay here?” “Yes.” My holiday is too bad this time. “Huh…” I give out a long sigh.

To be continued...


 



  AUTHOR'S NOTE : SORRY FOR BEING LATE TO UPDATE... SO I UPDATE THIS CHAPTER NOW BUT IT IS TOO SHORT.. I'LL UPDATE MORE AFTER THIS THURSDAY! THANK YOU FOR READING!
CONTINUE TO READ THIS AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT IT!
I HOPE YOU ALL WILL LIKE THIS STORY..
ONE QUESTION : DOES THE POSTER BEAUTIFUL?
ButterflyShida ^^ Love you



                        credits to fallen angel