He Works With Appa?

Don't Love Me

 


    


         


    

 

 

` (   DON'T LOVE ME   )

                    

CHAPTER FOUR : HE WORKS WITH APPA?


 

I lock myself in my bedroom as I don’t want to look at Yong Hwa face for all the time. I am willing to sit alone and get out just when I feel hungry. I don’t know since I be his fiancée, I feel like I hate him but I still love him as my big brother. I only hate him as my fiancée. Why he appears in my life before and now? Why? My belly starts singing since now is lunch time, omma and appa are working in the office, so I don’t have to pretend be a good fiancée to Yong Hwa. I walk slowly to the kitchen and seek for the food. I eat alone in the kitchen and after full, I decide to get into my room back but while I want get upstairs, I accidentally bump with Yong Hwa, “Ouch! Are you blind?” I scold him. “Honey, pardon me please,” he asks.

“Hey! Stop calling me honey. I don’t like it so much. Just call me Yuri,” I wide up my eyes. “Ok. Yuri~ah, can I ask you something?” he says. “Ok. Ask me now,” I say clearly. “Can we seat there for it?” “Yes, let’s go.” We seat together at the little table at the garden behind my house lawn where we always seat together before to do our homework.  “Yuri, why are you cold with me now? Are you not happy engage with me?” he asks me and make me in guilty now. I don’t know what I’ve to answer him. I hope I’ll answer him with the best answer. Before and now is really different, we are too young before but now we are full-grown to think what the best for our life. I nod at last. He continues, “Never mind, we’ve a plenty of time to suit ourselves together.” Oh no! He looks so confident that I love him too. I leave him alone there and go to my room to get my peacefulness.

After a week, he backs to his parents’ house. How wonderful my life now? I can do everything what I want now and I don’t have to pretend against the time anymore starting from today. I rest my body and while I’m curling on my bed, I remember to the present that Hong Ki gave to me earlier. I dig my bag to hunt for it and success to find it. I open the miniature box and what I found is a ring. At this moment I feel really really miss him. The ring is so beautiful even though I know the price is not expensive as the ring that Yong Hwa gave me as a sign of our engagement. I make a call to Hong Ki outside the house, “Yobosaeyo! Hong Ki oppa, I miss you so much. Do you miss me that much too? Thank you for the ring. I love it so much.” “You’re welcome and glad you like it. Hey, of course I miss you same as you miss me or more than you miss me. How your day? Is it okay?” he asks. “Just ok. How about you? What are you doing there?” I ask him.

“I help my parents in restaurant,” he says, calm. “Restaurant?” I shock. He never says that his family own a restaurant. “Oh, I never say to you before right. Sorry. Actually we have some branches for our restaurant here,” he explains. “Oh, okay. Take care. Meet you soon.” “Ok… We meet again after this. Love you.” “Love you too. Meet you at our place on that day.” We end up our conversation. I turn back and surprise when omma is behind me. Is she heard my conversation with Hong Ki before? Omma makes me nervous a lot now. I hope she didn’t hear my conversation clearly just now.

“Omma! How long you’ve been here?” I ask her. “Just a couple of minute,” she smiles. “Where are you before?” I continue to ask. “I watch you with your phone from the balcony at my room,” she chuckles. “Yuri, he just return to his house and you’ve call him now. You miss your fiancée?” she pats my shoulder. I just smile. I’m glad that omma is not heard my conversation fully but I feel worst when she says I miss Yong Hwa. Like want to vomit when hear someone says I miss Yong Hwa. Absolutely not.

I start to pack all my things to get back to university tomorrow. I lie on my bed, thinking about my future life with Hong Ki and what will happen after I graduate my study. I feel very happy thinking about it and if I can faster the time. I would to faster it. I’m thinking alone until I feel asleep. I set off from my house early in the morning and I arrive at Busan back before afternoon.

This means my holiday is ended and my regular schedule here will work back. I walk alone in the pathway with my bags and reach in front of my room. I take my room key and enter it in the key hole before turn it to the right side and the door is opened successfully. I wipe the dust on my study table with wet cloth and after the table dry back, I place all my books there. I put the mattress and pillow in the coverlet and pillowcase. Seo Hyun is not here yet. I don’t know where is she now, maybe on the way here or maybe still in his room in her house. I lie on my bed and play with my fingers and unintentionally, I see the ring that Yong Hwa gave me. I put off the ring hurriedly and put in the ring that Hong Ki gave me as a birthday present. I don’t want Hong Ki see the engagement ring on my finger. I get out from the dormitory area to look at for my other friends reaction either they know about my engagement even or they don’t know.

All look like usually and no one asks me about it so ‘line clear’. As we’ve promised, we make a date in front of the library. I’ll make Hong Ki wait for me today since I get too nervous. If he smiles at me, that means he doesn’t know about it but if he looks very serious, that will be he has read the magazine and for now I still hope he does not read it yet or never read it forever. I walk towards the library in hesitate but I have seen him waving his hand to me. Good! He doesn’t know it. Sometime I feel I’m a bad woman, cruel woman and everything is bad but this is for our love relationship. I don’t want make he leave me even just for a while. I’m not willing to accept all of that. Why? Why? We meet and chat as usually, release the miss feel towards each other. Date with him is different, he is romantic but he never shows it.

It is about two years I hide my engagement from Hong Ki and Hong Ki is already graduates now. He is not in the university anymore and I have to find the perfect time to meet him outside the campus. “Yuri, I think I want to find a job. I don’t like stay in house, jobless,” Hong Ki says to me. “But, I don’t want far away from you,” I pout. “Don’t worry baby. I still love you, we can keep calling always right,” he holds both my hand. “Oppa, why don’t you work at my appa company? Hong Ki, please…” I try to convince him.  “But I shy.” “Never mind, I’ll talk to appa first okay,” I say cheerful.

I go back to my house in Seoul and have a discussion with my appa. “Appa, can I ask something from you?” I venture to ask. “What is it?” he asks me back. “Can you take my friend works with you?” I wait for his answer. “Boy or girl?” “Boy, appa!” I say in aliveness. “If boy there is a place for him, I really need the worker now,” he explains. “Thank you! Love you,” I leave appa alone in the lounge. I run upstairs and send a text message to him, the address of the office and ask him to come here on this weekend. He replies me with ‘OK’. I help to find a rent house here for him and I get it.

Two days before Hong Ki comes to the office, I go to the office first to collect all the magazines that contain my picture with Yong Hwa there and I want to throw them away. Relieve my nervousness, he will never know that I had be someone fiancée. Today, Hong Ki will come to the office and I wait him at the lobby, from far I have seen him very well-dressed in his black outfit. I take him to my father office and introduce him to my appa. Without an interview, Hong Ki was accepted to work in the company. Appa says to me, “Yuri, I saw your friend is very intelligent and very punctual. He respects to others too. I sure he can do the best on his works.” “Yes, he is appa!” I say. I bring Hong Ki to his rent house and he like the house. I always come back to my parents’ house to visit Hong Ki there.

It is already a year Hong Ki works with appa. We success hide our love story from my parents knowledge and also Yong Hwa. It is a very long time I not meet Yong Hwa, he is busy working with his daddy but it is good for me too actually, I don’t have to meet him frequently. I rest in the lounge, lain on the sofa while my mother is watching to her favourite melodrama. It is a hard-core sad drama. My father walks here and there in front of me and at last he sits next to omma. “Yuri, Hong is a very good worker, dedicated and his works always perfect and same with what I want,” app praises. “Appa, Hong Ki is the one who should be your son-in-law not Yong Hwa,” I make an internal monologue.

Now is the last semester for me and I have to focus on my study, this exam will be the most important examination in my life. I am in the library with Seo Hyun, do revision together since we’ll seat the exam on the next month. While I’m reading the facts in the thick book, I receive a call. It is omma. I walk out from the library, “Yeah omma, why you suddenly call me? Is there any important thing to say to me? I’m busy right now.” “Yuri, can you come back to Seoul this weekend? You’ve to choose your wedding gown on your own and there will be a photo shoot for you too,” Mrs. Kwon says to me. “Alright omma!”

Huh! Why my life can be like this? I’m tired of it now. I just follow what omma want from me. I go back to Seoul and say to appa, “Appa, can’t we delay the photo shoot day until I finish my exam?” “Never mind. After you finish your wedding photo shoot with Yong Hwa, you don’t have to think anything else. I’ll ask my worker to manage it,” appa says to me. “Ok!” I just nod with unhappy face. “One more thing my dear, I’ll ask him to meet you to ask you about the theme that you want for your wedding day,” My father continues to say. “Aha!”

To be continued...


 


AUTHOR'S NOTE : Continue to read. More unexpeted thing will happen!



                        credits to fallen angel