o3|| Dance . . . Couple . . . HUH?

Too Scared To Love 난 두려워

 

YOONA POV:

- “Oppa? I…. I really like you!”

- “Bwoh?”

- “Please, don’t move back to Daegu!”

- “You think I can honestly just
drop my things and stay?!”

- “… Oppa?”

I had never seen that side of him before He instantly changed in a second, as if a new soul took over and controlled his body.

- “Yah! You seriously think I would stay… FOR YOU? Yah, my dad was having problems with our company. Your father helped us out and get us back on track. I was just being a dutiful son. Now I’m going back, so please erase your feelings, it’s so burdensome. All of those times where you complained and I helped you, I did it with gritted teeth. You’re useless, there’s no way I’d fall for someone like you.”

Suddenly, it was as if the stranger left his body and he turned back and smiled at me as if the past few moments never happened.

- “Bye Yoona~”

Dumbfounded. Shocked. Hurt. Devastated. Cruel. Sad. Pain. Lonliness… I finally knew what those words meant. Never again, never again would I have the courage to confess to another ever again. Feelings or not, I could never do it. Not after him, not after that. I want to enjoy my feelings in my cocoon; have them only hover around me.


DONGHAE POV:

- In the SM building –


- “Yah, we’re going to be late!”

Hyukjae and I sped towards the practice room. Crap! We’re going to be late!

- “SAFE! AISH!”

- “YES!”

We both bursted into the room and Hyukjae jumped with a victory pose. I turned around to find a group of groggy and lifeless people.

- “Yah! Do you realize it’s not even 6 yet?”

- “Hyung, it’s too loud…”

- “Oppa, can you hush a little?”

- “Oppa…. SHUT UP!”

- “YOU IDIOTS! TRY TO BE QUIETER!”

Yunho was lying on the floor with his eyes shut. Yuri, Luna, and Hyoyeon were sitting on the couch in the far corner, lazing. Taemin and Hangeng were lying forward on the table, covering their ears. Victoria was stretching. At least she wasn’t a grump in the morning.

- “Ah, oh, miahnae…”

- “Yah, it’s the early sunshine! Smile, it’s a brand new day!”

All of us turned to Hyukjae with death glares on our faces and he cringed back.

- “Yah… Yah… just kidding, hehe!”

- “Morning! Everyone, up!”

We all turned our heads towards the door and were about to curse that person off, but we found ourselves facing one of our managers. Crap…

- “DEH!”

- “If you guys act like that again, you’re all dead.”

- “Deh~”

- “Okay, so you’re all gathered here early because your guys are the dance team for the SMTOWN concert.”

I couldn’t help but yawn, I’ve already been a part of the dancing ever since we debuted, same with most of the members here, too. Hyung-nim shot me a death look. I decided it would be better for me to listen than choose to die.

- “… Anyways. This year is going to be different. Instead of solos, it’s going to be a couple dance and then you guys will come together and dance as a group.”

- “Eh? Really Oppa?”

- “Mhmm, not only that. You each will have a different image to display.”

Damn, why couple dancing? I had so many great ideas for my solo AND the perfect song… I hate this, I hate this, I hate this, I hate this, I hate this, I hate this, I hate this.

- “So the groups are Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon; Hangeng and Victoria; Yunho and Yuri; Taemin and Luna; Donghae and Yoona.”

I love this, I love this, I love this, I love this, I love this, I love this, I love this, I love this... Wait? But I didn’t see Yoona here?

- “Speaking of Yoona, where is she? Hyoyeon, Yuri; she is supposed to be here!”

We all scanned the room. Ah! There she was, by the windowsill. She looks tired. She looks so peaceful. The strands of her hair fell to the side of her face. Her hair was swept to one side and revealed her collarbone. It shined in the light and I could see her chest rise and fall as she breathed. She was curled up in a little ball. Her lips were slightly parted, but they made no noise as she slumbered. It was a sight I wanted to behold in my memory forever, something as simple as that.

- “Yah! Someone wake her up!”

- “I’ll do it.”

My mouth spoke for me, unintentionally. My feet moved me forward and the next thing I knew, I was standing besides this innocent being that was still in Dreamland.

- “Yoona? Yoona? Wake up, rise and shine.”

I whispered closely by her ear. I smelled her scent of cotton and cucumber; it was on her so early in the day. I didn’t want to wake her, she seemed so content in her own world. I want to throw my hoodie around her.

- “Oppa?”

I regained my focus to find I was inches away from her eyes and my hand was on her shoulder.


YOONA POV:

- “Yoona? Yoona? Wake up, rise and shine.”

Ahh… I hear something. As if it was calling to me from a long tunnel. I felt the wind shaking me, too. Slowly, the voice is getting greater and the wind is blowing me harder… I feel my eyes open and become adjusted. Ah! A pair of eyes looking back at me… Donghae Oppa?

- “Oppa?”

It’s him, any day, anywhere; I know it’s him. Then I realized where I was, crap! But that thought only occupied my mind for a second; he was so close to me, I could feel his warm breath. It was minty and sweet. His hands were on my shoulder and I could feel the heat radiating from them, from him. And all too soon, he backed away and I felt the cold in the room surge towards me once again.

- “Yoona? Hyung-nim is here, you should have been awake.”

He softly said while another voice boomed.

- “IM YOONA! IT IS RUDE TO JUST SLEEP THERE WHEN SOMEONE IS TRYING TO GIVE OUT INFORMATION. PAY ATTENTION!”

I jumped up immediately as if the energy all of a sudden flowed through my veins.

- “Deh! Joesonghamnida!”

We both walked back over. The manager continued to give directions.

- “Oppa? What did I miss?”

I asked softly. But I barely could pay attention to the reply. I was paying attention to how alarmingly close the voice’s owner was leaning toward me again. His mouth was almost tickling my ear. I almost giggled out loud. No! Cannot do it! He’s just explaining something to you Im Yoona!

- “Umm… oh…Can you repeat that, it was too quiet?”

- “You and I are paired up for a couple dance and then everyone is joining for a group dance.”

Couple dance? I gulped a little, too loudly and Donghae looked at me. I think I saw a hint of worry in his eyes, but it was too fast for me to comprehend as they disappeared as soon as I noticed.

- “… okay, so get to it! You all work in pairs to choreograph your couple dances, then we’ll worry about the group dance. You have all day today, then you’ll have to find practice on your own time. Don’t forget to stop by the office to pick up the rest of the schedule for the list of performances!”

- “Deh! Kamsamnida!”

Couple dance? Couple dance?

- “Yah, why don’t we split up into different rooms. They relocated the trainees to a different room. We have five rooms, now.”

- “Aish, I’m hungry! Can we eat something first Oppa?”

- “Hyung? What room are we going in?”

- “Let me sleep a little longer, Luna!”

- “How long do we have? Oppa, we need to plan around this!”

- “Yah, what about the group dance?”

- "I want to sleep and eat!"

Besides my partner and I, everyone else broke into a fury of complaints, nervousness, and whatever it caused them to turn into a noisy classroom as opposed to the silent graveyard earlier.

- “Okay! Okay! We’ll just get something fromdownstairs (because it’s free). Let’s split!”

Hangeng ordered us. Although I always knew him to be softhearted, he’s a natural born leader. I always liked Hangeng Oppa. But we knew when to and when to shut our mouths and listen.

- “Yah, come on. Let’s go get something to eat. Yah! I call this room!”

- “Why? This has the air conditioner!”

- “Exactly!”

Donghae stuck his tongue out to the others as he claimed the current room we were in. It was funny to see him that way a lot. He does the cutest things without… NO YOONA! No thinking like that, he is your sunbae!

- "Yoona?"

- "Oh, sorry I didn't hear you! I think I'll just make a fruit shake."

- "Good idea, I will too."

We headed downstairs and although I didn't want to feel it. I knew I would be able to spend the say with Donghae, just us...
oh.. dancing... couple... oh... man... crap!