The "Game" He Plays

An October Meeting

"Akashiiii~" He sang, in a calm, low, evil sing-song voice.

A hooded figure came into the room with us and the air seemed to freeze as he got closer and closer. He eventually stopped a few feet away and smiled. His smile was bloody, and sharp-toothed. It stretched all the way across his face, which was mostly a shadow beneath his hood.

"So, L, L Lawliet, my best childhood friend, the only one I ever really had. I thought we could play a couple of games from our childhood... All the while recapping the last day we had with each other..." He grinned and his eyes began to glow, his pupils were the same color as the blood of the corpses on the floor.

"Akashi, unlock the door." The monster turned and pulled a key from a sleeve. It was exceptionally fancy, with many different designs engraved into it. 

As he slowly unlocked the door, and the click sounded through the room, every once of light and warmth, and all that was good and made me feel safe was from the room. I felt dizzy and everything was spinning in the darkness only I came to know.

"So, remember when we would always play hide and seek?" Beyond pointed out. I nodded quickly and he nodded back in content, smiling. "Well, I thought we would play again. Except there's a twist. At all times,  you really WILL NOT want to get found. I won't ruin the surprise for you, that wouldn't be fair. No, not at all. I want to see your surprised face." He pinched my cheek in my hand and shook it, smiling in amusement. I slapped his hand away and he frowned. He took the ends of my short hair and pulled it. I screamed loudly in pain and he laughed. A laugh that could only be brought from the depths of hell. And in all this darkness, what scared me the most? Even through the dizziness and dark. And the cold that glossed my eyes over, I could still see Beyonds glowing, blood red.

His eyes always scared me.

Beyond snapped his fingers and Akashi flipped a switch. We appeared to be in a room with many different doors leading to many different pathways. Hanging at the top of the ceiling was a gold chandelier casting an eerie glow. Fog rolled on the ground and in the farthest corners it still remained dark. My breath could be seen in this crazy coldness and I wanted it all to end. Even if it meant dying. I don't care. I really just don't mind the recurring darkness over this maddening torture.

"So, I'll count and let's hope nothing happens to interfere, then?" He asked, more rhetorical than anything. I couldn't decide who was gonna count or not, it was solely his choice and his alone.

"Ok then, go hide!" He waved his hands at me and turned to face a corner. "I'm only counting to 30." I turned to go and stared at the doors. His counting was loud and clear. 

I chose a door and stepped through. It was what practically defined creepy. It was a little child's room. The carpet was a tan color and fuzzy. A small bed stood in one corner and multiple toys were scattered on the ground. A toy chest was next to the closet which was opposite to the bed. And the bed had THE MOST comfortable, warm looking blanket on it. I honestly don't care if he catches me. What's the worst he can do?

i curled under the lumpy blanket and tried laying flat so you couldn't find me. I thought for a while, and it had to have been 5 minutes of me laying here before I figured this out. I remember how Beyond and I would think about the ultimate games of hide and seek. He would say that he wished the rooms and places to hide were endless so that we could have the best games of hide and seek. Because at the orphanage, there weren't many places to hide, it was an exceptionally big building, but we knew the ins and outs of that place like the back of our hand. 

So if he actually did make the ultimate game if hide and seek, anything could be anywhere which means he could do anything to me. I really don't care anymore, though. I just want to be warm, and to sleep. Getting away from this nightmare.

10 minutes later-

I was on the edge of sleep when I felt a shifting of the covers at the end of the bed. I had a feeling I just moved suddenly but it still seemed odd. I sat up slowly and looked at the end of the bed and saw a horrific sight. It looked like a human, or a furrless dog that resembled a human. He bended his body in a crazy way and at the ends of its finger tips were long claws that were lalmost longer than the length of this bed. 

I poked it, and his head quickly turned to me. I flinched back and saw his eyes were hollow. Where eyes were supposed to be, was emptiness. I knew who this was. As a child, I had many fears, and one of them was the Rake. I would always stay up on sleepless late nights because I felt that if I closed my eyes, then he would appear. And this room reminded me of the one I the story, where he killed the little girl... The one that I imagined when I first read the story.

The Rake quickly jumped up and came to the side of my bed, looking me straight in the eyes. He brought his hand up and I sprang out of the bed, his claws scraped my back.I began dashing halfway across the room and taking only half a second to look around. I opened the toy box and saw a ladder. I hopped into the box, hanging onto the top bar and I closed the lid, holding it down so that he couldn't get inside.

After the clawing and scraping at the top was gone, I felt relieved but still held the top down. The. I heard a low, unnervingly human voice come from the other side. It was a soft, quiet whisper. But nonetheless demonic.

"I will get you. I am The Rake."

Afted hearing that, I practically fell down the ladder and down to the bottom. I hit my head against the wall and screamed out, still hoping that no one could hear me.

When my feet hit the bottom, I looked up to see the hole where I came from, and there wasn't one there. So then I looked side to side and took in my surroundings. It appeared to be a grandiose living room. Stuffed animal heads hung on the walls and violins, violas, cellos, and basses were in their cases, leaned against the wall. A gentle, brilliant glow eminated from the fire in the fire place and just in front if it was an overstuffed couch. There was a door in the corner and I opened it, only to see that it was locked. I traced my finger against the key hole and looked around. Only to see that the key was hung from the top of the ceiling by a thin, red string.  And then, from trough the walls, almost. I could hear Beyonds voice call;

"oh where oh where could my little sheep have gone?" In a singing voice that mocked my fear by sounding so gentle yet so evil at the

Very.

Same.

Time.

Thats something only Beyond can do.