Chapter 4: The Knowledge

An October Meeting

I felt the hand upon my face once more and I felt a light source shining down. I knew that if I looked up, I would see the one thing I knew it would be. The on person that scared me the most. I knew I had to make sure, though. So I lifted my head, following the sight of his hand, up his arm, past his shoulders, and my eyes finally landing on his face.

The only person who could make me this scared. 

Beyond Birthday.

"Nice to see you, again, L." He moved his hand away and in the light that showered this room from the lamp, I could finally see my surroundings. My eyes widened by what I saw and the light stung them, but I didn't care. There were rotting bodies scatters around the room. I wonder how I didn't smell that! And what disgusted me the most was that in these dead corpses I could see bite marks. The flesh seemed to have been nibbled at and all the corpses were completely and unnervingly bitten.

"What do you want from me?!" I said through gritted teeth. I wanted to yell and scream, but that would make him extremely and unsympathetically angry.

"You're the one who came here to me. I didn't make you, nor did I invite you" he smirked. The sharpness of his voice cut at my sanity.

"You lured me," I said, distress in my voice. "You know exactly how to, and you did!" He smirked once more. Only this time, his sly grin seemed to stretch almost from ear to ear and I realized how unnerving it was. His red eyes were glowing, they reminded me of the fire in the fire place.

"Ok, so I did." Then he leaned in close to my face, WAY too close and whispered, "I thought we could have some fun!" 

The rotting flesh was on his breath and he repulsed me, I slid down low into the chair and feared what was next...