Chapter 2: The House

An October Meeting

I walked up the steps and I removed my (extremely lame) costume. I wanted to ring the bell, but there wasn't one. I held my hand up to knock, and I was about to until suddenly, my hand stopped right there, ice cold air emanated from the door. 

CRRREEEEAAAAAKKKKKKKK...... BAM!

I jumped backwards from my daze and saw that the door opened. I stepped inside and felt the cold ground against my feet. And, no, I wasn't wearing shoes, OR socks (because that's not how I roll. Duh.) 

SLAM!

Now, the door was shut closed. I turned and tried to turn the handle. I place my hand of the Victorian style handle, and I couldn't even turn it. It was locked, somehow, from the outside. Either that, or it was stuck and it's just a faulty door. But in my head something told me that someone set it up as to not let me get out.

I walked forward and as I got further and further into the dark room, in which I could only see a bit past my outstretched hand. As I got closer and closer, I found myself getting colder, and colder. And a faint one tone song began to play. A collaboration of single tone notes put together with different pitches to create, a very. Eerie. Song.

The song played and played and played, barely audible to my ears as I kept walking. I wanted to stop, but I was already so intrigued. Whatever was in this house couldn't harm me or anything. It WAS although harming me on the inside. I was beginning to feel my heart beat in my chest and an alarm rang in my head to keep watch at all sides...

The darkness was terrible. It was almost even a little foggy. And the chilling air was cold. So cold. I kept walking for what seemed like forever and I took a quick look behind me. The only light was a small speck that shone through a small crack under the door. And soon as I walked, my body hit a hard surface. The wall. I pushed my hands against it and followed to my left. There was a stairwell. I stepped up it, and I felt a light ghostly touch on my arm.