Chapter 1: The Meeting

An October Meeting

"Trick or Treat!" I said, holding out my basket of treats to the neighbors. They eyed me suspiciously.

"You know, you're kinda old... To be trick or treating, you know that, right?" 

"Are you kidding?" I replied back. "Look at my costume, isn't it amazing?" I was sporting the awesome at ghost costume ever. It was a white sheet with holes cut into it for eyes, but, uh, now that I'm thinking about it... That's really lame. I guess L stands for Lame now...

"Yeah, no. The

Candy is for the children, now shoo." She slammed the door in my face and I could hear here whisper some rude things behind the door. I stepped down the stairs and followed the road to the next house.

The children from the neighborhood were going around and getting their candy and I found myself not knowing where I was going. I lived in a big city apartment where no one is willing to give ANYTHING. So, here I am. I might call a taxi to pick me up soon. If I even know the address of this place...

And that's when I suddenly froze. I-I couldn't move and that was because of a sound. A particular sound. I knew it... At least I felt that. Like it was a revival from my past. Suddenly, the soft ringing of tin bells rang. Their sound rang through my ears and chilled me to my core. I all of a sudden felt like ice cubes were slowly rolling off my skin and someone whispered:

"Come..." 

Suddenly I snapped out of my frozen stature and realized that I felt the urge to walk forward. And I kept going. And going. Until I arrived to a small house in the middle of a turn-around in a NEW neighborhood. The house in the middle of the ring of homes was two stories and it was a dingy white. The porch was a dark brown and the door was shut tight. Dust covered the house like icing on a cake. And just from the top window to the left, I saw something. I knew I saw something. What it was, Im not sure. But I think, and about this I'm not so sure, there was a man standing there, white skin, black hair, he looked normal, of course. But there was one thing.

He had red eyes.