Brief Summary

Above The Skies

Hello! So yeap, I've completed this story quite a while back but I see that  some of you are a bit confused about the ending. Alright, so I shall give a summarized plot of what fully happened.

 

Backstory

Jiyeon is Myungsoo's girlfriend and her pasttime was cosplaying. She entered many cosplaying competitions and won several times because she could portray her character very well. So, once, she dressed up as an angel for Myungsoo's birthday party. Myungsoo was born with schizophrenia, so he hallucinates things often. When he saw Jiyeon in her angel outfit, he thought, "If  she can look so beautiful as an angel in human form, wouldn't she look perfect as a real angel?" Additionally, she did tell him on his birthday that she'll be his angel, standing by him and guiding him. Thus, he starts hallucinating that she wants to be a real angel and that she wants to 'fly'. Ultimately, he killed her by trying to make her 'fly' and he was first arrested, but later on finding out that he is mentally unsound, the police place him in a mental hospital and he was later released when deemed as 'cured'. 

You must be wondering how Jieun was brought in, right?

Jieun is Jiyeon's bestfriend since childhood. They did many things together, such as going to the same school, having the same hairstyle. Basically, they regard each other as sisters from another mother. Hence, they are often seen hanging out alot. Jieun, however, takes no interest in cosplaying, but rather, focuses her dreams on becoming a writer. As Jieun is in the writers' club in their school, she often writes about events or sometimes fiction. Hence, in memory of Jiyeon, she writes a story on Jiyeon and Myungsoo, from there, assumes that Jieun has the same dream as Jiyeon and that is to 'fly'.

Pause! If Jieun and Jiyeon were so close, wouldn't Jieun be nasty to Myungsoo?

Although Myungsoo did cause the death of Jiyeon, he wasn't fully to blame. He is, after all, a mentally unstable person. Jieun, on the other hand, also believes that there is good in every person, thus she sort of forgives Myungsoo and tries to understand him better as well. 

Wait a minute, why did Myungsoo see Jieun as his girlfriend, then?

Jieun and Jiyeon are alike in many ways. For example, they do things best friends do. Such as, they wear similar clothing, they carry the same bag, they both have long hair and basically are as good as twins. They're also seen together often so when Myungsoo sees Jieun, he is reminded of Jiyeon.

Arrachi, first part: cleared!

You guys know the second part, it is mentioned in the story after all. So, I've received questions such as: did Myungsoo or Suzy die in the end? Who was the one who fell to the ground? Alright, I shall continue from here.

 

Continuation

A thud was heard. Myungsoo was seen lying on the concrete flooring of the hospital grounds. Blood started to seep out from his head and he gave his final smile, happy that he could finally join Jieun and Jiyeon in the afterlife. 

'Flying is great, isn't it, Myungsoo?' 

He could hear Suzy's voice whisper in his head.

As he drew his final breath, he shut his eyes and nodded, before drifting off into the skies.

 

DUN DUN DUN DUN

A very short final scene yehey. Ok, let's get down to explanations.

 

Suzy does not exist. Yea, you read that right. Suzy does not exist. Myungsoo is schzophrenic, so he hears and sees things that aren't real. Suzy is actually part of his mind, and she's calling him to 'fly' together with Jieun and Jiyeon. The part where they supposedly jumped down, only Myungsoo jumped because he did promise to jump with Suzy, but since she doesn't even exist, he jumped alone.

 

I hope this clarifies your questions and yay o levels is ending I'm so happy I shall get back to writing soon!

See you :3