1.

Above The Skies

Where exactly is Heaven?

Is it on Earth? Is it above the skies?

It can't possibly be above the skies, right?

Man have proven it. They haven't found Heaven, they only found the Milky Way.

But that's not what Lee Jieun thinks.

She thinks that Heaven IS above the skies.

And she can't wait to get there any moment.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I first noticed the cuts on her wrist. Correction, I meant slashes. Deep slashes every time I see her.

When I asked her what happened to her, she would only reply

''I want to die.''

Die? I don't understand. The people I've come across in my entire life, they all begged to live.

Why does she want to die?

I don't understand.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

''Myungsoo!!!'' A chirpy voice called out.

Myungsoo looked up from the book he was reading and saw Jieun skipping towards him happily and he smiled and hid the book behind him when she neared him.

''Hey.'' He grinned.

''Myungsoo, can I ask you a question?'' Jieun asked as she took a bite from her cookie.

''Sure, go ahead.''

''Do you know what is it like to die?'' She looked at him innocently.

''...Why would you ask that?'' He furrowed his eyebrows.

''Well, I want to know how dying feels like. Does it bring pain? Does it bring happiness? I want to know all that. I want to die.'' She smiled.

Since that moment, he knew something was wrong. Very wrong.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Myungsoo's eyes widened when he spotted a familiar figure standing at the edge of a cliff.

''Yah! Lee Jieun! What do you think you're doing?''

''I'm trying to die, Myungsoo. Go away and don't disturb me!'' She smiled at him.

''What? Are you ing crazy? Get away from there, it's dangerous!'' He shouted.

''Dangerous? Well, at least this is an advantage to my plan.'' She breathed in the cold air and lunged forward.

''Aniyo!''

He ran towards her and grabbed her wrists just in time.

''Myungsoo! Let go of me!'' Jieun screamed.

He kept silent and focused on pulling the girl back up onto the rough land, finally succeeding after using up half of his energy. With his remaining strength, he wrapped his arms around her and embraced her, with the girl constantly hitting him while crying.

''Why did you save me? Why? Why?!'' She screamed, tears staining her face.

Myungsoo closed his eyes and her hair, as she grew tired and finally drooped her head on his shoulder.

''Why did I save you? Then tell me, why did you want to die?'' He whispered.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Man! Heck the oneshot tag. I'm gonna make this into a twoshot or threeshot I guess since my fingers are itching to type out the story. (I'm supposed to be studying Geography what is this ARGGHHHH)

anyways, this isn't so angsty I guess D:

First time trying my hand at angst!

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE comment

Yay :D