4.

Above The Skies

Darkness.

That's all Jieun could see.

She felt her head throbbing and that her lips were taped together.

She was kidnapped; or so she thought.

She wanted to scream, to cry, to shout but all she could do was make muffled noises, when someone spoke.

''Oh, you're awake.'' 

That voice. Was it Myungsoo's?

No. It can't be. Myungsoo wouldn't do such a thing to me. Jieun shook the thought out of her head when she felt the tape being gently pulled off her lips.

''Are you hungry? Do you want some food, Jieun?''

No doubt. That voice was his. Myungsoo's.

''M-Myungsoo?'' Her lips quivered upon saying his name.

''Yes, I am Myungsoo, you silly pabo.'' She heard him chuckle.

''Myungsoo? What are you doing with all these ropes and tape? Childhood was years ago.'' She let out a nervous giggle.

''Aish you pabo. You really don't get it do you? You need to go to your Heaven, so I'm helping you!'' Myungsoo grinned as he took off her blindfold.

''Ow'' Jieun muttered as a ray of sunlight hit her face.

''Anyways, what do you mean ''My Heaven''? My Heaven is on Earth, I'm already on Heaven! What are you talking about?'' Jieun looked at Myungsoo.

''You said you wanted to die! You even tried jumping off a cliff! You have all those cuts and bruises on your hands and legs! See?'' Myungsoo brought out a picture.

''You've been stalking me?! And I never attempted suicide. That was Jiyeon! Not me!'' Jieun furrowed her eyebrows.

''If you choose to to think along that line, fine. But I'm just protecting you from doing anything silly. You are really, aish! You tried killing yourself, okay?'' Myungsoo clutched his hair, frustrated.

''But-'' Jieun started, but Myungsoo cut her off.

''All that's besides the point. I'm taking you to an instituition in Rome. You'll like it there.'' Myungsoo smiled.

''Rome? Where did you get all that money? Instituition? I don't need one Myungsoo. I'm perfectly fine.'' Jieun sighed.

''My savings, of course. You're not. You are not normal, Jieun.'' Myungsoo frowned.

''I don't get what you are saying, all I know is that I've got a Committee meeting to attend to with Baekhyun. It's already 8am and the meeting starts at 9. Let me go, Myungsoo.'' Jieun struggled with the ropes but Myungsoo gripped her wrist tightly.

''No. You need help, not a meeting. You stay here while I go and get you your favourite soda, arraseo?'' Myungsoo patted her head and started walking towards the exit.

''YOU need help, Myungsoo! Not me. This is crazy! What do you think you're doing, trapping me in this confined prison? Are you insane?'' She screamed.

''No, Jieun. Trust me, what I do for you, is for your good.'' Myungsoo gazed at her and left the room.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

''Any news?'' Sunggyu spoke into the phone.

''No. I've called the police and all already, but no one has seen Myungsoo or Jieun. Well, not yet.'' Woohyun sighed.

''Where do you think he's taken her?'' Sunggyu muttered.

''Probably a secluded area. Kidnapped victims are always held there.'' Woohyun guessed.

''Mhm... wait. No. Myungsoo's a mysterious guy, and a smart one at that. Instead of the usual, silent areas, maybe he has taken her to a crowded place!'' Sunggyu snapped his fingers.

''...hyung, I respect you more now. I might know where Myungsoo has kept Jieun. Let's go.'' And he hung up.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

''Yah, Kim Myungsoo.'' A voice called him and Myungsoo turned around.

''Hoya hyung? What are you doing here? Don't you have to work at the Music Shop?'' Myungsoo chuckled, as he sprinkled some sugared stars onto the cupcake.

''Shed that innocent facade of yours, Myung. Where's Jieun?'' Hoya frowned.

''Isn't she at home? That girl's forever sleeping, especially during this time.'' Myungsoo shrugged.

''Apparently, no. She's not in her bedroom, her house, or even the areas in her neighbourhood. Also, you were the last to contact her, in the middle of the night. We know you've got Jieun. Release her, Myung.'' Hoya reasoned.

''She can't, hyung. Jieun might do something silly-''

''She won't. We've told you countless times that she's alright. You are the one needing the psychologist, not Jieun.'' Hoya sighed while clutching his hair.

''No matter how much you guys might bug me, I won't tell you where she is. I need to return to my work, so if you don't need anything else, the exit is right there.'' Myungsoo replied and proceeded to decorate another cupcake.

''AISH.'' Hoya groaned and stalked out of the shop.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

''What kind of crappy place is this... no potatoes for me...'' Jieun grumbled as she stomped on a cockroach.

''I need to be at the meeting and yet I'm at this damned place...'' She muttered when her phone vibrated.

caller ID: Baekhyun

''Baek!'' Her eyes widened and she squirmed as she tried to reach for her phone and answered the call.

''Jieun?''

''Baek! Help me! I'm stuck in this damned place where there's no potatoes for me. Only coffee beans and more coffee beans...'' Jieun whined.

''Chill girl. Coffee beans you say? You are probably in the storeroom of a cafe. Do you see anything else related to cakes and coffee?'' Baekhyun asked.

''Flour and cartons of eggs?'' Jieun squinted her eyes.

''Alright. You're Myungsoo's bestfriend, you should know where he works at. You are most probably in the place he works at, you know where that-'' The call was cut off when she saw her phone being kicked away.

''Jieun... tsk.'' Myungsoo clicked his tongue and placed a packet of rice next to Jieun.

''Hrmph.'' Jieun looked away.

''C'mon, I'm doing this for your good, you know?'' Myungsoo sighed.

''Bull.'' She muttered under her breath.

''Say what?'' Myungsoo raised a brow.

''Nothing.'' She bit her lip and her eyes widened when she saw bits of glass shards on the floor.

''You know, I'm quite thirsty. Do you think you can get me the Bubble Tea from the popular shop? Y'know, the one in Myeongdong?'' Jieun asked.

''Sure, but you'll have to wait. Myeongdong's 20 minutes from here. Why not a soft drink from the convenience store just opposite the street?'' Myungsoo suggested.

''No, I want the bubble tea. Bubble tea please.'' Jieun begged Myungsoo.

''Fine, you stay here, okay?'' He smiled and exited the storeroom.

''Sure!'' She called out and tried to reach for those glass shards, which seemed so near, yet so far.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

''Any news?'' Dongwoo asked Baekhyun.

''She's at Myungsoo's workplace. I'm sure.'' He nodded his head.

''But that's... 45 minutes away.'' Sungjong buried his face into his hands.

''Then we'll need to get going. Buckle up, guys.'' Sunggyu commanded as they entered the car.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

''Ugh, damned ropes. So ridiculously tight.'' Jieun gritted her teeth as she tried to cut the ropes which held her wrists together.

''One more try...'' She used more force and the ropes broke.

''Eish. Bet these ropes were invented to tie up elephants.'' She cursed and proceeded to cut the ropes which tied her ankles together.

''Finally.'' Jieun heaved a sigh of relief and ran to door.

''Thank the Heavens for those biscuits.'' She smiled to herself and tried to unlock the door. Oops.

What the... She cursed inwardly as she tried to pry open the door.

''!'' She muttered and slumped against the door, exhausted.

''I should have known... Myungsoo's too smart.'' Jieun breathed heavily when she felt the door open behind her. Crap.

''Jieun? Why are you untied?'' Myungsoo frowned.

''I-I...'' was left hanging as she struggled to think of something.

''You tried to run away, didn't you?'' He approached her and placed his palms on the wall, leading her to lean against the wall, trapped.

''Erm... I...'' Jieun gulped as she looked at Myungsoo.

''Now now, you do know what happens to people who don't listen to instructions, don't you?'' Myungsoo stared into her eyes and she gulped once more.

Sorry Myung.

A groan was heard and she took the opportunity to run out of the door, away from him. She ran, and ran, as fast as her legs could carry her. Little did she know, moments later, she was on the street, only to hear a car honking and a bunch of familiar voices shouting her name.

''JIEUN!!!'' The next thing she knew, was that her vision became pitch black.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi. So this is the ending... maybe. ;) Meanwhile, please do support my new story. If you are interested, click on the link. If you're more interested, subscribe. If you're interested x 100000000, upvote juseyo 8D