5.

Above The Skies

Screams, wails, and cries of pain were heard from Ward 269, where Myungsoo sat on the bed, fully tied up. His dark eye rings were clearly seen and his hair was nothing but a mess. But he didn't care. He wanted to see Jieun.

''Let me go! Let me go!'' He screamed, for the nth time.

''That man there is really pitiful. Such good looks, but too bad, he's mentally unstable.'' A nurse whispered to her friend.

''Yea, wait. Do you know that he was warded before? For killing his ex-girlfriend.'' Her friend nudged her.

''What? Killing? Oh my goodness. He's a goner.'' The nurse shook her head.

''But it was accidental. Heard that he kidnapped her, and when she tried to escape, she fell to her death.'' Her friend sighed.

''And what do you think you both are doing? Gossiping in the midst of work? Get back to your jobs!'' The Head Nurse yelled.

''Yes mam.'' The two nurses gulped and hurried off to do their own stuff.

''Trainees these days...'' The Head Nurse thought and shook her head, before proceeding to Ward 269.

''Hello, Mr. Kim. How can I help you today?'' She smiled.

''I want you to get me out of here. I want to see Jieun.'' Myungsoo gritted his teeth.

''You can't, sir. Unless you have the form signed to release you for a day.'' The Head Nurse shook her head.

''But she's my girlfriend! Why can't I see her?!'' He shrieked.

''No means no, sir.'' The Head Nurse shook her head once more.

''Let him out for a day, Mishil.'' A voice spoke.

''But, doctor, he-'' She frowned.

''Since the girl's already dead, at least let him see her for one, last time.'' The Doctor sighed.

''Alright then.'' The Head Nurse pursed her lips and motioned for the guards to lead Myungsoo out of the room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baekhyun bit his lip as he placed a bouquet of lilies on the altar and bowed respectfully.

You're in a better place now, Jieun. He closed his eyes and a tear trickled down his cheek.

''Hey.'' He felt someone place a hand on his shoulder, and he turned round to see Sungyeol giving him a small, wry smile.

''Heard that Myungsoo's coming later. Don't be too agitated, okay?'' Sungyeol whispered.

''Arraseo.'' He nodded and went to take a seat at the bench.

The church hall was dead silent, except for Mrs Lee who was sobbing uncontrollably, with Mr Lee trying his best to console her.

Just then, the church doors were burst open, with Myungsoo charging towards the casket.

''Yah. What do you think you're doing here?'' Woohyun stopped him and hissed.

''I'm here to see my girlfriend. Why can't I?'' Myungsoo growled.

''Let him go, Woohyun.'' Sunggyu patted the younger's arm and turned to Myungsoo.

''Leave, Myungsoo. You're not welcomed here.'' He said firmly.

''No, hyung-'' Myungsoo started but Baekhyun cut in.

''What? Stay here to cause more trouble? You've already caused her death, and now what. Don't you want her to rest in peace?'' He frowned, then scoffed. ''I guess not. Which murderer would want their victim to pass away peacefully?''

''You brat..'' Myungsoo lunged towards Baekhyun but the guards held him back.

''You know what.'' Mr Lee stood up.

''Give him 5 minutes. 5 minutes to at least pay his respects to her.'' He sighed.

''But Ahjusshi, are you sure?'' Dongwoo pursed his lips and the elder nodded.

''5 minutes, Kim Myungsoo. Exceed that, and we'll throw you out.'' Hoya warned.

''Thanks.'' Myungsoo muttered before heading towards the casket.

''Jieun.'' He gulped.

''Here, your favourite flowers. Tulips, right? Jiyeon told me you liked tulips. Especially the yellow ones.'' Myungsoo placed the bunch of flowers on the altar and kneeled down besides the coffin.

''Y'know. You should really wake up. White skin doesn't look that good on you. In fact, your skin is too white.'' He tried to joke, but couldn't stop the tears from falling.

''Jieun-ah... wake up. I promise, I won't hurt you anymore. Okay? Please wake up, I beg you. I won't make you cry, you'll be all smiles from today onwards, okay?'' Myungsoo choked.

''Seems like you refuse to wake up. I'll meet you someday, Jieun. Just you wait. We'll meet again, someday.'' Myungsoo whispered before he was dragged out of the room.

''I'm worried... I feel that something is going to happen to Myungsoo hyung.'' Sungjong muttered as he felt his eyebrow twitch.

''What do you mean, maknae?'' Dongwoo frowned.

''I don't know. But it seems that this incident would be repeated...'' Sungjong bit his lip.

''I don't get you.'' Woohyun scratched his head.

''Time will tell.'' That was all Sungjong could say.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 years later...

Myungsoo stared at the ceiling, absolutely bored, when he heard someone read his name.

''Kim.. Myung.. Soo...''

''What?'' He shot up from the bed immediately.

''Oh, hi there Kim Myungsoo. I'm Bae Soo Ji. Nice to meet you.'' The girl with long, black hair giggled as she faced him.

''Bae.. Soo... Ji..? Nice to meet you too?'' Myungsoo looked at her, confused.

''What are you doing, Kim Myungsoo? Isn't it a hot day?'' She smiled.

''I'm just chatting with my friend here. Do you know Muffy?'' He replied, while holding up his pillow.

''Oh, Muffy...'' Soo Ji muttered.

''Hi there Muffy! He's cute, isn't he?'' Soo Ji exclaimed.

''Yes, he is. And he has a dream, to go to Heaven.'' Myungsoo grinned.

''Wow, Muffy! We share the same dream, let's visit Heaven someday, okay?'' Soo Ji smiled to the pillow.

''When do you want to go to Heaven?'' Myungsoo tilted his head and asked.

''The sooner, the better.'' Soo Ji stared into space dreamily.

''You remind me of someone I knew. She's called Jieun.'' Myungsoo said.

''Jieun? Who is she?'' Soo Ji snapped out of her daydreaming and asked.

''She's a friend. I helped her go to Heaven. I can help you too.'' Myungsoo smiled.

''Really? Let's go then!'' Soo Ji hopped over to Myungsoo's bed and tugged his arm.

''Alright. Let's start with... a place I know.'' Myungsoo suggested.

''But will the nurses and guards let us out?'' Soo Ji pouted.

''Mhm... then let's start with the window, I guess.'' Myungsoo shrugged and bent over the ledge.

And then, a scream was heard... then a loud thump on the ground.

 

The end

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's the end! Don't forget; comments are loved. 

Any questions? PM or Post Something On My Wall.

Check out my new story too!

click