2.

Above The Skies

She is Lee Jieun.

She had the most perfect life; great friends; a good boyfriend; a loving family; a good reputation.

Or so Myungsoo thought.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear X,

I believed I had good friends. I thought I had good friends. I thought that I could rely on them, I thought that I could trust them. I think I'm overthinking, am I? Am I right to say that I am the most selfish and annoying ever alive? Am I? No one understands me. I can't trust anybody.Everytime I try to start a conversation, they change the ing topic. Why? I don't want to tell Baekhyun all this, I can't bring myself to do it.

Wait; Baekhyun. X, I think he's cheating on me. I text him every now and then but he doesn't reply me. Also, when I go near him, he hides his phone away. I wonder why. Am I overreacting? I guess I'm being unreasonable. Baek has his own reasons, perhaps. Lately I haven't seen him. Is he cheating on me? Is he?

Parents. Mom and Dad are too busy working. I don't want to trouble them. We have financial problems recently, because Dad lost his job so now he's working in a supermarket, as a cashier. Mom isn't doing well either; her boss is unreasonable and she has been coming home late every single day. I don't want to stress them out even more.

I hate, let me repeat, HATE those stupid classmates in school. They are just up to me in order to gain popularity. It's filthy and despicable. Don't they have lives of their own? Don't they have their brains? If they want popularity, they work for it. es should stop sticking to me like leeches, I feel suffocated, yet I have to smile at them. Huh.

I can't trust anyone in this world. Those ''friends'' of mine? I think they're ready to kick me aside once they've achieved their goals. I choose to remain silent and act as if nothing's happened. Baekhyun? I haven't seen him for two weeks now, can't trust him. No. Dad and Mom? They're too busy to even talk to. I barely see them.

X, you know how death feels like. I'll be joining you in Heaven soon. Just wait for me.

- Jieun

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Myungsoo frowned as he continued staring at the letter.

Baekhyun? Cheating on her? But... Baekhyun died 3 years ago. He massaged his temples as he tried to figure out what Jieun meant.

And... who's X? What about her joining this... thing in Heaven soon? Myungsoo sighed as he pursed his lips.

''Myungsoo!'' Jieun waved to him and he hurriedly placed the letter back into her bag.

''Yeap?'' He asked nervously.

''What book were you reading the other day? You know.. the one you hid?'' She questioned.

''Huh? What book?'' Myungsoo looked at her, confused.

''Y'know... when I said hi and you quickly hid it away. I saw it, don't deny!'' She giggled.

''Oh- that- erm...'' He stuttered.

''Aha! I know! It's a letter from your secret lover, right? You were hiding a letter in that book!'' Jieun guessed.

''W-What no!'' Myungsoo mentally facepalmed.

''Gotcha! You're stuttering, a sign of denial. Myungsoo's got a girlfriend!'' Jieun sang and ruffled his hair.

''No... anyway, are you feeling stressed recently?'' He urged, trying to get an answer out of her.

''Stressed? No, why? I've got the perfect friends, perfect boyfriend and a perfect bestie a.k.a Myungdiot! Why would I feel stressed?'' She grinned and started playing with her hair.

''Oh really?'' He mumbled and raised a brow, and noticed burns on her hand.

''Yah, what's this?'' Myungsoo grabbed her wrist and scolded.

''Nothing! I- I just burnt my hand accidently while dropping the instant noodles into the boiling water. Nothing serious.'' Jieun stuttered and yanked her hand away.

''If you say so...'' He narrowed his eyes at her and she darted his gaze.

''I'm telling the truth!'' She pouted.

''Arraseo, arraseo'' Myungsoo forced a laugh and took her hand.

''But remember, if you have any troubles, you must tell me, okay? Best friends go through thick and thin together.'' He smiled.

''Of course. But, you make us sound as though we're a couple.'' She laughed and continued, '' Nah, you're too good for me anyways.''

Babo. He sighed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

''Lee Jieun? You want to register her in this place?'' The receptionist looked at Myungsoo weirdly.

''Yes, I believe she needs help and this place would help her.'' Myungsoo replied.

''But sir, you do know that this is the Mental Hospital, don't you?'' The receptionist eyed him and asked.

''I do, that's why she needs to be registered here as fast as possible.'' Myungsoo said.

''Alright, if you insist. But we need consent from her family member, are you part of her family?'' The receptionist questioned.

''I'm afraid... no.'' Myungsoo scratched his neck awkwardly.

''Then we can't place her in our list. Firstly, the to-be patient isn't here with you, secondly, she doesn't have parental consent and finally, she needs to go for a checkup before we deem her as mentally unfit.'' The receptionist repied curtly and went back to doing her work. 

Oh great... Myungsoo rolled his eyes and exited the building.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

''Jieun? Why?'' Mr Lee looked at Myungsoo.

''Ahjusshi, I think that Jieun is mentally unstable. I see cuts on her wrists and burns on her hand. She also mentioned that she wants to die and that she tried committing suicide in front of me. I suggest that you send her to the mental institution as soon as possible.'' Myungsoo explained.

''Our Jieun? She's fine. She has no injuries or whatsoever. What are you talking about Myungsoo?'' Mr Lee laughed, assuming that Myungsoo was pranking him.

''Ahjusshi! I'm serious, Jieun's not well. We need to put her in the mental institution before she attempts anything silly again.'' Myungsoo insisted.

''Ah, Myungsoo-ah. I guess that you're too stressed and you need to calm down. As of now, there is no need for Jieun to be placed in a mental institution where she would be drugged even though she's perfectly normal. You need some sleep, so you should go home right now and get some rest. Goodnight, Myungsoo.'' Mr Lee chuckled and closed the door behind him.

Fine, if no one's going to believe me, I'll do things my way then. Myungsoo frowned and trudged back home.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Pew pew pewwwww. Hi :D 

Last day of examinations YIPPEEEE O/

Anyway, what is Myungsoo planning? :O

Stay tuned to the next episode!

This is Squiggles reporting and goodbye o/