Getting Her Attention

Unexpected
Since that day onwards, they've been talking to each other like almost everyday. He saying that her hair is weird, but cute, that she's short and such.

"Your hair is also weird right, why say mine? And there's no use being so tall." she said sarcasticly.

He then let out a laugh saying that there's no use being short either.

She was speechless. Then she pretended not to hear him. He knew what she was up to, and he said, "Defeated finally huh?" letting out another laugh.

She turned around trying to talk back, but only found Jiyong smiling at her. She blushed but she kept telling herself that she must remain calm and look cool in front of him like she's not interested in him. But inside her, her heart flutter at the sight of him smiling and the butterflies in her stomach were churning non-stop. She couldn't help feeling happy.

"Maybe Jiyong kinda like me," she thought to herself. Then she came to realize what she was saying. It's not possible she thought. So many girls fell in love with him like she did, and she thought that other girls were also much prettier than her. Why would Jiyong choose her?

She then told herself that not to think too much into it as it will lead to nowhere.

The next day, she went to school as per normal, but she heard some rumors. Rumors saying that a girl confess to Jiyong again. She can feel the twinge feeling in her heart, and thought to herself, "This is normal, he's so good-looking and nice, who doesn't like him?".

It was time to assemble and not long after she found herself sitting beside him again. He kept talking to her saying some things that she don't really understand, but she just nod to let him know that she's still listening. She cannot help but feel disappointed, but she was also curious whether Jiyong has accepted that girl.

During lunchtime, Dara went to her best friend, Bom, to ask whether she has heard the rumors that came in that morning. Dara asked casually and showed lack of interest when asking so she won't look so suspicious that she likes Jiyong.

"Ohhhhh, you mean that? That girl's from my class." Bom said. Then she suspected something and said, "Why are you asking this huh? Are you interested in him?" ,then gives a I-know-it-all face.

Dara was pushing away the questions that Bom keeps throwing to her. Then she told her that even if she likes him, she doesn't stand a chance.

Bom agrees with her. He had so many admirers to choose from, why would he choose Dara? Bom also agrees he's hot and such, but it's just not possible.