Please, Listen!

Opposites

After that incident yesterday, Soomin can't avoid getting dazed. She was staring in space from time to time. She even missed lots of calls and texts from Ren. It was unsure if Soomin decided not to pick up the phone on purpose or she was too dazed.

"Before the dawn~ Before the dawn~ Nae maeummaneun jipchagi aniya. Before the dawn~ Before the dawn~ Neol bandeusi ggok jabanaego sipeo"

INFINITE's Before The Dawn, which is obviously Soomin's ringtone, finally ended. The ringing stopped. Soomin decided to bury her head under her arms and hug her knees near her chest. There was nothing but silence in the apartment.

Hours later, a loud sound came.

Soomin heard it but still refused to raise her head even a bit. Soon, she heard her apartment door open, and still, refused to look a peek at it. The next thing she heard was a familiar voice...

The voice of her twin brother, Ren. 

Next, she felt Ren's touch on her shoulder and was being shook by him.

"Yah! Choi Soomin!" Ren cried in worry. Finally, Soomin raised her head and saw her brother worried sick for her. Seeing that his sister finally looked at him, Ren sighed in relief and sat beside her. "Yah, what's wrong? You weren't answering my calls."

Soomin simply shook her head and didn't say anything, making Ren more worried. "What's wrong, tell me." Ren insisted as he held onto Soomin's hand. Upon feeling her twin's touch, Soomin quickly bursts into tears and buried her head on Ren's shirt. His twin's actions were quite shocking. He was getting more confused.

"Ren..." Soomin sobbed.

"Waeyo? What happened?" Ren asked as he patted Soomin's back to calm her down. "Calm down. I'll get some water, wipe your tears, arraseo?"

"Nae."

Ren quickly grabbed a glass of water and gave it to Soomin for her to drink. Afterwards, Soomin proceeded to explaining on what happened yesterday night, that JR found out the truth between her and Taemin. She felt really guilty for keeping that from him. She hated it that she made JR hope that she would fall for him after three months! She didn't know what to do, and she felt numerous emotions filling her up.

"Soomin, is that the reason?" Ren asked.

"Nae." Soomin nodded.

"Do you want me to talk to JR and explain things?"

"Aniyo."

"So... what're you planning on doing next then?"

"I don't know. I don't know anymore..."

Ren sighed and looked deep into Soomin's eyes, which were trying to avoid his eye contact. "Do you love Taemin?" he suddenly asked, making Soomin look at Ren, confused.

"Nae. You know I love him." Soomin answered. "Waeyo?"

"Nothing. I... just wanted to ask." Ren smiled as he ruffled his twin's black hair. "Look, why don't you see him yourself and explain things to him yourself? He needs to know the reason, you know, so that it won't end into a misunderstanding." Ren said with a reassuring smile. "I think that's the best you should do. If you want, you can bring Taemin along too..."

Soomin thought and smiled at Ren. "Nae. I'll do that." Soomin smiled. "Thanks, Ren."

"Cheomaneyo." Ren giggled as he wiped Soomin's tears. "Wipe your tears, you look really ugly when you're crying."

"I know..." Soomin softly laughed as she wiped her tears with her hands. After, she gave Ren a really tight hug. "Thank you so much, Ren, I'm so lucky to have you as my brother."

"That's twin brother." Ren giggled as he raised his voice on the "twin" part. He hugged his sister tightly and smiled upon feeling his twin hugging him back.

=========================================================================================

Just like what Ren adviced Soomin to do, Soomin headed to Taemin, wearing her usual gray pants, a checkered polo shirt, and her favorite black converse shoes. She hurried to Taemin's residence and arrived there without even informing Taemin. 

Upon hearing a knock at their door, Taesun quickly opened it and found  a well dressed Soomin standing on the other side. "Ah! Soomin! What's up?" Taesun asked as he saw the young girl.

"Hi, is Taemin home?" she politely asked.

"Nae. Come in, I'll just call him, arraseo?"

"Arraseo, gomawo."

Soomin made herself at home and sat on the couch as Taesun called Taemin from his room. She noticed that Mr. and Mrs. Lee weren't home, probably at work. Soon, Taemin came downstairs, dressed in a baggy blue shirt and dark pants. His eyes grew big upon seeing Soomin in the living room. "Soomin? Wh-what're you doing here?" Taemin asked as he walked towards her.

"Taemin... we need to discuss something." Soomin began.

"S-sure, what is i-"

"Taemin-ah, hyung's going to buy something, arraseo? I might take a while, I'm still going to visit some friends of mine. Watch over the house, okay?" Taesun said as he opened the door.

"Nae, Taesun-hyung!" Taemin nodded. When his older brother was gone, he turned to Soomin again. "What were you saying?"

"We need to talk." Soomin said. 

Taemin blinked as he sat on the couch beside her, feeling a bit curious on what Soomin has to say to him. Did he do something wrong? Was something wrong?

"What are we going to talk about, Soomin?" Taemin asked.

"Taemin, do you remember what happened yesterday?" Soomin asked as she beamed at Taemin.

"Mwo? You mean that time with JR?"

"Nae."

"Nae, why?"

"You see... I feel a bit bad."

"Jinjja? Waeyo?"

"Well... I just... it makes me feel kind of bad, you know, because we kept our secret from JR. I saw pain in his eyes, you know."

"Soomin, don't worry about that, he's-"

"Taemin, he is a lover of mine. He was hurt when you suddenly admitted that I am your girlfriend."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that we should explain things to JR. He must understand why we kept our relationship a secret."

Taemin grew quiet. His face looked calm but inside, he was having mixed emotions. Anger, jealousy, he can't understand. Why was Soomin that worried for JR in the first place?! "Soomin... why do you even want to do that?" Taemin asked as he raised a brow on her.

"Why?" Soomin blinked. "Of course, I feel bad for him! If you were in his place, what'll you feel, huh? Pain right? And I don't want that for you to feel!"

"Soomin..."

"I don't want seeing others hurt, Taemin! I hate seeing others in pain!"

"Soomin..."

"Whether physically hurt or mentally, I hate it! Taemin, please."

"Soomin..."

"Why can you not see? Do you like seeing JR hurt?"

"Soomin....-"

"Because, me? I hate seeing him hurt! I don't want to see him hurt!"

"Soomin!"

Hearing Taemin raise his voice cut Soomin off her speech. She saw Taemin filled with rage for some reason. Her eyes grew wide upon seeing the taller guy stand up and glare at her. She admitted it, it was scary... She wanted to avoid his gaze, but Taemin's eyes kept Soomin's eyes steady on him. "Yah, why are you acting like this towards JR, Soomin?" Taemin angrily asked. 

It was confirmed, Taemin was growing jealous. Despite his "innocent" and "bubbly" side, when Taemin gets jealous, even Key can't calm him down, neither can Soomin! He was the worst person when he is jealous! Soomin knew that, but why on earth would he get jealous of JR?

"Taemin, listen to me! JR is hurt, hurt by me! Can't you see?" Soomin cried, as if she was pleading to Taemin.

"That's to be expected, Soomin. It's a choice that you yourself made, to love one person and hurt the other! You can't love both at the same time, it doesn't work like that!"

"I know that, but at least we need to explain things to him!"

"Are you hearing yourself, Soomin? What, do you think it'll make him feel better if you explain things to him? No! It won't change anything! Nothing will change!"

"I know that too, but he misunderstood things! He needs to know why exactly we kept it a secret from him!"

"Soomin! It won't change anything! He'll still be hurt in the end, he needs to accept that fact!"

Soomin had enough. Anger filled her, or maybe frustration. Her hand moved on its own, slapping Taemin back to his senses. Her eyes were beginning to pool with tears of disappointment. This wasn't the Taemin she loved. His eyes were different, he was different. "Taemin! Please! Listen to me!" Soomin cried. "I know, JR will remain hurt, but I know... I know if we explain things to him, that pain will probably decrease!"

Taemin was lost with words. He had nothing to reply Soomin. There was pain on his left cheek, which was turning bright red from Soomin's slap. He slowly came back to his senses. Just as what Soomin had noticed, jealousy got in him, and he greatly regretted that.

"Taemin... please." Soomin pleaded as she lowered her head. "I'm doing this for our sake. Please... listen to me..."

Taemin was about to speak when a familiar song played. "Listen neukkil su itni nae shimjangi ttwi jireul anha, my heart be breakin', Bunhan maeume ureo do bogo sori jilleo “ha” wechyeo do bwasseo, my pain be creepin'..."

The song was no other than EXO-K's History, and it was Taemin's ringtone. He quickly picked up his phone and the song ended. "Yeoboseyo?" Taemin answered.

"Hey, Taemin." a familiar voice greeted. Taemin quickly recognized the voice, and he was quite surprised that the voice sounded evil. 

"B-Baekho?" Taemin said with his quiverring voice.