Dreaming of a New Start

Dream Illusions

Since Hyukjae could remember Kyuhyun had always been there to destroy his already pitiful life like the little monster he was. 

There was the time he was drinking water and Kyuhyun decided that popping up behind him was a fantastic idea. He almost choked. There was the time he was carrying boxes that held very fragile items that needed to be taken with intense care that Kyuhyun decided to block his path until he ended up stepping wrong and falling down a flight of stairs. He broke the things inside his boxes and his arm. Heechul ended up driving him to the hospital's emergency room. Let's not forget the time he was in the bathroom showering and Kyuhyun decided to jump in with him in his boxers. He ended up tripping on a bottle of shampoo and hitting his head on the faucet. That was another drive to the emergency room where he ended up getting stitches. 

That was Kyuhyun. The son of satan that constantly invaded his life when he least wanted him to which is exactly what he was doing here. 

Heechul led him to the group and cleared his throat to gain their attention. All of the males looked up and Heechul smirked.

"Guys, this is my monkey of a roommate Hyukjae." He introduced his dongsaeng to his friends.  

"Hi." God, why was he so socially awkward? He could have introduced himself with a smile and maybe a wave but no, all he did was stand there awkwardly with a poker face. 

One of them who seemed to be Heechul's age came up to him. His hair was a dirty brown color and his eyes had a sparkle to them that Hyukjae couldn't identify what it was. 

The other stuck out his hand and gave him a smile. "I'm Jeongsu but you can call me Leeteuk." His smile became wider once Hyukjae shook the other's hand and smiled back awkwardly. 

Leeteuk pointed at another male with short brown hair that was texting on his phone. "This is Kangin, he's my boyfriend." His eyes became dreamy for a second until that sparkle came back when he pointed at the smaller boy next to him. "This is Ryeowook, he's the youngest one here, or so he was, how old are you Hyukkie? If you don't mind me calling you that." 

Hyukjae couldn't help but smile at the nickname. The only people who have called him that are Heechul and Kyuhyun, but that was only when Kyuhyun was trying to either get him to do something he was sure he would regret later or was trying to apologize for making him do the thing he knew he would regret later. 

"I'm 24." He tried his best to sound glee and social but instead he ended up sounding even more awkward than when he introduced himself. 

Leeteuk on the hand chuckled and replied. "Ryeowook is 23 and i'm 27 like Heechul and so is Kangin." He then turned towards two other boys, one with short black hair and another with long onyx hair. "The taller guy is Siwon, he's 23 and that's Yesung he's 25." Hyukjae nodded and smiled at them, Siwon was really handsome and Yesung seemed like a mysterious guy who you just want to be close to. 

That's when he felt his sleeve being tugged and a soothing warmth around his arm. He looked to his sides to see a boy with chocolate brown wavy hair hugging his arm and then looked to the other side to see Kyuhyun tugging on his sleeve while giving the said boy a glare. Not that the other will see it. 

"Yah! Fish! Get off my roommate! If you keep hugging him he's going to catch your weird! Not that he's not weird but I don't want to live with an even weirder roommate because of you!" The other boy who Hyukjae presumed he would have to call a fish until he learned his real name tightened his hold on Hyukjae's arm and hummed. "I don't want to! He's so warm!" 

He felt the weight on his other sleeve getting heavier and saw Kyuhyun almost ripping his sleeve off his shirt if it wasn't for the fact that he didn't have the physical ability to do so. 

"Why I ought to kick you're right now for disobeying the great Kim Heechul!" Heechul rolled up his sleeves ready to attack the fishy boy but Leeteuk stepped in and blocked the "queen"'s way. "I'm not letting you hurt one of my dongsaengs Chullie. We should at least give Hyukkie a clean introduction without you trying to kill someone every five seconds." 

The feminine one scoffed and placed his hands on his hips. "I'm not trying to kill the fish, just exorcise him of his stupidity." Well even though he felt bad for the fish Hyukjae can't really say he wasn't happy to not be the one being insulted this time by his evil hyung. 

"Hyukjae." Leeteuk turned towards him ignoring the other who was fuming behind him. " That's Donghae. He's very clingy when it comes to people but he's a kind soul. He's 23 and he's going to turn 24 very soon." 

"I don't like him." Kyuhyun commented, his glare still on Donghae who was now back in his seat sipping his cola.

Nope, he wasn't going to reply. If he wanted to be friends with these guys and not make them run away like Sungmin then he had to ignore Kyuhyun until he was alone.

"Hey, I'm talking to you." He received a poke on his side which he had to admit hurt a bit. Kyuhyun wasn't human or alive but for some reason he could always feel everything he did to him. 

Nope, he was not going to back down so easily. Instead he decided to have a conversation with Donghae to clear his mind.

"Fine, if you keep ignoring me i'm going to leave!" He could sense the the others anger increasing with every word hespoke to Donghae. 

That still didn't stop him. He wanted Kyuhyun to out of his life despite the little voice in his head telling him not to. 

Suddenly the tight hold on one of his sleeves vanished. The boy who was ruining his life left and he was pretty damn happy about it. 

Dinner with Heechul's friends was fun for Hyukjae. Donghae was pretty clingy with him and kept talking which was fine since it distracted him from his thoughts about Kyuhyun. Other times Siwon would try to make him laugh and even gave him a slice of his strawberry cake. Heechul sometimes got into aruguements with Siwon when it came to religious topics seeing as how his roommate was a strict athiest. Leeteuk and Kanging where like the mom and dad of the group, constantly trying to break the bickering two apart and giving each one their own punishment. 

Sure the weren't the normal bunch of friends he had hoped for because they were better than what he could imagine. They were a family, so close together, and that's even better in his opinion than a group of friends who would sometimes go as far as betraying the other, If only Kyuhyun was there...yeah, that would be perfect.

Wait, 

'Stop it Hyukjae! You're not supposed to be thinking about him!' Sooner or later the brunette was going to show up with that stupid smirk of his and would certainly give him hell later. 

Kyuhyun never showed up though. Even when he was terribly frightened because he found a beetle near him; Kyuhyun did not appear to mock him for being such a girl and then comforting him when Hyukjae started to cry. No, it was just him and that demon beetle. 

He knew Kyuhyun had a short temper but it wouldn't last since the monster has to annoy someone in his 'life'. So he firgured the other would get over it like he always did and talk to him tomorrow. With those thoughts the other fell asleep with his new friends and Kyuhyun in mind.


A/N: Second chapter! Now working on the third as well as with a one shot i'm doing~ I've been in a writing mood lately. Thank you so much to those who commented and subscribed on my last chapter it means a lot!