Dreaming of Normal Friends

Dream Illusions

Lights of all varieties of colors lit the stage. The chanting and screaming of the fans waving around blue light sticks and balloons. Some of them held up their hands wanting to get a high five, a handshake, or some kind of touch from their idol who was performing on stage.

 

It was like a dream.

 

Then the obnoxious noise called clapping was heard.

 

“So this is the great Lee Hyukjae's private dance studio...it's kind of ty for my taste but it seems suitable for you, maybe if we do some reparations here and there it will be good enough for me to come to more often.”

 

Oh yeah, he forgot, it WAS a dream.

 

“Yah! No one asked you to come here Heechul-hyung and how did you even get in here? This is a private building.” Hyukjae frowned and crossed his arms over his chest at the smirking male in front of him.

 

“It's simple really, I'm Kim Heechul and I can go anywhere I like without the need of an invitation.” His smirk widened after he said this. Hyukjae just frowned more and scoffed. “That still doesn't explain how you got in here.”

 

Heechul, who was now admiring himself on one of the mirrors chuckled and looked back at the latter.

“I have my ways.” He smirked again and Hyukjae could just imagine what he did to the poor guards outside the building. He blushed and covered his face. “Oh god Heechul...don't tell me you seduced the poor guys...” His blush deepened.

 

The dark haired man snorted and fixed his bangs. “Please, those two fools aren't even decent. Why would I go around flirting with them?” Hyukjae sighed and gave Heechul a judging look. “Because you're Heechul, you like to assert your feminine looks on people.” He blurted out remembering the time he first met Heechul in college.

 

Heechul is not the type of person to keep to himself his own thoughts and feelings about certain subjects; and that subject at the time was non-other then Hyukjae himself.

 

It was his first day in college and he was unpacking his things in his new dorm, trying to arrange them to his liking without taking up the space of his unknown roommate at the time. That's when Heechul came in asking a series of questions such as “Who are you? Why are you here? Don't you know the zoo is two more blocks away from here?” and heck! He even insulted his hair by saying it was very messy, ugly, and that it made him look like a monkey. That wasn't such a good first impression for Hyukjae. He doesn't really bother much with his looks because they don't concern him but it still wasn't nice to hear some stranger insult you just like that.

 

After a few insults being thrown back here and there and Hyukjae wanting to kill the latter with his bare hands and vice versa, the boys came to the understanding that they were both each others roommate. It took them a minute or two to process the information before another fight of “I don't want a monkey as my roommate!” and “Believe me, I rather be stuck in a room with a deranged ape than with you!” continued. That was the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

 

Now back to the present.

 

“Geesh hyung, do you hit on every person that passes your way?”

 

“Nope, not on ugly people. If I did that then I would have tried to seduce you months ago.” Heechul smirked contempt with his answer.

 

The younger male stayed silent, not because he couldn't think of a comeback but because someone else came in the room at that moment.

 

Tall. Brown hair and a pair of dark amused eyes staring directly at the latter. Hyukjae stayed silent and glared at the figure who just entered the room. He should really think about locking the door.

 

The taller walked towards him and smirked. “Nice friend you've got there.” He said referring to Heechul who was just staring at Hyukjae waiting for the other to come back to life.

 

“I wouldn't really consider him a friend, more like an acquaintance..and how did you get in here Kyuhyun?” Kyuhyun pointed at Heechul with his thumb, a smirk still on his face and replied. “You're acquaintance seemed to have knocked the guards out in the front so I decided to leave them there and go in while I still could.” Hyukjae then could have slapped Heechul and himself at that moment for letting him get into a fight. No; Heechul was too girly to get into a fist fight with the them but he's not conservative enough.

 

“Heechul! Did you flash the guards?” Just looking at Heechul's shocked face gave the answer away and Hyukjae swore with all his might that he was going to burn Heechul at the stake. One of those guards was going to ask him out and he's definitely not a man to reject such an offer.

 

“You mean that blonde guard with the freckles was going to ask you out?” Oh, for a second he had almost forgotten all about the younger.

 

“Well at least I think so, now shut up Kyuhyun.” The brunette boy scoffed but kept silent nonetheless and looked away.

 

Heechul who was still shocked as to how the other knew about his devious entrance looked over and spotted Hyukjae pouting at a random direction.

 

What the ?

 

“Hyukkie...what the hell are you staring at?”

 

“That pabo named Kyuhyun.”

 

“No one is there...”

 

“Yes he is; he's standing over there with that stupid smirk of his.”

 

Again. He repeats himself. What the actual ?

 

He saw how the smaller pouted again and quickly looked away from that spot with a red face.

 

By then Heechul was not only weirded out by the other but a bit worried for his sanity too.

 

“Hyukkie this will definitely hurt but don't worry, this is all for your own good.” Heechul said carefully moving closer to the oblivious blonde in front of him. Slowly he rose his hand up in the air.

 

SMACK!

 

That's when Hyukjae escaped his trance. He then noticed that Kyuhyun was nowhere to be found. He sighed.

 

It had happened again.

 

He didn't remember for how long but sometimes when he was feeling down, angry, confused, or any emotions that were strong “Kyuhyun” would appear and make him forget or worsen those emotions with all their constant bickering.

 

Sometimes it would take hours for him to remember that the man in front of him wasn't real because all those feelings, touches, and looks he gave off seemed to be 100% genuine.

 

“Sorry Chullie, I was spacing out again...”

 

Heechul signed and gave the other a hard pat on the head. “It's okay, it just creepy to see you pouting to a void space.”

 

Well it wasn't his fault completely but he knew he shouldn't be doing that around others, no wonder he had no friends!

 

It's true. Hyukjae was not someone who people would want to get close with.

 

Everyone thought he was weird seeing how the blonde would space off and would talk to the empty chair next to him. Others would catch him arguing with an invisible person in the lunch line or he would hug himself.

 

There was only 1 person, besides Heechul, that actually tried to get close to him. Sungmin.

 

Sungmin was the new kid at school at the time and he usually bothered to talk to Hyukjae during class, that was until “Kyuhyun” appeared and started annoying him which led to his outburst in class which is probably why Sungmin fell out of his chair with wide eyes...Ever since then Sungmin has ignored him.

 

Now his only friends were Heechul and his boyfriend Hankyung who would occasionally visit them in the dorms but that's only because Heechul was forced to room with him and either way HAD to talk to him at some point in his life.

 

It was all “Kyuhyun”'s fault.

 

He could have had friends and maybe a girlfriend , a better life filled with teamwork and companionship if it wasn't for him. He didn't hate “Kyuhyun”, he just sometimes wanted to kill him in his sleep if you know...he did sleep and was real...That's not the main concern though, the main concern was Hyukjae wishing to have normal friends who didn't cross dress on Saturday nights, who didn't curse in Chinese when he he had a fight with his boyfriend and most certainly one that wasn't fake. Real and normal ones that he could see touch and joke around with.

 

“Maybe we should go hang out with my friends, they'll probably like you.” Heechul offered but then stopped. “That's if you don't act all ghost whisperer on us with your little friend.”

 

Sure, knowing his hyung the other must hang out with some sort of gang and selling drugs on the weekend or something like that but hey, if that meant making some new friends and getting rid of “Kyuhyun” he was all for it.

 

Heechul smirked and gestured for the other to follow him to his car.

 

Stupid Kyuhyun...

 

He better not mess it up with Heechul's friends even if they're the wrong crowd.

 

They arrived at the diner after almost getting killed by Heechul's crazy driving. Hyukjae could almost kiss the ground. Actually, he did and it felt so right since he was so happy to be on solid ground.

 

He entered and saw a massive group of guys together at one table which he assumed to be Heechul's friends. They didn't look like drug dealers or anything bad, in fact, they looked normal...

 

That was until his eyes landed upon one face and he swore he almost fainted.

 

Dark eyes, brown hair, pale skin and a smirk that can send anyone within a three mile radius running.

 

Oh no...


A/N: Yo! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I really tried my best to make it interesting since I hate writting the first two chapters of any story and I didn't want it to come out boring so yeah. I have nothing else to say...I'll just uh...go...