CHAPTER 4: THE PARK SHIN HYE EFFECT

THE HEARTBREAK CLUB

Author's note:

The chapters are piling up! It's a good thing! I'm so happy. I like the "The Lee Seung gi Effect" Chapter!  It's like |out-of-the-blue chapter of this story". I just suddenly thought of adding it and every moments are random. I hope you can keep up!

Meanwhile, the "Park Shin Hye effect" is the complete counterpart of the "Lee Seung Gi effect". Do you notice how Park Shin Hye portrays characters in dramas with personality defects or at least it's the "girl that the guy finds really interesting because it's  got odd and problematic personality" but nevertheless at the end of the day they fall for it? Yey! That's park shin hye effect guys! Another theory made by me. :)

...Yep! You're right! We'll proceed to Joorin and Samuels part of the story!

- RAWRKINLOVE <3

P.S. This part is in time-lapse mode. So just imagine that the time is so fast and it's progressing to the beat of Sam-Joorin love story. It's not the ordinary today-tomorrow-next day time plot. Well..kinda hard to explain.. Ugh. :)) AND THIS CHAPTER IS KINDA LONG. LONG READ AT IT's BEST. HOPE YOU STAY TUNED! :)

__________________________________________________________

 

"I'm so late!! Not again.."

Joorin just woke up and it's already 5:15. The concert's bound to start at 6PM sharp. She almost jumped when her phone rang. It is Yeonhee. She inhaled hard and clicked "accept"

"Hey. Where are you? We are supposed to meet up at 5:00.."

"I'm still...in the house. I'm sorry! I'm already dressing up! Just go ahead and be there. I'll catch up!"

"You overslept don't you?"

Joorin can't lie to her best friend "Yeah.. I'm sorry! I promised I'll be there on time! I'll take a cab!!!"

"Okay! I'll go now! It's okay. Just hurry up and see yah! Mwah!"  Yeonhee hung up.

Joorin just grabbed whatever shirt she has in the drawer and put it on. She put on her skirt and just tied her hair up. She went out of the house running..

________________

Samuel is kinda running to the station. He didn't like to be late of course. He's glancing on his watch every now and then.

He took the bus and it should stop near the orchestra house, as Jaewon told him. He's so excited. He then get off the bus and he is still half-running on his way. When he's about to cross the pedestrian lane, a cab suddenly stopped in front of him. It almost got him. He glared at the taxi driver and the driver quickly apologizes. The passenger door at the back swung open. It emitted a familiar girl.

"Joorin.."

Joorin is rushing and didn't noticed Sam until she bumped into the guy's chest. It kinda hurted her.

"Aw.. " Joorin angrily looked up. Of course that faded when she saw it's Sam. She became her old awkward self.

"Easy..Easy.." Sam's laughing and he patted Joorin's head like she's a kid. Joorin blushed. "You're going in as well right? Great, let's go together!"

Joorin nodded. Sam's walking beside her. They are now walking on the pedestrian lane. Joorin can't help but to be silent.

"I like your shirt...." Sam blurted out.

Joorin became conscious of what she's wearing. It's her Yoda shirt. That shirt is "exclusively- worn-inside-the-house-shirt" of hers. It's a picture of Yoda (Star Wars) wearing a cool pair of sunglasses. Beneath it, it says "Rolling they see me, Hating they be".  Yoda speak of  "They see me rolling, they hatin..." line. Joorin never felt embarassed as before.. For her, it's kinda inappropriate to wear this kind of shirt on a date..

..

...

..wait..

..it's not even a date! She shook the thought away.

"What's the matter? It's really cool! Where did you buy that? I want one.." Sam keeps on looking at her shirt which made Joorin more conscious. But she felt better due to Sam's remarks.

"...I made it." Joorin said.

Sam's eyes widened.. "Really? Wow. You have awesome cool shirt designing skills! How?" Sam is smiling AGAIN "You seem to be a fan of Star Wars! count me in because I'm a fan myself..."

Joorin smiled and she's looking ar Sam while walking.. she's starting to be comfortable.."I drew it and designed it. Then printed it on the shirt using a shirt printer. I have one in the house..."

"Nice..I don't know any girl who likes Star Wars..you're cool!" Sam beamed. " Well, that shirt... Can you make me one?"

Joorin stopped. If that's the case, it's only her and him who have that shirt. That makes it....technically.....a Couple shirt.

"Oh. I'm sorry. It's okay if you don't like.."

"Nnnnggg....nnnnngggg.....No! She finally manage to say the word. It's completely okay." She put a thumbs up like crazy.

Sam flashed that glorious smile again "Okay. I'll count on that!" He asked for Joorin's high five and she responded. Her heart is pounding..

they already entered the orchestra house and they approached the couple who seems to be having a good time waiting for them.

"Oh. there they are!" Joorin pointed out. She's smiling.

Sam can't resist looking at her smile again. Like it's some sort of an irresistable charm of the girl. Joorin looked at him and their eyes met. By that, Joorin's smile faded.

___________________

___________________

After the orchestra.. they met Yeonhee's dad. Joorin treats Mr. Bae like her own dad. She congratulated and hugged the uncle. Mr. Bae seems to be fond of Joorin as well.  Turns out that her dad nd Yeonhee's dad are very good friends. That's why Yeonhee and Joorin knew each other since God knows when. After few introductions, Mr. Bae said good bye and the group decided to have a dinner outside.

While inside the diner, Joorin can't wait for the food to arrive. She's really hungry now.

"Hyung..you'll see how this girl eats..She's like a monster on the dining table"

Yeonhee tried to stop him but too late. Jaewon is already imitating Joorin's eating habits with a hint or exaggeration.

"So what? I hate it when you keep on teasing me when you yourself can't stop talking while your mouth is super full." and Joorin perfectly imitated Jaewon talking when his mouth is full of food. She imitated it perfectly and it's very funny.

Jaewon felt somehow ed and was silenced. Yeonhee and Sam is laughing like crazy by what Joorin is doing. Sam liked how Joorin is so carefree.

"You're funny.." Sam meant it as a compliment but Joorin stopped and became conscious. She tucked her hair behind her ears. Jaewon can't help but to cringe.

"Joorin  just eats heartily. You'll like it when she's eating and you'll feel happy when you're eating with her.." Yeonhee adds the compliment.

Sam smiled and liked the thought. "We should eat always eat together then.." he looked at Joorin.

"Uhum.." Joorin just nodded.

the food arrived and all of them are taken aback as to how Joorin eats. She really is hungry and she didn't care. She even ate Yeonhee's leftovers. Jaewon always poses a disgusted face upon looking at her. Sam's smiling every now and then and Yeonhee's always telling her to take it easy or else she'll die of indigestion.

It's already dark when they went out of the diner. They are now walking on the gorgeous streets and city lights of Seoul. It's still Spring and the environment is really pretty. Yeonhee and Jaewon are walking side by side and behind them are Sam and Joorin.

"They look good together isn't it?"

Joorin thinks of what she should say. After all, Sam is Jaewon's best friend. "Well.. it's okay. Honestly, I don't like Jaewon for Yeonhee..in case you don't know.."

Sam smiled. It's just what as he thought. For him, Jaewon and Joorin seem to have similar characters. Both of them just can't agree to it.  "what makes you think so.."

Joorin unconsciously sticked out her tongue while thinking. "I don't know.. Maybe I just don't like him personally. But it doesn't matter. My best friend likes him, and that's what's more important.  She's happy with him.. and thinking about it, Jaewon has been the right one for Yeonhee so far. Me disliking him is just personal..."

Sam nodded. "I guess we have the same thought.."

"You don't like Yeonhee for Jaewon?" Joorin suddenly exclaimed. The two oblivious of what Joorin and Sam are talking about.

Sam put up both of his hands.. "No..I mean, you're best friend is perfect for Jaewon.. and Jaewon for her.. "

"Ah..okay. Hehe." Joorin smiled.

"What about you? You have someone you like...?"

Joorin nearly choked "Eh..huh?!"

"Do you have someone you like already?" Sam repeated. His curious eyes seems glued to her.

"Wu..Well.. I'm not thinking of such things right now..." Joorin lied and she's avoiding eye contact with him.

Sam frowned.. "Really..? Anyone in your mind...nothing?"

Joorin thinks "Hmm.. I have a handful of crushes.."

Sam beamed "Who are they?" really curious

" Tony Stark..Bruce Wayne.. Peter Parker.. I like them.." Joorin smiled and giggled by thinking about them

Sam frowned but later on smiled "I see.. you really like comic characters don't you?"

Joorin stopped "Ugh..No..not really. It's just that I always see them..and they seem to grow in me..that's all. It's not that I really like them.." she seems so defensive and Sam just laughed to it.

"I like girls who are fond of those stuffs...There are just seldom of them that I know..."

"..Eh?"

Sam touched Joorin's head like she's a child. Jaewon suddenly turned back. Joorin alarmingly turned to other direction.

"Hyung..time to go.. " Jaewon waved at his girl friend "Bye Yeonhee.."

"Oh..right. Bye Joorin." Sam smiled at her and waved. "It's good to see you today..Take care" Sam almost whispering. Joorin blushed.

 

Yeonhee and Joorin just nodded and waved back.

____________________

After a few weeks...

____________________

 

" Well, that shirt... Can you make me one?"

"Okay. I'll count on that!

.........

............

.................

Joorin remembered Sam's request that night they watched Yeonhee's dad and the orchestra.

Joorin had the shirt in her bag. She's fighting herself whether to give it or not. One side of her is telling to give it to him because he requested for it anyway but the other is resisting it because that will just make her look like she's gotten head over heels for him.

He should've forgotten it already! She shook her head violently, and she's slapping her cheeks slightly. Everything is just new to her and she clearly can't understand herself.

"If you're looking for him..he's in the piano room.." Yeonhee said while reading a book. They are sitting in a bench with a table under a tree. That's one of their favorite places inside the campus. Jaewon is eating and just being there, joining his studying girl friend.

Jaewon just smiled. "Tsk. you're really easy to read sometimes.." He raised both of his eyebrows to verify what Yeonhee had just said. "Yes. He's in there..practicing. Go ahead and scamper! Leave us alone. Hehehehe"

Yeonhee smiled. She looked at her worried best friend. "It's alright. Don't mind Jaewon. If you don't like just stay here but I'm just saying..he's in the piano room......" there is a hint of tease in her voice.

"He's really good in playing the piano.. don't you want to see it?"

Yeonhee is now slightly laughing. Jaewon and her is a strong team. "Well.. thinking about it..I'm really curious about it too. If it's me I would really go there and see it.." Yeonhee looking at Jaewon.

"aish. just study there. See it some other time." He looked at Joorin "Now what? Ka. Go."

Joorin just rolled her eyes and stood up. "alright Alright. Yeonhee you're becoming like this evil guy. I'll go see it not because you said so.. I'm just plain curious. Okay?"

Jaewon made face and Yeonhee gave her a thumbs up. Joorin then left the two and went her way to the piano room.

...

...

Joorin is really now close to the music room because she can hear the beautiful music coming from the piano. There is black grand piano in the music room that can be used by students when there are events. Sam most likely asked permission from the music teacher. Judging it, even the music teacher can't say no to him. His charms and charisma are just too strong.

She's almost entering the door now. She stopped on her tracks. She just can't find the courage to enter. She leaned on the side of the door thinking of a good way to enter.

"What are you doing there gongju-nim?" Sam is already on the door leaning the same way as she is.

"ajlksjkjkihihf" Joorin felt like scampering away. Did he just called me Princess?? Joorin thought. She looked everywhere to see it there are anyone else.

Samuel's index finger pointed at her forehead. "It's you." He smiled like he was glad to see her. "How may I help you?"

"Ugh.. I'm disturbing you!" Joorin just exclaimed. She almost hit her head by that nonesense answer. In turn, she just shoved her hand inside her bag, grabbed a white shirt and shoved it on Sam's hands.

"There goes Yoda!" Joorin said while attempting to walk away. Sam's reflexes are so damn fast that he grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"Hey. You're leaving already?" He slightly pulled Joorin to him. Then his other hand put the shirt up to check the design. He's smiling.  "This is so cool. Thank you"

Joorin is still looking at Sam's hand on her wrist. Her eyes wide-open. "Uh.. can I go now?"

Sam frowned. "Not yet. Let's go inside". He then somehow dragged Joorin inside the music room and made her sit down on the piano seat. He sat beside her and they are both facing the piano keys.

"As a thank you.. please enjoy the show." Sam smiled to Joorin.

Sam started playing a beautiful song. Joorin don't know what it is but it sounds good and it's kinda complicated the way Sam plays it. She felt her jaw dropping. She's looking at the boy every now and then and sometimes their eyes would meet. Sam will just smile.

After playing, Joorin clapped slowly. Sam asked for a high-five but Joorin fist bumped it. She felt awkward. Sam touched Joorin's head again..much to the surprise of the latter.

..

...

....

Little did they know that there are angry and jealous eyes  watching them..

____________________

____________________

________________________

Fast forward

________________________

Yeonhee don't know how to tell her best friend that she's going home with Jaewon. It's always her and Joorin who's together when going home but she made a promise with Jaewon that the boy will walk her home today. She's kinda busy nowadays due to student council activities and school works that her boyfriend misses him. She's beginning to feel guilty because it's always Jaewon who's patiently waiting.

She's waiting for Joorin who's coming from the Art Club meeting. Supposedly, Joorin is the president of that club but she's hesitant to take the role. In the end she just chose to be the vice-president and gave up the higher position to a junior student. Her best friend's artistic talent was never kept secret from her. When they are younger, Joorin is often praised by Yeonhee's father because she paints bizaare things a normal 9 year-old cannot paint. Joorin is an art genius. She can be an awesome artist without even trying. But her best friend somehow kept her talent from everyone outside their circle, she kept it inside ever since they start going to school. She's thinking that Joorin might have been burdened by the great expectation given to her ever since they were kids.

"Yeonhee! Let's go home?" Joorin already arrived.

Yeonhee didn't move a bit from where she's standing. She really can't break it to her best friend.

Joorin looked closely to her "Umm.. what's wrong? Are you feeling sick?" She placed her hand on her best friend's forehead.

"No. I... I..." Yeonhee hesitated.."I won't be going home with you today"

Joorin stopped "Oh.." Then she readily realizes the reason why "Oh...it's okay!"

Yeonhee held both of her hands "I'm sorry. I'll go with Jaewon today. I hope you understand.."

"Hush... It's okay! Go on. I understand. She gives her friend an assurance by nodding thoughtfully. She then slightly pushes her to the exit. "Go on. Tell Jaewon to get a life! Hohohoho. Take care Yeonhee..See yah!"

Yeonhee smiled and waved to Joorin. "thank you. You're the best"

Joorin looked at her bestfriend's image and it's slightly fading as she is walking further the school gate. She sat down the bench and thought That's what happens when your best friend already got a boyfriend. She smiled and looked at the the tree that shelter's her from the afternoon sun. She sighed.

"Why are you letting out that strong sigh....?"

She almost jumped  "What the hell?!!!" then she realized it's that familiar voice she always like to hear.

It's Sam.

Why is this guy always appearing beside me like he has a magic portal? Joorin thought. She covers because she just let out a not so good expression.

Sam laughed "What the hell?" He pouted "What a nice way to greet me"

"I'm sorry!"

"Jaewon texted me and he told me he'll walk Yeonhee home.. I knew you're here alone.."

Joorin looked down, unenergetic. "Yeah. seems like it. I'm alone. "

Sam sat beside her and looked at her. That almost melted her. "Shall we go somewhere?"

"Huh?" Joorin can't hide the tone of surprise.

"Come on! Let's have fun more than they do!"

Sam grabbed Joorin's hand and they are almost running to the school gate. Almost everyone in the campus are looking at them with curious eyes now. Samuel and Joorin running hand in hand.

....
.....

....

"You almost killed me!" Joorin is panting. "Where are we going?"

Samuel is holding his knees and the other hand is still holding Joorin's hand. He is short of breath as well.

"Wait.. wait..." Sam coughed. "Where do you want to go?"

"You just dragged me here and you don't know where to go?" Joorin and Sam are standing in the bus stop. Hundreds of meters away from their campus. They ran that long..

"Ugh.. the bus is here..let's go." Sam pulled Joorin towards the bus entrance again. Sam and Joorin sat on the last row of seats. Sam's smiling and Joorin can't help but to smile as well.

..until she realized they were still holding each other's hands. She looked at it. Sam got a glance of where she is looking and he quickly let go of her hand. They felt awkward for a moment..

"Let's play!" Sam said upon settling down.

"Excuse me?" Joorin somehow can't hear that clearly

"Let's go and play. You know...video games.." Sam punched the wind and showing it to Joorin "I haven't played for a long time..I miss it.."

"Ahh...hmm..okay." Joorin is kinda hesitant

"It's okay? Alright.." Sam studied her face "You play video games aren't you?"

Joorin cleared "Kinda...A little....."

"Then let's go....!" Sam sounded really excited.

________________________

----------------

It's their 4568th round but Sam's never beaten the girl beside her. He's beginning to feel embarrased now. They are playing Tekken and Joorin is just plain awesome. Like any character she plays are doing badass combos. His character can't even stand up.

"Is that what you say a little?" Sam hissed "You're a game master!"

Sam stood up and placed both of his hand together and bowed to the master which is Joorin. Joorin stopped her because it's gaining every student's attention in the game center.

"Yah stop it. It's just beginner's luck!" Joorin indicated. But on the back of her mind, the guy never stood a chance to her gaming skills. Her gaming consoles at home will tell how high the level of her skill is. It's soaring high any guy gamer would date her and ask her to marry them. She always encounter proposals being the only female gamer in Diablo.

Sam smiled at Joorin. He is smiling and admiring the girl at the same time. To him, she's one in a million. Like a unicorn. Okay. That's plain corny. But he can't think of something else..

Then he just remembered Jaewon. Jaewon is the best gamer around. He just imagined these two being on the same game and fighting each other. That would be funny and epic. All of them never beat Jaewon to any games that ever came out. The guy is a gaming master. He knew his best friend wanted to create games and ever since that's his dream..but Jaewon's dad disapprove of it and wants Jaewon to pursue music... It's just clear to Sam that Joorin and Jaewon are simialr in many ways..He's really wondering why the two never liked each other..

"Are you sure no one's asking you out?" Sam's curiosity reeked again.

Joorin fell silent. She did touched her fringe again. A sign that she's shy. 

He looked around "What a waste..." He just meant to tell it to himself but Joorin managed to hear it. Her heart skipped a beat.

"Ja... are you hungry? Come on..let's eat!"

"uhmmmmmm......." Joorin is still thinking whether to go on..

Sam just touched her cheek. Joorin almost died "Stop thinking. Just be happy that you're with me and let's move forward!

Joorin can't help but fall deeply...

...

...

...if she only knew that Sam's already there.

 

_________________________

_________________________

After a week...

_________________________

_________________________

"Die!"

"Stay away.."

"Ugly..."

Joorin can't help but to crumple those pieces of paper that have tons of unknown hate for her. She never had this all her life. This is the only time she received such things ever. She's getting her books out of her locker and she's almost on her way to her class..

"Hey Joorin.."

Yeonhee was there when she closed the locker door. With her are Jaewon and Samuel. They seems to be waiting for her.

"Let's go the the room!" Yeonhee is about to grab her arm when she noticed crumpled papers on both of her hands..

"What are those?" Sam asked. Even him didn't fail to notice.

Joorin almost hid them behind her "Nothing..nothing..garbage...my locker's garbage is piling up I need to throw them..Hehehe"

"Good to know you're cleaning your locker. Tsk" Jaewon said.

Joorin just ignore it and she painfully look at the papers in her hands. Sam and Yeonhee seems to ask more about it but they chose to not to push through..

"You go ahead..I'll just put this is the trash bin."

"I'll go with you.." Yeonhee insisted

"NO." She put both her hands up. The three seems a little bit surprised. "It's okay. I'll go to the room right away.." She smiled just to make sure she's fine..

Sam have a worried look on his face. The girl is clearly acting weird. Yeonhee and Jaewon seems to be aware of it as well.

"Oh..okay. We'll wait for you there then.." Yeonhee just said. Then Joorin walked away to the place where the bins are supposed to be.

Joorin is now walking alone and she keeps on looking around. Who would have placed this in her locker? She noticed a bunch of girls that seems to be looking at her but they all turned away and went upstairs, where the other classrooms are located. She can't weigh if these are the girls who put it there since she has no idea what the motive is..

She then quickly throw them in the garbage can and walk back to the side of the building where the senior classrooms are located..

While walking back many girls are looking at her and whispering at each other. She finds it odd. She never was popular nor she never was known to anybody except her class, Well she was just known to be Yeonhee's bestfriend. She's wondering what's up. One girl just bumped into her. It looks like she meant it but the girl bowed to her like she's sorry. She just said okay even though it's really painful. Her left shoulder blade was hurting.

Joorin walked inside their classroom with her right hand on her left shoulder. Maybe she's got a low tolerance to pain that's why it's painful. She just sat to her desk without even noticing any of Yeonhee, Jaewon and even Sam's smile.

All three just looked at each other with a hint of question that was never blurted out

____________________

 

"Hey Joorin..let's go home" Yeonhee enthusiastically asked. She noticed that her best friend is being lifeless and silent. She finds it very odd.

Joorin bolted upright  "Uh.. okay. But can you wait for me? I'll just get books in the library.. I have my extra homework for not passing the homework last week on time..." Joorin at least pouted to make it seem like she's annoyed by the thought. That would make her in her usual self.

Yeonhee smiled "Okay! we'll wait for you outside..in our favorite tree.."

Joorin stood up and waved at her best friend.

"Jaewon and Sam will be there as well. Let's go together!" Yeonhee shouted when Joorin is almost several meters away.

____________________

____________________

 

Joorin is now walking outside the library. The school is almost empty now. The library is situated in another building with the club rooms and other academic rooms for science, arts and music. By this time, not a single soul can be found inside these rooms.

She's now almost going down the stairs when a bunch of girls, around 8 of them just came out of the Science lab. Joorin looked at them, puzzled as to why are they still in there. She was about to move forward when they all cornered Joorin who has been carrying several heavy books. They are in the most secluded part of the campus and there are only a number of students who remains in school since it's already oustide school time.

Joorin looked at them and never failed to recognize each and every one of these girls. Most of them are just 3rd years and it didn't escape the fact that these girls are the known bullies and delinquent ones who belong in the last sections of their batch. They are so ready to torture the girl and unleash their over-jealous-crazy-fangirl ways. Joorin is just standing there, thinking what she has done wrong with these girls.

"Yah.. what's the matter? Did I ate your lunch or something?" Joorin is trying her best to be cool and calm.

One of the girls just bitterly laugh. The other one pushed the books to the ground. Joorin just looked at the books.

Am I just being bullied? Joorin thought Heh. These young clueless girls don't know what they are doing... She rolled her eyes, looking annoyed.

"You . Stop acting like you don't know..."  One of them said

All of them are stepping forward. Joorin has no choice but to lean on the wall. She's trying her best to remember anything that she has done that makes these girls dislike her.

Her mind stopped at something. It can't be.. Are these girls being mad at her because of that guy? It really can't be..

"Hey.. can someone please explain this to me? Are you the ones who placed those letters? "

One of the girls pushed her shoulder "You . Can you just stay away from our Samuel-oppa?"

Bingo. Just what Joorin thought.

But What the f? She can't understand why these girls would be holding a grudge to her.. "I don't understand.. what exactly do you need from me?"

One girl already pulled her hair  "Isn't it clear to you? You stay away from Sam-oppa. You are clearly flirting with him and seducing him.."

Joorin removed the girl's hand on her hair. She's got strong pulse that overpowered the girl's grip. Most of them are shocked. She's really irritated now. She can't resist fighting them.

"Yah..If you girls are gonna be hating me just for that one guy.. then that makes you irrelevant and shallow!" Joorin pointed out "And I'm not doing anything.. so bogger off..."

she's pushing her way out of the girls and there is chaos. They are attacking her now by pushing her and some are pulling her uniform.

" You really have the guts to tell us this? There goes your true colors huh?"

"I'm not even affected. You're clearly talking about yourself. Aish!" Joorin looked at them and she made sure she delivered the message nice and painful to each of them.

"So you think you and him stand a chance? You'll just make him less cooler. You are not worthy for him. Look at you!"

"You're so confident aren't you? How come you're pushing yourself to him when he is even out of your league. Cool guys like Sam-oppa should be with a pretty girl..we can accept that! But you....."

"You're ugly. You're making Sam-oppa look like a loser..just like you.

"You're dragging him down to your level"

Everyone of them is so angry. Joorin felt a stab on her chest. Those remarks made their way to her. She's still fighting the physical pressure but the words of the girls made a strong impact on her.

One girl pushed her hard that she slammed her back to the wall and she fell to the ground in a kneeling position. Bullying to the next level. Some are already close to punching her.

"Just accept defeat and stay away from him.. Arasso?!" The girl put her feet on her back and the dirt of her shoes are now on her uniform. Joorin is fighting her way to stand up but the pain on her back and the wound on her knees are just too painful.

"What the hell.. just stay away from me." Joorin exclaimed. No one seems to hear them.

One third year, who seems to be their leader gave a sign to her classmates to stand her up. All of the other girls stood her up. She can't seem to stand. The girls are holding her in a harsh manner.

"Aish..stop that. Don't touch me.." She's shoving all the hands away but nonetheless they overpowered her.

The girl is wrapping her knuckles with a thick towel. Joorin became alarmed as to what will happen. She've seen this in the movies and dramas and it never escaped her that some bullies are just plain crazy and sadists.

"Let go of me!!.."

"this will surely make you learn your lesson.."

___________________

 

Sam had not go home yet due to his piano practice in the music room. He already is about to meet Jaewon iand Yeonhee at the under the tree bench. He noticed that Joorin is not around.

" Where's Joorin?"

Yeonhee mentioned that Joorin is still in the library.. He looked at the distant building where the library is at.

"She's getting books. We'll wait for her." Jaewon said while sitting on the bench. Jaewon has this noticeable worried look on his face.

In the library? What time is it...? Sam thought.

They saw a bunch of girls walking outside now. All of them seem to have a fight because their uniforms are so dishevelled. One of them saw Sam, Yeonhee and Jaewon and they quickly bowed to them. They seem to be afraid of them, avoiding their stares and all.. They altogether ran into the school gate.

"aish..what time is it..." Jaewon turned back  to get is cellphone out of his pocket and quickly dialled Joorin's phone number..

it's just ringing.

Yeonhee began worrying now. She looked at Jaewon."Can you go to the library and check if Joorin is still there?

"I'll go with you.." Sam said to Jaewon.

"No it's okay. I'll go. You wait there. I'll call you if she's not there so you can search some place else. Okay" He flashed a V-sign and run towards the direction where the building is at.

___________________

 

Jaewon is now on the second floor, walking on the hallway. At the edge of the hallway he saw Joorin lying down but her back is leaning on the science lab door. Blood is running down . It already has a red mark beside it. A bruise most likely. The books are all over the place.

"Joorin!!" He run to the place and he kneeled down. The girl's eyes are b with tears.

He don't know what to say. That's the only time he saw the girl so weak.  "Joorin.. Joorin."

"you..what are you doing here. It's past school time already.." The girl still has the guts to mock him. She touched her lips and there's blood on her fingers.. "Hehe.. I guess I tripped really bad and fell very hard.."

"Who did this to you??", discarding the girl's remark that she fell. He quickly  grabbed the girl's hand and waist and tried to stand her up but she just winced in pain.

"Don't tell Sam.." She's looking sincerely on his eyes. She's pleading.

"aish..stop acting all mysterious and tell me!" Jaewon is shouting.

Joorin seems to gather her strength "I'll tell you.. so please don't tell Sam..uh?"

Too late. Sam and Yeonhee just went up and saw them on the floor. Both of them are really worried that's why they can't resist going after Jaewon. Sam quickly rushed to them but Yeonhee just covered out of shock.

"yah.. what happened! Joorin!" Sam's worried eyes met Joorin's. The girl's tears are rushing down and some are dripping on the floor.

Yeonhee is now with them and crying. "Joorin...."

Joorin put her left hand up and waved like she's okay.. "Hehe.. I guess I tripped really bad and fell very hard.."

Jaewon quickly catched Joorin's body because she just became unconscious..

 

____________________

-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------

 

All four of them are in the hospital room.. Joorin is lying on the bed. Her arms are bruised and most especially her left cheek has a huge bruise in it. The left side of her lower lip seems whacked by something really hard.

"Who did this to her..?" Yeonhee said while parting the hair of her sleeping bestfriend away from her face.

Jaewon just looks at the girl. He keeps on remembering everything.

"Joorin is a strong girl. She'll never get beaten like that if there's only one who did that to her.. Most likely..there are a lot of them.." He looked at Sam as if pointing out an obvious thing.

Sam remembered the bunch of girls who saw them outside the school "You mean those girls..?" He painfully looks at Joorin

"But why will they do this to her.."

Jaewon suddenly remembered what Joorin had said

""Don't tell Sam..."

now he get it. He just pretended like he don't know.

"Well.. let's just end this long day and we'll know that by tomorrow.."

________________________

________________________