CHAPTER 2: IT ALL BEGINS..

THE HEARTBREAK CLUB

Author's note:

Hi there! The game is finally ON! I've so many ideas flying around for this fanfic!

Thank you for the time! LOVE LOVE!

The first parts are kinda detailed and slow paced.. I just deemed that it is important as to establish each character's personality and history well. Should you have any concerns or questions, don't hesitate to express it on the comment section below~~ HOHOHOHOHOHO!!!

- RAWRKINLOVE <3

__________________________

So the guy who just interrupted our main girl was Samuel..... should I say that seems predictable? Hahahaha.

and would Jaewon have the courage one day to tell his girlfriend about his real passions in life? Tsk tsk..he should be...right?

Ja...let's begin!

_________________________

 

----------------------------

 

"Thank you for going with me..."

"Errr.....you're...you're.. errrr.. no problem!"

the guy just looks at her and suddenly his eyes became curious.

"Are you a senior student?" He smiles when he's asking Joorin

Joorin now can't straightly look at him.. Am I a senior student? Aish Joorin..! Get a freaking grip!

"Ye..Yes!" She obliviously fixed her bangs. "and...how about you? are you here for something?"

perhaps he's visiting his girl friend or something..She can't help but to be somehow sad on that thought

"Yeah. I'm here to visit my brother..."

Oh............ his brother... Lucky me!~~~~~ Hohohohohohoh Joorin thought.

They are about to approach the entrance of the cafeteria. Joorin suddenly noticed that the students are looking on their direction. All of them have curious faces.. some are smiling and giggling.. and most of them are of the female species *hehe*. By that Joorin knew that they are looking at this glorious figure on his left. She seems to notice that the guy is kinda close to her side while they walk. Her heart pounds faster than ever..

...until she saw Yeonhee and Jaewon on the other side of the cafeteria. Oh oh~ If Yeonhee saw her, she now have to join them and she won't bear to be with the guy and his guts! She suddenly switch places and somewhat hide behind the stranger's back. The guy seems to notice it but he chose not to ask why she seems hesitant to enter the cafeteria. The guy saw who he needs to meet. He slightly grabbed Joorin's arm much to the surprise of the latter.

Joorin then was made aware that they are going closer to her bestfriend and her boyfriend's place. The horror! The great feeling of this guy's hand on her arm and the dread of meeting the guy she hates are really clashing inside her.

"There they are! Jaewon..that guy....." The guy cheerfully exclaimed to Joorin as if making her clearly know that the brother he is looking for is the one she is avoiding of joining in one of the crowdiest places in school.

Oh noes. His brother is that punk????

 

________________

 

Jaewon is flashing a mischievous smile as Joorin and Sam sat with them. Heh. This girl is so sly..how come she met my hyung first? Much to his delight, Joorin seems to be acting like a girl while sitting beside his best friend. He doesn't know if he'll be surprised or he'll feel awkward to see this violent girl acting girly and shy.

Yeonhee signalled the two to sit down.

_________________

Jaewon and Joorin's first meeting is not that pleasant at all. It was during their second year in high school. Both are wearing their headphones and both of them seems to be late for their first day in school.

It's still a 25 minute travel to the campus from where Jaewon was and it's just 15 minutes from the first bell. It's not a really good thing to start the semester. He's just new to that school, he does not want to create a not-so-good first impression to his teachers.

Joorin was panicking inside as well. She starts cursing everyone around like an evil witch and blaming every soul around her as to why she is late. She knew it was unreasonable to be just plain mad at everyone because it was her alarm clock's fault for not doing it's sole purpose.. which is to alarm in the first place. Well, she didn't care. She was never late and she can never be late. What's more alarming was that..it's the first day of school. She does not want to be late.. of all the days she has to be on time.. she deemed this is the most important one!

Screw it. I'll take a cab! She called taxi and one just stopped in front of her. She was about to open the cab's door when a guy wearing her high school's uniform grabbed the door handle, bumping her away from the cab and opening it as if he called the taxi himself.

Wait. This taxi is MINE. The guy stopped on entering the cab and looked at her. Good. She knew he should let the "ladies get the cabs first" right? She smiled while grabbing the door handle as if she's mentally telling the guy to go away because she obviously hailed the taxi first.

"I'm sorry. I'll take this first. I'm late!" the guy entered the cab's passenger door and sat inside. Joorin's blood suddenly boiled and it somehow reached her head..real fast. She prevented the door from closing by placing her super long leg in between the door and the passenger seats.

"Aish. you punk! This cab is mine. Get the ing out."

Jaewon was surprised. Me? punk? This girl is kinda short of words. He didn't expect a girl to have this kind of angst. The way the girl disrespected her "sunbae" was not accepted in his terms. The girl looked like a first year student. She shouldn't be talking him down!

"yah! excuse me? I got here first! and first years shouldn't be that rude. Now get out of the way."

What? first year? I'm reeking of 2nd year high school student vibes!!!! Joorin adjusted her glasses like it was the most important thing to do at that moment. This just can't go on..

"Shut up. I'm clearly your sunbae. You're the one who needs to get out of the way. I called this freaking taxi first! You, rude bastard!" She's really mad now. It's now just 13 minutes. The cab was the only cab on the stop and that's the only way she can reach the school on the dot. The cab driver just scratched his head upon seeing two high school students fight their way into his taxi.

"I'm late. Get out of the way"

"I'm late too! You get out of the way. This cab is mine! and how come you called me first year? I'm a second year!"

"Woah..woah.. you're lying. And that doesn't even count as to why I should give this to you!"

"What? when I see you at school you're dead! I'll get the crap out of your soul!"

..that escalated quickly. Jaewon can't help but to bittely laugh at this girls' words. Girls are and should be the most sweetest thing ever. They shouldn't talk back like this. This girl is an exception to the rule. He really hates her now. And she's not even that pretty that he can give up the taxi despite him being late. This girl...

"Aigoo. Why don't just the two of you ride this taxi and go to your goddamn school! You seem to be both late right, THEN both of you come inside!!!!

Both of them were surprised. The ahjussi have had enough of their little conversation. He just shouted to both of them. They both stopped. Joorin stood up straight and went inside the cab, bumping Jaewon violently and signalling him to move aside..

"close the door!!!" The taxi driver shouted and Joorin surprisingly closed the door real quick. Both of them are now frozen in place and scared of the driver ahjussi.

and...

they were still 3 minutes late. Joorin was so mad and Jaewon was so mad as well. What's more interesting that happened that day was when they were made aware that they are in the same class.

_________________

 

"How come it took you so long to get out of the airport?!" Jaewon asked Samuel, who is now eating a kimbap they offered him.

" I helped a halmoni with her baggages. I can't understand why she is travelling alone with that age..." Sam said as-a-matter-of-fact-ly.

"Tsk. Woah.. always snatching the role of the knight in shining armor.. Don't you know I got late because of you?"

Joorin raised an eyebrow with Jaewon's remark. In her mind, it's given that Sam's got to help that grandmother. He just can't go on and be an indifferent, soulless and evil person just as Jaewon is.

Yeonhee slightly elbowed Jaewon "Yah.. you heared that he helped the old woman with her baggages..you should understand!"

Joorin nodded violently, agreeing to her bestfriend's statement. Jaewon just sighed and Sam just shortly laughed.

"Alright..alright. What can I do now? Everything has been done. Good job, hyung" he just can't hide the sarcasm.

" Tsk.. evil punk" Joorin whispered and it didn't escaped Jaewon's ears. Jaewon just give her a disapproving look. Yeonhee and Sam didn't seem to notice anyway.

"So.. are you three in the same class?" Sam asked.

"Yeah. unfortunately.." Jaewon looking at Joorin. He suddenly shifted his look to Yeonhee "and yess...fortunately..Hehe"

Yeonhee just slapped his boyfriend's shoulder and laughed. It never escaped her that Joorin and Jaewon are not in good terms. She just knew it but she never ask why and how things went wrong for the two of the most important persons in her life.

Sam just smiled. He looked at Joorin who's just looking at random things on the table.

"Well.. I hope we all can be in the same class...."

Joorin stopped on her tracks. Does that mean that Sam's gonna enroll in this school? Sweet Cheesus! She can't help but to look at Sam and then look indiferrently at Jaewon as if asking if what she's thinking is true.

"Yep. You're right. He'll be admitted in here next week. You're welcome Kim Joorin....!"  Jaewon teasingly exclaimed. He already knew what Joorin was thinking. Apparently, the girl, during these kind of moments..is easy to read. It's a dead give-away that Joorin's interested with his best friend. Well.. who wouldn't be..?

Yeonhee smiled at Joorin. She know her best friend that well and it's a good idea to have an additional member of the "group" since Joorin always felt awkward when she is with her and Jaewon. Her best friend openly expressed dissatisfaction being the third wheel when they are going out together.

Heh. This girl is so dead..Jaewon can't imagine her being all so cutesy and girly when Sam's around. Well, that's a good thing for him. That's something he can use against this girl. Jaewon just placed his elbows over the table and looked at Joorin with an evil smile.

Upon realizing that it will be a good year for her with Sam being around, Joorin unknowingly beamed her sincerest smile. Sam can't help but to look at it. Jaewon can't help to look at it as well. The girl can sometimes be really pretty when posing a genuine smile. Jaewon shrugged it off and remember that this girl is just wearing her usual "sweet girl" mask.

" Err... Okay. Break time's over. We should head in. Hyung, you can go home now. Glad you're back!"

Jaewon stand up and give his hyung another man-hug. Both Yeonhee and Joorin stand up as well.

"Well.. I'll drop by the school registrar..and I might as well get the books and other materials while I'm at here.."

"Well nice to meet you Samuel.." Yeonhee extended her hand and Sam shook it.

"Same here." He then turn to Joorin, who always get surprised by the actions of the guy.

"Nice to meet you and Thank you for taking me here.." He flashed a nice-guy smile. Joorin can't help but to stare at it.

"Err..Okay. Hehe.."

______________________

 

"You like him don't you?" Yeonhee asked Joorin with an ounce of tease while they're on their way home.

Joorin straightened up and with eyes wide open.. "Huh?....No. No!?"

"Eh? You do like him, it's like written there!"

She pointed Joorin's forehead while laughing. Joorin just let out a sigh and imagined her and Sam's first meeting.

"He's so dreamy...isn't it?"

"Omo..you really like him. Thank God you found a guy whom you can like. After all these years, I have a doubt that you are a lesbian.. Hehehe"

Joorin, who's almost 3 inches taller than Yeonhee placed her arm on the latters shoulder and acted like a crazy oppa.

"Well.. contrary to popular belief, I'm no sweet girl.. I only have my eyes on you..." She acted as if she will kiss Yeonhee but she stopped and laughed her heart out.

"You! You're really crazy!" Yeonhee can't help but to laugh as well "You better fix yourself now that there's Sam-ssi.."

Joorin did her manerism of suddenly touching and fixing her fringe.. "I don't think I have to do something else.."

"Yah! You can at least put a powder on your face, don't eat like there's no tomorrow and stop eating burgers with double cheese and patty!!"

Joorin stopped walking and slap her best friends back kinda hard "Hey you! Are you really my best friend?! Stop telling me what to do. Heh. I can let him fall for me with just being me, myself and I. HAHAHAHA"

"alright, alright. I know you're really that hard-headed. Oh well.. what can I do.. of course I'll support you!" Yeonhee walked again to Joorin and they are now arm to arm.

Joorin smiled to her only best friend "Yah. That's why I love you so much..."

___________________

 

"Aish! Don't tell me you like that girl?"

Jaewon is really irritated with how Sam's bombarding him with thousand and one questions about Joorin.

He never expected his best friend to develop an interest to that girl who does not even care to fix her hair properly and act like a girl. Well, 2 years ago, Jaewon had a chance to see Joorin's real personality *talk about the cab incident* . He's the most surprised person in the whole wide world when he came to understand how the girl acts in school and to other other people. Joorin becomes prim and proper, full of girly demeanor and is your average nice girl. Like she's hiding the wild and tough personality in school. The only thing that made Jaewon not reveal her true character is because she just happens to be the best friend of the girl he likes. And Joorin holds that same exact certificate of threat against him because she happens to know Jaewon's real personality as well. They just chose to coexist and secretly hate each other, well at least to the eyes of other people outside their circle.

 

"It's not that I like her right away! You know I just met her.. It's just that.. she's really interesting."

"Yeah..really..tell me more about it.."

"It's like there's more to her than that appearance she's showing. I know she's got an interesting personality.."

Jaewon rolled his eyes "ah so you're now some sort of psychologist now? Well..you're right. That girl has a rare personality. Very rare it scares me..."

"Well..that's for me to find out right? Girls are predictable and acts the way we wanted them to be.. this girl is just outside the wavelength of how normal girl's act and think"

"Just shut up Hyung and let me live a normal life okay? You are speaking gibberish." Jaewon laid down on the sofa and placed both of his hands behind his head. 

"And how come you are now into weird girls?!.. I wonder what happened when you boarded that plane.. you completely left your brain behind.."

Sam just laughed and left Jaewon on the living room..

 

__________________

 

"Class, let's welcome your new classmate, Samuel Choi. He's from New York"

the classroom is full of wails and soundy giggles mostly from girls. It's Sam's first day and he already played the campus heartthrob part. Joorin and Yeonhee are just there smiling and Jaewon seems a bit irritated with the noise.

" Hi. I'm Samuel. Please take care of me!"

and the wails just become louder.

"Tsk. What a trouble..." Jaewon just whispered

" Okay Samuel-ssi. Please go to your seat beside Kim Joorin-ssi."

Joorin somehow straightened up and looked at the empty seat beside her. She then glanced at her bestfriend who is flashing a big smile of approval. She's now fighting the happiness from pouring out. Keeping it inside her would make her different from the rest of the girls in the class.

Sam walked to the seat and when he sat down, he muffled to Joorin "Please take care of me" and smiled.

Joorin was a dead fangirl inside.

_______________

 

"I'm totally dead" Joorin said with exhaustion

Yeonhee looked at her "Why are you so tired?"

"What else? That's from resisiting the feels inside me! I can't just go there and wail like crazy."

The students beside them stared irritatedly at Joorin. They are at the library now. She and Yeonhee are doing their homework early because that's how her best friend works. Talk about being top of the class. Yeonhee just smiled and tell her to lower her voice.

"But judging the situation," Joorin whispers " he has too many girls around her don't you think?"

"Err.. well, at least he is not that distant from you. Remember he's Jaewon's best friend.."

"that makes it worse.."

"No. That's one advantage. And I'm pretty positive he'll like you. You have a great personality...."

"Personality. Yeah. That makes me feel i'm ugly. Thank you.." Joorin slumped.

"Aish..that's not what I'm saying! Girls are all beautiful but what makes one different from the other is their personality..you know..."

"Yeah. You're the campus ulzzang. You're top of the class.. you are everyone's dream girl.....of course you'll say those things!"

"SHhhhhhhhH!!!!!" The students just shush Joorin. Yeonhee looked at them and they happen to be boys so they just nodded to Yeonhee and smiled to her. 

"look at that..tsk."

There are some kind of commotion happening around and Joorin and Yeonhee noticed that girls and boys alike are looking to one direction.. of course it's Sam

..and Jaewon. Both of them entered the library. Jaewon waved at Yeonhee while they were on their way to Joorin and yeonhee's table.

Sam sat beside Joorin.

"Hey.."

"Hi."

"Hey Yeonhee.. it's your Dad's performance this Saturday right? Why don't we go there together?"

Sam got interested to the topic.. "Your dad's performance?"

Jaewon answered on behalf of his girl friend "Yeonhee's dad is Bae Chin ho, in case you don't know.."

Sam's eyes widenede "Really? The BAE CHIN HO of Philharmonia Corea? Wow."

Yeonhee smiled proudly. But she's curious as to why Sam's super curious about it. He didn't seem to be the musical type of guy.

"Well..I'm a fan of his..." Sam said as a matter of fact-ly

Jaewon somwhat read Yeonhee' s mind "Sam's a great pianist. You gus should see him play....Well we're both great fans of your dad."

Sam smiled by hearing that remark but he just nodded.

"Really.. wow. Then let's go together! But..."

Yeonhee looked at Joorin. Of course, she knew Joorin isn't a fan of orchastras and classical music. She understood that part and she does not want to force her best friend to make her go if she'll not enjoy it...

Joorin gave Yeonhee an assuring smile "I'll go...."

"woah.. woah..Joorin. You suddenly became a fan of orchastras huh"

Yeonhee elbowed her boyfriend's side but Joorin just nodded "I know. But  it's my best friend's dad. I'll support unlce Chin ho!"

Sam smiled "you don't like orchestras...what do you like then?"

Joorin flashed an enthusiastic V-sign on her left hand and a rock sign on her right hand "K-POP and rock bands! HOHOHO! "

Jaewon smirked, Yeonhee laughed and Sam is just staring at her with an amazed and delighted look.

"But..Let's go!!! I'll be in full gear. Hehehehe"

 

Then the rest of the library just make her shut up.

 

_______________________