Chapter 7

Fragrance of Coffee

 

Kyungsoo woke up the next day with a hangover. He scratched his head, "Aish.."
"It's about time you wake up, it's just past 2pm."
His head was pounding, "Hyung? I- I don't remember coming home."
"That's because you were insanely drunk."
Kyungsoo ran his fingers through his hair, "Thanks."
"Don't thank me, thank Park Eunhee. She's the one that found you and called me to pick you up."
"What?"
"I tried calling you but you wouldn't even pick up. She just happened to walk by the drinking tent you were at. Anyway, I
ordered you some hangover soup. Wash up and eat it."

"Okay, thanks. Are you going somewhere?"
"Yes, I have to meet up with the owner of the restaurant I'm painting for. Oh, right! I said I would drive Eunhee Han River so she can take some pictures, but seeing that I can't.. you're going for me. To make up for yesterday."
"I didn't agree to this."
"I'm going now, meet her at Starbucks at 4:30pm!"
Junmyeon left and Kyungsoo felt better after eating the soup, he got dressed and decided to head to Starbucks early to
grab a coffee.
When he arrived, Eunhee was already there looking like she was waiting for someone. He walked up to her.
“Hey. Uhm, Junmyeon couldn't make it so I'm taking his place.”
“What? Sunbae didn't tell me.”
“He was in a rush, he must have forgotten.”
“Well, we could have rescheduled, but since you're here, I guess we can go.”
“Where do you need to be?
“Han River!” She smiled.
“It's a little far from where we are, but I can get there in an hour.”
They both got into his car and drove off. 
“Are you feeling better?” Eunhee sounded a little concerned.
“Huh? Oh, yeah. Hyung ordered some hangover soup. Thanks by the way.”
She laughed, “Well, I couldn't just ignore it. You were making a commotion, I kind of thought that you were going to destroy the place.”
“It was that bad?”
“Yeah, kind of. Oh right, you owe me 50 000 won. I had to pay for you.”
“I'll pay you back in coffees, how does that sound?”
“Hmm, I like it.”
At around 6pm, they arrived to Han River and Kyungsoo couldn't park very close to the river. As Eunhee got out of the car, she took out her camera, it was a nikon d7000.
“You're not coming out? It's really nice out!”
“Fine, I'm coming.”
They both walked down to river and she began taking pictures. She adjusted the camera accordingly and continued. Kyungsoo couldn't tell whether he was fascinated by the beauty of the river or how into photography Eunhee is.
“The way the sun is reflecting it's light is perfect!”
“You enjoy doing this that much?”
She nodded happily, “Mhmm!”
“Does this have anything to do with Hyung's painting project?”
“Yes and no, it mostly has to do with my photography project for work but I can bring some of these photos for Junmyeon-sunbae to look at."
“This time of day is nice for photos, but kind of chilly. We're into autumn now.”
Eunhee felt something fall on her cheek, “Oh, is it raining? That's weird, it's not suppose to.”
Kyungsoo shrugged, “I don't feel anything.”
“Maybe it's just me.” 
Moments later it started pouring. Eunhee panicked and tried to protect her camera from the rain by cover it with her sweater.
“What the-” Kyungsoo saw a tree close by and pointed towards it, “Over there!”
The both of them ran towards the tree and used it as shelter. It wasn't 100% efficient, but it was enough.
Kyungsoo looked at her, she was desperately tried to wipe the water off her camera. 
“That camera must mean a lot to you.”
“Appa bought it for me.” She half smiled.
Kyungsoo sighed, “I'm jealous.” 
Eunhee stretched out her left hand enough to feel the rain drops, she closed her eyes. “It sounds nice.”
He did the same thing, “I guess you're right.”
She laughed and pulled her hand back, “And here I thought you were a jerk.”
Kyungsoo also pulled his hand back, “I can be. I guess I should apologize for the time I teased you, I was pissed.”
She scratched her head, “It's okay, I kind of forgot about it anyway.”
“So why photography?”
“To me, a picture is worth a thousand words.”
Kyungsoo whispered under his breath, “So that's meant Hyung meant.”
“So what do you do?”
“I write, but it's been a while.”
“Why write?”
“I'm not good with expressing, but for some reason writing sets me free. There's so many possibilities with it, so I guess I
write as a way of expression.”
Eunhee looked at him and gave him a sincere smile. “That's good!”
“You know, you were right about me.”
“What do you mean?”
“The time at the wedding, I think I still do have feelings for her.” He sounded frustrated.
“Or maybe you just miss the feeling?”
“I don't know.”
There was a moment of awkward silence.
“The rain isn't lightening up.”
“But we still need to get back to the car, ready to run?”
When they got back to the car, Kyungsoo gave Eunhee his extra sweater.
“But aren't you going to be cold too?”
“You're going to get sick.”
“What about you?”
“It's too dangerous to drive back home, in this weather. It should stop in a few hours right? So let's just stay here for now.”
 
 
 
yay! they finally get to talk!!! the moment ive been waiting to get to hehehehe