Chapter Two - Guardian

Throwback 2012: First Meeting and Second Hello

A/N: I decided, for the first time ever, to name my female lead and not use ___________. I decided I wanted to name her Seo Na Young. I dunno. I think it sounded okay and not too cute. (One of the main reasons why I don't like naming my lead female characters is I hate names that are too cute and girly. LOL! 'Cause my name is super girly.... -_- I got issues. Yes.) So since this is a "you" story, just imagine your name as Na Young. Now on with the story.....

 

 

Na Young POV

 

Six years later...

 

"Yah! I'm leaving you if you don't get up in five minutes!" I tried all that I could, but Hansol would still not get out of bed. "I mean it, Choi Hansol!"  

Today was supposed to be our school trip and I was very excited about this, I even woke up at 4 in the morning just to make sure I have everything I needed for the trip, but Hansol had no interest in even going. Obviously. "Choi Hansol!!!" I raised my voice yet again while kicking his bed. "I know you're not sleeping anymore. Trust me, you wouldn't want me to do it again." I warned him, last year's scene was also like this. He did not want to attend the academy day and well I wanted to, so I had to improvise with the waking up. "Ya! Seo Na Young, are you insane?" he rose out of bed quickly for he was dripping wet. Since I threw, not one, but two glasses of water at him. "I warned you, didn't I?" I stuck my tongue out at him and smiled innocently as I made my way to his cabinet to get his clothes for him. "Now, get yourself dressed, we're leaving in 5 minutes!" Before I closed his bedroom door I heard him say he did not want to but I knew he'd still do it, since he had not much of a choice 'cause I know my way around getting what I want.

 

"Oh good! You finally decided to come out. I thought you died in there or something." I sarcastically said after waiting for 20 minutes for him just to get dressed. "You're like a girl! Why do you take so long?" I complained. "I told you, I did not want to go," he sighed as he looked for his rubber shoes. "And yet here you are. Oh hurry up, you little girl!" I poked fun at him. He hates it when I call him little girl, his "manly pride" gets hurt. I don't even understand him he's a 15 year old boy, he's not supposed to have that yet, right?

 

"Na Young, stop it!" he glared at me. You know sometimes I really think he's gay, I mean you wouldn't be too offended about it if it weren't true, right?  "Whatever," I walked out of the living room to the kitchen to find his mom making breakfast, and his dad reading the morning paper along with his baby sister, Sofia. 

 

"Sister-in-law is fighting with my oppa again?" she teased us. With this we all laughed, except for Hansol who just took a piece of bread and ate it fast. Yes, she calls me sister-in-law, though Hansol and I are not even dating. It's just that ever since Sofia was a baby I was already Hansol's best friend, and have been around way too much at their place so she feels like I was the only person ever worthy to marry her oppa. Which is kind of funny actually, 'cause you know, I think Hansol's not even straight. He's like a gay friend of mine, since he's also very pretty, in fact I think if I put a wig on him he'll be prettier than me.

"Yes, Sofia, Na Young is bullying oppa again." Hansol answered as I was lost in my thoughts of him having a wig on. "Liar! All I did was wake you up." I defended myself when I finally came back to Earth. I was being accused of a crime I was not that guilty of. "Sofia, look she's at it again!" he hid behind his little sister. "Enough of this. We're late because of you!" I dragged him out and bid his parents and sister goodbye.

 

As we were walking to school he was as unusually quiet. "What's the matter with you?" I asked as I put an arm around his shoulder. He did not reply, he just took my hand off of him. "Yah! Yah! Is my baby Hansol still mad at noona?" I teased as I placed my hand back at his shoulder. "You're not my noona, Na Young." he sighed. "Actually I am, you just don't call me that since you're a disrespectful brat." I said trying to pinch his cheeks. I was indeed a year older than him.

He broke away from me again and being the nice best friend that I am, since I already know how pissed he was, I decided to push him a little more. "Fine, you don't like noona, how about you call me unnie?"

"Aish! Na Young, stop it." Now he's really pissed. "What's the matter with  you? What are you so pissed about? Hungry? Sleepy? I know you don't really want to go, but we talked about this already..."

"It's not that, okay? Just.... Just...Forget about it." he sighed. "Let it go? How can I let it go-" I was about to argue again when he started running towards the school gate. "Yah! Why are you runni- Oh my God! That's our bus!" I saw our school bus already filled with students and is driving away.

Hansol and I started running after it, luckily the driver saw us and stopped. As soon as we got in, all eyes were on us. 

 

 

If you're wondering if the bullying stopped, well it stopped completely, since one time as they were beating Hansol up I was accidentaly hit too. I was trying to stop them which lead to me being punched in the face, naturally my lights went out. Funny how I actually regained consciousness; I woke up to Hansol crying, scratch that, to Hansol wailing. He actually thought I died.

 

"I, Choi Hansol, will fight back for you. From now on, I won't let them or anyone hurt you. So wake up now, Seo Na young. Wake up please! I won't let them hurt you ever again. Wake up, I need you. Na Young!" he kept shouting at my face as he held me in his arms, it looked like a dramatic scene but to me it was pure comedy. If I were to die for real, he would probably be on my death bed screaming like that and I would probably get super annoyed at all the shouting and get my soul back on my body just to hit his head. "Babo...." I mumbled as I hit his head, which cause him to stop his shouting to the skies. "You screamed and wailed instead of brining me to the infirmary? Seriously?" I laughed at his dumbfounded face. "You're... You're alive!" he hugged me and cried so more. See how dramatic this chic I have for a guy best friend is?

 

You're probably wondering how his screaming made the bullying stop, it was not his award winning crying scene that made them stop, no. Actually he did mean the fight back thing he said, so when I got knocked out, he just started hitting people. He never hit anyone before, but the first time he fought back he left two people bleeding terribly, one got a broken nose since he was hit with a bag filled with 10 books straight in the face three times or maybe more, Hansol wasn't counting. Then the other one, well he was a special kind of stupid, Hansol never got to hit him, but since he climbed the fence to escape two pitbull greeted him on the other side. So from then on, he was no longer bullied, he was feared. He was known as the bad boy, and me well I was labeled as the trophy girlfriend, even though I wasn't even his girlfriend for crying out loud! Everyone seems to think we're a couple, but trust me, I would never date Hansol. He's like my brother slash sister.

 

"You two can go sit at that back." said our teacher who was not very happy about us being late. "You know sitting at the back makes me dizzy as hell." Hansol whispered at me, this was actually his fault so he's gonna have to it up. "What? You want to seat on the driver's lap instead?" I sarcastically suggested, he just rolled his eyes at me. "I'm gonna sleep so don't move." he said as he sat down next to me and laid his head on my shoulder. "Do what you want, just don't throw up on me, or I'm gonna..... He's already sleeping. Great." Since I had no one to talk to I just stared out the window. I hate being quiet and having no one to talk to.

 

I was already about to fall asleep myself, when I heard Hansol ask me something but I wasn't sure what it was since he loves playing this game wherein he mumbles words only he can hear or understand. I asked him what it was but he just looked at me for a long time then went back to sleeping. "Fine, be like that." I said and rested my head on the window and slept throughout the whole ride.