Her Denial and His Acceptance

To Reject of Accept Her

 

When Tory got home Elsa went with her. Jo and Tama were both out dealing with school and the two sisters had gone over to the guys place. Tory was in her study looking out the large window. She was holding onto a pendant her grandmother had also given her when she was 10. It matched the one that LuHan now also had.

“Ate...” Elsa said from the entrance to the study.

“Yes Elsa...”

“Te don’t you think you should tell Kuya LuHan what Lola meant when she gave him the pendant.”

“Elsa how can I. The pendant is basically saying she wants us to get married and for LuHan to become the head of the family. Do you know what Mom will do to him.” She said and Elsa sighed. “Sa just look at who he is. I can’t...”

“But Ate...”

“I was stupid to even think I could possibly...”

“Te he went to our family. He fought with over half the men. Lola was right to give him the pendant. I wouldn’t want anyone to be with you if they couldn’t protect you. Kuya LuHan may be younger than you but...”

“Enough. Go to bed you’re going to start classes tomorrow.” Tory said and Elsa sighed but left the room.

Tory looked out her window at the night sky. She had to sigh when she thought over everything that had happened. Her Grandmother just threw a wrench in her plans. She wanted to get away. She wanted to start a new life away from the family. But her grandmother took the one thing she was praying to hold on to. She wanted LuHan. She wanted him to never have to deal with her family in the terms she had to. She had been able to get her Elsa out but had pulled LuHan into it. It was a worse outcome than she had thought could happen. Her body gave out on her and she fell to her knees. It was a good thing that the study was sound proof now. No one in the house would have heard her fall. But she wasn’t surprised when the door opened and she was lifted off the ground.

“Tory you need to stop.” She closed her eyes. “I can’t help you if you don’t. I’m constantly trying to protect you but you’re running in different directions once I catch up to you.” She was taken to her bedroom and once inside gentle hands helped her change and then placed her into bed. “My answer was loud and clear. So don’t push yourself anymore.” She drifted to sleep with that.

 

LuHan sighed as he walked out of her room. He leaned on the door and looked at his mother and father who were with him. “LuHan do you know who Tory is?” His father said and LuHan sighed.

“I do, she’s Victory Lee of the Lee clan. The next leader. She’s the granddaughter to Gandma’s best friend.” He said and lifted his head. “She is the Jeijei that had protected me so many times as a child. How can I not remember her? How can I not want to protect her and keep her by my side.” His mother smiled at him.

“As long as you know what you are getting yourself into.” His father said and then headed for the front door. “I will accept her siblings into our family as your mother has asked. But it’s your choice on what you want to do. You take over our Clan when the time comes.” He said left the house.


“Don’t think about it too much Xiao Lu. You’re father was happy to know who she really was. When we did the background check you should have seen his face. Anyway stay here for the night. I don’t think she remembers that you are that little child she cared for so many years ago.” She said with a sad smile. “You remember that incident when you were 12. We didn’t know she survived. Now that we know she did. We’re worried how her mind reacted. So take it slowly Lu.” She said and then left the house as well.