Understanding

To Reject of Accept Her

 

Once Tory stopped coughing she leaned her head onto Mrs. Lu’s knee. “It’s been years. I knew my siblings were having trouble with my birth mother. I try my best to help them. But I can’t get them out. My cousins have to follow what the family wants and see what happens.” She whispered, “I’m tired of constantly fighting and holding back. I’m tried of what I have to be.”

“Tory I know that I shouldn’t into your family life...but you are part of my son’s life. You’re part of my family now. I don’t want to see you like this. My husband and I are accepting you wholeheartedly. Just please take care of yourself. If you coming into our family brings your younger siblings as well please bring them. If they are in a place that is unsafe I will take them in as my own. And Tory, LuHan isn’t just a pretty face. He will protect you if you give him the chance.” Mrs. Lu said cleaning Tory’s face with a cool wet cloth.

When Mrs Lu came out of the bathroom Elsa was waiting by the door. She smiled at the young girl and hugged her. “You’re Elsa right.” The younger nodded. “Call me Mama Lu from now on.” She said and Elsa relaxed in the woman’s hold. “LuLu come and meet your new meimei.” She said and LuHan and the guys looked at her in the hallway. Tory came out of the bathroom then. She leaned on the door frame and smiled at how much more relaxed Elsa looked in LuHan’s mothers arms then she had in their own mothers.

Tory went to the bedroom and closed the door. She sat on the bed and waited. Within minutes it opened again and LuHan came in. He closed the door behind him and locked it.

“I just want to know one thing.” She said not looking at him. “After what you saw me do, after the trouble you know comes within my family. Are you willing to still put up with me as more than your manager, your noona, your chingu, your...” She could already feel tears coming down her face. “Because if  you can’t please just get out of the room and let me be.” She said and when there was no answer she sighed. She knew it would turn out like this. It always did. None of her ex’s could handle her family. She closed her eyes and covered her face since she couldn’t stop the tears. The stress was just too much now.

LuHan was shocked to see her break down like she had. He could see that her body was starting to shake. He couldn’t say anything so he did the next best thing he could think off. He knelt down in front of her and hugged her. It didn’t last long where he laid her down on the bed and held onto her. He kissed her forehead and rubbed her back. “Tory... I didn’t fall for your family. I didn’t fall for your physical abilities. I didn’t fall for your looks. I fell in love with your personality. For who you are.” He whispered to her and made her look at him. He kissed her deeply and held her close.

 

When he came out of the bedroom his mom was sitting in the living room with Elsa. The young girl had drifted back to sleep with her head on his mothers lap. “Is noona sleeping?” SeHun asked from sitting on the ground with his back against the sofa and Elsa had her arm resting over his shoulder keeping a hold on him.

“Yeah she is.” LuHan said and looked at his mom. “Ma...”

“I know Lu. Do what you have to do.” The woman said and LuHan picked up his backpack and walked out of the apartment. The other members just looked at Mama Lu. “He’ll be back in a few hours boys.” She said and petted Elsa's hair.