01.

⚜ You Foolish Girl

 


“So, I have to go live on Earth with those humans to earn my wings?” Miyoung asked her Father who gracefully walked down the steps from his heavenly throne.  “My dear daughter that is all you have to do.” He gave her a genuine smile and patted her head softly.  “Great! I’ll be back in no time then, right?” She twirled to follow her father out of the chapel, her white dress flowing with the light breeze.  She smiled and skipped down the steps of the chapel staircase.  “My dear child, it is not that simple.  Go, go and do your good deeds, and don’t worry about doing what has to be done just to earn your wings.”

Miyoung pouted and puffed her bangs aside.  “Why can’t you just—” Her Father turned around and held his hand out to the direction of the gate in which she was supposed to walk out of.  “Miyoung, you know what you have to do.  We’ll all be waiting your return.”  He said and placed and soft kiss on her forehead, “Remember the rules now, Miyoung.  You will be tested, tempted, but don’t give in, your wings can be easily lost.”  He her cheeks as she nodded with determination, “Yes, Father, I understand.”  She whispered as she turned and started walking down towards the gate to Earth.

The angels opened up the door for her, “Once you step out of these gates, don’t turn back.”  They warned her as she nodded, “Yes, I remember.”  She whispered frightened.  “We’ll be waiting your return, Miyoung-ah.”  They said in unison as she nodded her head slightly, “Thank you.”  She stepped out of the gates of heaven and started walking towards down the long pathway.

She walked down a long white staircase floating in air.  At the end, she noticed an arch decorated with flowers of all kinds.  She sighed, “This is it…” She mumbled as she closed her eyes and walked through the arch.


It’s been some time since she’s been in heaven.  Days turned into weeks, and before she knew it, she’s been here for a month and a half, helping those who needed it, but never having the feeling of her wings sprouting. 

“Oh! Miyoung, you’re here again.” The man smiled at her before she slowly nodded her head, “De, I’m back.  Do you need help with anything?” She asked him before he nodded, “Of course! I can always use some help around here.  Wait here,” He said and dashed to the back of his store.  He returned with packages in his arms, “I need these delivered to the addresses.” He said handing them over.  “I’ll see you late then!?” He waved to her and quickly walked back inside.  Miyoung’s smile faded as she looked at her hands occupied with these items.  “Well, I’m helping him…” She muttered and began walking down the empty block. 

“You foolish girl.” 

Miyoung came to a stop.  She looked around before she heard a low chuckled behind her.  She turned around and was startled when she saw a handsome man standing meters away from her.  He had jeans and a simple white V-neck t-shirt; his dark hair was nicely pushed back.  He gave her a smirk and walked towards her, “Foolish, foolish girl.”  He said again which cause Miyoung to furrow her eyebrows, “come again?”

“What you are doing is not helping.  You’re not helping him with anything.  He’s ripping you off.  Don’t you see it?  He’s using you knowing you’re naïve and innocent, knowing that you won’t ask for money.”  He chuckled coldly bringing a shiver down her spine.  Miyoung stepped back as he stepped in front of her.  “What-yeah-soo, it’s okay…” Her voice became quiet as she took another step back.  “I—I have to get going…” She said as confusing thoughts and thousands of questioned filled her mind. 

He reached out and grabbed her arm to turn her around again, his touch as cold as his voice.  She flinched and stumbled backwards about to fall when the man swiftly reached out and pulled her forward.  She gasped aloud, her heart beating quickly from the incident.  “Clumsy…” She heard him muttered before she straightened herself.  She hugged the packaged items closer to her.  “I’ll—thank you,” She bowed her head slightly, “I’ll be taking my leave.” She said turning and quickly walking away.

“And yet you’ll still do as he says?” He stated before she stopped once again.  She heard his heavy footsteps and felt herself getting cold suddenly as he stepped up next to her. “You know he’s using you, and yet you still run his errands.” He stated.  She avoided eye contact with this stranger and stared at the ground as the man looked down upon her.  He surprised her by taking the bags from her arms and then continued to walk forward.  “Wai-what?—hey!” She was lost for words as she took many small steps trying to keep up with his large steps.   “What are you doing!?” She cried trying to take the packages from his arms.  He didn’t turn to look at her, “I’m just helping you out, foolish girl.  This is your last errand for him.”  He stated, “What are the addresses?”


After all the packages were delivered, Miyoung slowly made her way back to an abandoned house.  She turned around and sighed, “Why are you still following me?” She questioned as the man shrugged, “You’re interesting…”  Miyoung puffed her bangs aside, and turned around to start walking again.  The night was quickly coming, and the winds gradually picked up.  “Where are you going?” The man asked her.

She sighed, my temporary “home…” she muttered quietly before the man shouted, “Come stay with me.”  Those words warmed her unexpectedly.  She turned around and beamed, “Yes, please? Can-May I?”  She questioned as the man only chuckled, “So quick to answer to a stranger…”  She hugged herself from the wind that brushed her bare arms, “I’m Miyoung, you?” She asked quickly walking back to him.  Just knowing know that she has a decent place to stay made her giddy inside.  The tall man smirked, “Sehun.”

She nodded her head, “See. No longer strangers.” She stated, “…Um, can we go now?  I’m a bit cold.”  She asked softly before the man started walking in the opposite direction.  “Don’t you have anything else to wear?”  He said harshly as she tried to keep up with him.  “N-no, not really…” She muttered ashamed, “I don’t have anything else to wear.”  She added softly as she turned her head away.  “Foolish girl, that’s why you smell so bad,” he teased.

Miyoung abruptly came to a stop.  “Why are you so cold!?” She questioned as Sehun slowly turned around, “…cold?” He chuckled amused, “It’s in my nature.”  He said as his smirk faded away.  Miyoung suddenly got shivers as she looked at the man before her.  She took a deep breath in, “It’s in no one’s nature to be this cruel; it’s all purely by choice.  Even demons have a heart.”  She blurted.  Sehun burst into a scary laughter, “And you know this for a fact?” He challenged her before she felt small, belittled, frightened, “Well, I-I would like to think so…”

Sehun smiled a bit, “Come, I’ll take you home.”  He said and reached his hand out to her.  She darted her eyes to his hand and his eyes before hesitantly grabbing it.

Foolish girl.


Weeks turned into months with Sehun.  When he took her to his apartment that night she made it clear that changing him is what it’ll take to earn her wings.  So she stayed with him, dealt with his tantrums and tolerated his angry outbursts.  She picked up his habit and quickly learned how to live with him, but never was she able to change him, not even a bit.  Even the littlest things she wasn’t able to change. 

“Why have you been looking so down lately?” He questioned her as he noticed her staring out of the window into the gloomy April sky.  “And you care because?” She whispered thinking he wouldn’t hear her.  “I don’t.” Sehun replied, “Just wondering."  He stated before he walked to the door, “I’ll be back later.”  He said slamming the door shut.  Miyoung sighed and continued looking out the window, “I’m going to end up here forever.” She said softly as tears left her eyes.  Moments later rain drops streamed down the glass window.

Her heart quenched as he said those painful words and slammed the door.  I should’ve known better than to fall for some heartless human.  Angels warned her themselves about the act of a human.  They told her to get the job done and receive her good deeds quickly so that she may return to them, return home.  Humans were no good, that’s why all the angels dreaded coming to Earth to receive their wings.  This place her Father created had changed from when he first created it.  Violence polluted the land, and heartless people like Sehun were born.

Maybe Sehun was just one man who couldn’t be changed.  Maybe he was the black sheep in her Father’s flock.  No matter how much she tries, she wouldn’t be able to change him, and she knows it.  She stood up, “Maybe it’s my time to leave…I might as well go find something else to do than stay around here.”  She wiped the tears but they came endlessly.  She walked into Sehun’s room and grabbed a sweater, you have many more, taking one won’t do much harm… She thought as she pulled the hood over her head and walked out of the apartment doors.


Sehun walked out of the apartment, reminding himself to slam the door.  It hurt to speak to be speaking to her like this, but it was for the better.  He didn’t want to fall for her.  A demon falling for an angel?  That was unheard of.  He sighed heavily and ran his fingers in his hair.  The way she looked out into the sky made him sad, angry.  He wouldn’t be able to give her what she needed.  Because what she needed, he needed too.

“Foolish boy.”

Sehun stopped walking.  The cold voice echoed behind him.  He adjusted his cap to block the rain from hitting his eyes as he turned around.  “Jongin.”  He greeted in a low threatening voice.  The other man chuckled, “Father doesn’t want to wait any longer.  He sends me to tell you to hurry and take the angel’s wings.” He warned.  Sehun swallowed hard.  “You know the consequences for not doing so.  Plus,” Jongin continued, “She’s only here for her wings, and once she gets them she’ll be out of your life.”  He paused to let it sink it, “So why wait for her to break your little heart when—”

Sehun growled, “Why would I fall for a worthless, clumsy angel like her.” He asked as Jongin only grinned evilly, “Yes, Sehun…why would you?”  He smirked, “I guess you know what you have to do then.” He said before snapping his fingers and disappearing as the rain touched him.  Sehun fixed the jacket tightly around his body and crossed his arms as started walking to no particular place. 


Miyoung aimlessly walked in the pouring rain.  She was drenched and her clothes became heavy.  She felt like giving up.  Nothing in the world, she thought, would be able to give her, her wings.  Maybe she should just learn to live like a human.  She sighed heavily as the wind blew her wet hair to her face.  She puffed and moved it away as she stepped off a curb on the sidewalk, falling to the ground.  She cried in pain as he knees scraped onto the hard ground.  She looked up into the sky and threw her hands in the air, “I’m giving up!” She shouted as the thunder roared.  Her head hung low and she sat in the puddle of water, with no motivation to move on.

Sehun looked up from the ground as the rain came down harder.  He was on his way back to the apartment when he saw a petite figure sitting in a puddle.  He sighed and shook his head debating whether he wanted to go help or not.  Within seconds he walked over.  His eyes squinted as he became familiarized with the sweater.  He picked up his pace and crossed the empty street, “Miyoung!” He shouted through the storm.  His chest quicken as he grasped her shoulders, “Miyoung!”

She looked up wearily, he eyes filled with sadness, emptiness.  She shrugged his arms away and he fell backwards, shocked at her sudden rebuke.  “Miyoung…” he said softly though she couldn’t hear.  She pushed him back against the ground and forced her fragile body up.  She was suddenly tired, and very weak.  Her vision blurred and she stumbled towards a building wall, leaning against it as she walked away, towards a small park for shelter.

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows.  He questioned what she was doing, where she was going.  He wanted to grabbed her and take her home, make her rest.  His chest ached seeing her like this.  He followed closely, down the sidewalk and into the park.  Rain whipped the side of his face, almost as if it was attacking him, and only him. 

Sehun’s eyes widened as Miyoung collapsed to the ground with a shrilling cry.  He watched in horror as her back arched up against the ground.  He stumbled forward unable to move himself.  Her screams of help filled the air as the thunder roared louder than before.  Lightning struck the trees in the background as she screamed out in agony.

Excruciating pain shot throughout Miyoung’s body.  Her back began to burn with so much intensity she thought she would die.  She heard a sick ripping effect behind her.  She felt as if she was being torn open.  Her cries lingered in the air as her body tossed and the wet ground.  She squeezed her eyes shut and her side, her body taking full control and crouching into a ball as she moaned in distress.

“Miyoung!”  She straightened at the call of her name, but did nothing more as her back began to arch on its own.  Her chest shot forward as her breath quickened.  The most beautiful white wings sprouted from her back as she cried out one last time.  She rolled onto her stomach as her wings unfolded themselves, proudly revealing its beauty.

Sehun’s eyes immediately turned dark.  The demon in him came out and with more power, he took a step forward.  Miyoung lifted herself up from the ground.  She stood on all fours, gasping, dizzy.  The heavy rain continued to fall as she pushed herself up.  Sehun lifted his leg up and kicked her back down.  She growled at the pain from her sensitive wings.  She blinked the water from her eyes and saw Sehun’s dark image standing before her. 

“Se-Sehun…” She gasped as she saw the difference in his eyes.  He reached out to her and grabbed her harshly, pulling her to her feet.  She stumbled around as knocked her back to the ground.  The side of her face hurt from the punch.  He stepped in front of her and knelt down, grabbing her shoulders and running his hand along her newly wings causing her to shutter.  A frightening smile showed up on his face and made Miyoung cringe.  “Sehun…?” She muttered before Sehun slapped her face. 

“Oh, stop fooling around…you foolish girl.” He spat.  Miyoung furrowed her eyebrows and sniffled.  There was something wrong with his voice.  Fight!  Sehun ran his hand down to the start of her wings, attached to her back.  He grasped it tightly as she flinched and scowled.  Fight!  A voice inside her head shouted to her as she swallowed hard, what’s going on…?  Why are you doing this?

Sehun smirked and began twisting off her wing, “You know why I’m doing this.” He answered her thoughts before everything started making sense.  He laughed as she cried out in agony, “It’s in my nature.”  Fight!  He smirked as Miyoung groaned in pain from the ripping of her wings.  Fight!

     “Remember the rules….”

All she had to do was accomplish her good deeds, and receive her wings.  Fight temptation and the worldly desires.

     “We’ll be waiting your return, Miyoung-ah.”

Her family and home played like a film in her mind.  Fight!  A voice commanded, but she couldn’t, not Sehun.  She felt a warm liquid streaming down her back.  Sehun laughed one more time.  The thunder rumbled as a sickening cry escaped Miyoung’s mouth.  Her left wing was barely attached.  With one last twist, Sehun pulled her wing off.

     “…your wings can be easily lost.”

She heard his disgusting laugh ring through her ears and she stumbled onto her feet.  Her breathing was quick and heavy, she looked back at the man meters away.  He held her wing in his hands; she wanted to return home.  The man—no, demon…she shook her head, she fell in love with a demon.  How could she be so stupid! So blind not to see it!  She swallowed hard as he walked towards her.  She couldn’t do it.  With a heart as pure as hers, she wasn’t able to take a life.  She knew what she had to do…wanted to do.

She fell on her hands waiting for him to grab her other wing.  Her Father warned her about these things, and yet she was too innocent to see.  His footsteps stopped behind her.  The rain continued to pour on them.  Her wings tore away his sweater from her body, and created slits in her thin shirt.  He grabbed her last wing as she did nothing to fight back.  He crouched down to her level as she turned her head to face him.  Her eyes soft, but filled with pain. 

“Take it…” She muttered through the thunder as the rain drops slid down her cheeks, mixed with salty tears.  Sehun only smirked, “Of course, foolish girl, I will.”  He replied back coldly.  She took a deep breath, even though the thunder roared, they were able to hear each other so clearly.  “Forgive me, Father.” She muttered as she suddenly shifted her body and cupped Sehun’s cheeks.  She saw something flicker in his eyes before darkness took over again.  He gripped hard on her wing and pushed her to the ground as he quickly twisted the wing and pulled it off of her back. 

Her cries rang throughout the park, shrilling, frightening, cries.  She fell to the ground and turned slowly to see Sehun towering over her, her wings now gone from his hands.  He had wings of his own; dark, black and outstretched, showing off its exquisiteness.  Though the rain poured, the moonlight faintly touched his wings, showing the silvery-blue effects.  Of course… she thought as she pushed herself up from the ground.  For a demon to receive his wings, he has to take from an angel.  He knew she was an angel all along which only made her feel more worthless, pathetic to not be able to tell he was a demon.

He was a demon, and forever will be.  She was now just a foolish girl.  She got to her feet and calmed her breathing down, “Sehun…” She spoke his name with a gentle softness.  “You’re happy?”  She sighed as she pushed her wet bangs aside to get a better view of him.  She swallowed.  There is no more need to be crying.  She told herself, what has been done is done, no more tears.  She told herself as she wiped the mixed tears and droplets from her cheeks. 

Immediately the rain came to a slowing stop.  Her clothes were muddy and drenched wet.  She was no longer the beautiful Miyoung heaven made her out to be.  She no longer felt loved.  Her whole world came crashing to an end as she faced the fact that she will no longer be allowed in heaven.  She gave everything up.  For what? Who? 

A demon.

“Happy?” Sehun nodded, “Very.”  Miyoung scoffed, “I knew it…” she muttered, “See, demons do have a heart, and even if you’re happy for doing something so horrible as this, you have emotions too.”  She said and turned around.  “I gave you so much, Sehun.” She whispered fighting her tears back.  “I gave up my everything.”

A quick vibration shook the ground.  Miyoung fell forward again and screamed from the top of her lungs as a sickening tear came from her back.  Bright lights surrounded her, blinding her, and she heard Sehun growl behind her.  Her breathing quickened and she closed her eyes, feeling tired, exhausted, suddenly.  “Miyoung!”

“Miyoung—”

“…Miyoung.”

Her body twitched and her eyes opened.  Whiteness was all around her; she blinked her eyes a couple times and noticed a familiar faces around her.  “Welcome home.”  Home…? She thought.  Her heavenly sisters and brothers nodded, “Home, Miyoung.  You’re home.”  She pushed herself off the bed and looked around to see her room.  She was back in heaven.  She shook her head, “no…this—I shouldn’t be—I don’t understand.” She gasped as her father walked towards her.  “Miyoung, what you did, sacrificing yourself for a demon, is unusual, but what you did earned your wings.”  He stated with a smile.  “You gave everything up for him even though you knew what the consequences were.” 

“B-But father, I don’t understand how I earned my wings in the first place.” She questioned with a shaky voice.  He only smiled and patted her head gently, “You will, my dear, you will.” He spoke with gentle words before walking out.  She stared back at the eyes of the other angels, her brothers and sisters.  “Wait—what?” She croaked before they chuckled, “Ahh, she’s back.”  They shook their heads and began to leave the room.  “Yah! I don’t get it!”  Miyoung pouted and jumped out of bed as she followed everyone out trying to get an answer.  She ran down the steps before tripping.

“You really are a foolish, clumsy angel.”

She came to a stop.  She looked up to see the other angels giving her a second look before following the Father away.  What said that?  That voice; Do I want to turn around? She asked herself before a cold voice answered her thoughts, “Maybe if you turned around you would be able to see who’s talking to you…instead of thinking those thoughts of yours…plus, I’d rather see your face and hear your voice instead of seeing the back of your head and hearing your thoughts.”

Her eyebrows furrowed as she turned around.  Her fist quenched shut, “What are you doing here?” She stated coldly as she stared back at the very man who took her wings from her.  He was coolly leaning against the wall with his arms crossed on his chest.  “What. Are. You. Doing. Here. Sehun.”  Something sparked up inside her and her wings emerged from her back, stretched out in a protective manner.

He walked towards her with gentle steps, “they’re more beautiful than the first one.”  Sehun stated softly as Miyoung stood her ground.  She flapped her wings hard and watched as Sehun stumbled backwards.  “My Father has a lot of explaining to do.” She muttered as she started walking away from him.  He quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her back, “Listen to me, will you?” He raised his voice a bit, frustrated, “You’ve lived with me for so long—you know how bad my temper is, Miyoung.  I just need you to—”

“Listen? Listen to what?  I gave you everything! Sad to say, I should’ve known better than to trust someone like you.  Someone who wouldn’t even change the smallest habits!  I wasted my time getting to know you.”  She spat back.  Soften your heart, my child.  She heard her father speak to her.  She straightened and fixed her dress.  She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again, “I don’t need to hear anything from you.”  She told him before turning on her heels and walking away.

“…Do you really think your father would let me enter the gates of heaven if I didn’t have anything worth saying to you?”  Sehun shouted from behind.  She groaned as if she were in pain.  What do you want?  She asked before he answered her, “Turn around, Miyoung.  And talk to me! I don’t want to be hearing your thoughts.”  Miyoung rubbed her temples before turning around and facing him.  “Speak, demon.”  She spat and watched as Sehun flinched.

He stared at her for a moment before nodding his head, “So be it…” He muttered quietly before starting again.  “I’ll answer your question…the question no one else will answer.”  He told her as he slowly walked towards her, “Why you received your wings…” He responded quietly, “was because you changed me…and you gave everything up for me.  You sacrificed yourself, your wings, for me, a demon…you said it yourself, Miyoung” A sudden chill ran down her spine as he spoke those words.  She caught him smile faintly, “And you made me fall for you—”

“-No.”  She shook her head, “No—don’t start.”  She muttered as her wings protected her again.  “A demon falling for an angel…” She scoffed, “that’s unheard of.” She stated before Sehun took a step in front of her, “…So is an angel falling for a demon.”  He whispered softly making Miyoung shiver, and melting her heart.  Her knees wobbled and butterflies flew in her stomach.  “I-what-no—” She was lost for words, how am I supposed to respond…?

“—with whatever’s on your mind, Miyoung.” Sehun answered her with a heart throbbing reply.  She shook her head, “n-no-no…” She hesitated.  “Miyoung, I think I just might be in love with you…” Sehun muttered quietly as he touched the tips of her silky black hair.  She slapped his hands away, causing her heart to twist in pain.  “Think?”  She blurted before Sehun’s eyes widened, “No! I didn’t mean—no—I didn’t want to say that—”

“Stop with your words.”  Miyoung spat as she dug her nails into her skin.  “Don’t be scared…” Sehun muttered unexpectedly as she shook her head, “I’m—I’m not.”  She stated stubbornly.  Sehun brushed his dark hair back and smiled, “You’re shaking.  You did that a lot when we were living together…every time my anger would get out of hand.”  He suddenly covered his hand around hers, “and don’t hurt yourself…stop trying to hide your feelings.”  Sehun spoke softly, gently.  Miyoung tried slipping her hands away, but he wouldn’t let her.  “You tend to dig your nails in your skin when you’re hiding your feelings…” He chuckled gently, “another thing I learned about you.”

“Demon, your time here is running short.”  An angel said behind her as Sehun’s eyes changed, “Of course it is…”  He replied quietly.  “Miyoung, just tell me.”  He pleaded, “Tell me your feelings…”  He begged her as she stared back at him blankly, “Feelings?  What feelings?”  She responded.  Heartbroken, Sehun let his hands slip away from hers.  A dark portal started growing behind him, “We could’ve been together…” He muttered.  Confused, Miyoung stepped forward as Sehun stepped back, one leg inside the dark gateway.  “Wh-what do you mean?” She quickly asked as Sehun shook his head, “Never mind, Miyoung…”  He said softly.  His heart ached for her, and will forever ache for her. 

The darkness started engulfing him from toe up.  Miyoung shook her head, frightened, “No! Tell me!” She pleaded, now.  Her mind wasn’t in control anymore.  She didn’t want to admit it, but her chest ached seeing him being taken over by the darkness.  But it had to be—right?

No.

She cupped his cheeks as the darkness covered his torso.  She leaned in and kissed his lips, softly, gently.  Her muscles relaxed as he responded back, kissing her tenderly, different than what she would have ever imagined from a demon.  He pulled back as she whispered, “Don’t—Sehun—I-I love you, too.”  She whispered quickly, her breath hitting his lips.  He gave her a genuine smile before he reached out to touch her cheeks and disappearing.

Her heart shattered as she collapsed to the ground.

“Do you know what would have happened if you said that too late?”

She suddenly heard behind her, that familiar cold, yet soft voice.

“…You foolish, foolish girl.”


YAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Lol xD That's it. :)) Hahahaaa, did you guys like it? No? Urgh--I wanted to try fantasy, but maybe next time.

Lol, Luhan's burrdayy--I'll probably write him something, heads up. Maybe, idk.urgh--kay, I'll stop now.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--Miyoung:))