Third Part

Parents' Night Out

 

Soon, the family except the parents—and Changmin were sitting around the dining table. All of them looked eager, because Hangeng’s cooking for the night with the help of little Wookie which could only meant one thing: Beijing Fried Rice with fried chicken. The whole house was thrilled when they first heard that Hangeng would be collaborating with Ryeowook for a dish, even Youngwoon and Jungsoo. The result, which is the said dish successfully made them taste what Siwon had said ‘heaven’.

Moments later, little chef Ryeowook walked out of the kitchen and served bits of fried chicken for them to add according to their appetite, followed by Hangeng whom was holding a pot, inside it was a lot amount of fried rice. He high-fived with his co-chef and decided the ones who would be doing the dishes,

“Let’s see.. Shen Dong and En He! You guys would be doing the dishes. You could help if you want, Dong Hai.”

Hearing his hyung called him by his chinese name, the one doubted as East Sea giggled. For some reasons the oldest chinese kept on mispronouncing their names except for Heechul so he used their pinyin names. Meanwhile, Hyukjae groaned about his pair. As cute as his best friend could be, he never seemed to make things easier, except dancing. And Donghee whom was also assigned on the other hand was okay, that meant more time staring out the window, looking for his Nari. Donghee never made any actual move to get her attention, not in the house, nor in school. He was practically okay being Nari’s loyal stalker whom she never noticed. Little did he know..

Back at the table, albeit enjoying the dish, Siwon peeked what Heechul was texting on his phone, the sparkly tiara was still on his head. The eldest hyung was sitting right next to his right, Kibum on his left. Soon, the golden boy discovered that his hyung was actually tweeting, he saw what his hyung has tweeted,

‘tweeting while having dinner, beijing fried rice yo #yolo’

Siwon frowned, “Hyung, I think you’ve mispelled #sohardcore

“No guys,” from the other side of the table, Zhoumi spoke. Apparently he, too, was checking twitter. “It’s definitely #yolo

“Everyone! No phones while eating!” shrieked Ryeowook, umma’s ace successor.

The three dejectedly hid their phones, “yes, Wookie.” Ryeowook smiled and moved closer to Jongwoon. Meanwhile, Changmin turned to his best friend, ‘really?’ he mouthed, an eyebrow raised. The other gamer shrugged as he whispered, ‘‘two years with these people, I got used to it.’’ Changmin shook his head.

 


 

In the middle of their fancy dinner, Youngwoon’s phone buzzed. He checked the caller’s ID, and mumbled a ‘why is he calling’ before he answered. Jungsoo on the other hand stared curiously.

“Youngwoon! Where are you? Have you seen Changmin? He’s missing and I’m worried as hell and DON’T ever think of calming me down because THIS momma won’t calm the fudge out before he finds his maknae!”

By now, Jungsoo thought that Youngwoon’s face really resembled a raccoon caught stealing food. He coughed, trying to stiffle his unique laugh. Meanwhile, his husband was at loss of words to say, contrast to his usual talkative self. Then again, the situation somehow reminded Jungsoo of when that one time Youngwoon accidentally saw Jungsoo in drag because of the stupid contest. He got to admit that the lost look on Youngwoon’s face had been priceless.

“Uh..”

“Is it Jaejoong?” asked the older, still trying to hide his smile. Seeing the raccoon nod, he giggled and reached for the phone which Youngwoon hesitatingly gave with wide eyes.

Jungsoo held the phone to his ear and chirped, “Hi Jaejoong~!”

“JUNGSOO!” came the loud reply. Youngwoon winced, imagining how painful his lover’s ear might be right now. Because even he heard the shrill call. “Don’t go all BFFs with me now because My. Maknae. Is. Freakin’. MISSING!”

“Oh.. Oh dear.. How come?”

“I DON’T KNOW! He was just there then when I was to about to go upstairs with Yunho and when I decided to check on him again, he’s gone!” wailed Jaejoong on the phone. Now it was Jungsoo’s turn to cringe. “Have you seen him?”

Suddenly he heard the sound of a door being opened, and the next thing he heard is the loud banging sound as if Jaejoong dropped the phone. Soon a shriek could be heard, Jungsoo plugged his earphones onto the phone and offered a piece to Youngwoon. The pair now looked like idiots crouching to their foods.

“Changminnie, where have you been?! Umma have been so worried! Changmin answer me!”

“Umma.. h-hug-too-tight..”

“Jae, release him. I think he’s blue now.”

“Okay, Yun..”

“...... Umma, I just got lost! I was minding my own business taking a walk in the park when these huge guys went past me like.. like.. buffalos! After that I’m at lost what to do.. I didn’t know the streets so I started asking people around..” Jungsoo was sure that the kid was practically clutching his best friend’s leg with a kicked-puppy expression by now.

“Omo, poor baby! Let umma make you something for your dinner now. Okay? Go sit with appa.”

“Thankyou, umma!”

Thumping sounds.. most likely to be Jaejoong’s steps away from the room.

“.. You didn’t really get lost, did you?”

“Nope, just went to return Kyuhyunnie’s gameboy card, and I stayed for a couple of games and dinner.”

“That’s smart..”

“I’m a genius.”

“But you’ve cancelled..... Nothing.”

“What? What is it, appa?”

“Nothing, you’re too young for it.”

“Okay.. Is the phone still on?”

“..... Oh yeah I forgot.”

Yunho’s voice got closer and both Jungsoo and Youngwoon heard the sound of the phone being picked up. Jungsoo stared at his lover as Youngwoon spoke with an indifferent expression, “You do notice that my husband and I just witnessed a part of your everyday life, do you?”

“Oh bleh you, Youngwoon. I’m sure Kyuhyun’s ten times worse than my youngest son,” followed by a protest from Changmin from the background.

The other college buddy rolled his eyes, “Of course, so you have to be sorry for me. See you at Saturday night?”

“Yea- see you.” And then he hung up. Youngwoon then stared back at Jungsoo, eyes showing irritation which reminded Jungsoo about Heechul on Monday mornings when school starts. People would sure question if the kids were really adopted, so many of their behaviours and looks resemble him and his husband.

“Are we really that gullible about Kyuhyun?” asked Youngwoon after a few seconds. Jungsoo just blinked, suddenly scenes and scenes of Kyuhyun’s fail attempts of being cute rolled on their minds.

Both nodded as they decided, “Nope.”

 


 

‘Minnie hyung, can you make more of these?” a sheepish Kyuhyun asked as he handed Sungmin a plate of what used to be cookies.

He really enjoyed them, and so as the rest of the family. But Ryeowook had told them that too much sugar is a no-no so they had to stop eating. They didn’t want another accident with a hyper EunHae to happen again. Kyuhyun on the other hand was never the one to listen to the elders. So here he was asking his hyung to bake more. Because, if he had more then he would be able to eat them just with his hyung.

Meanwhile Sungmin thought hard. “Only if Kyuhyunnie would help me,” he then stated.

“But hyung! What if I switched the sugar with salt again? Or changed flour with milk powder?” protested the almost maknae.

“Don’t be silly,” Sungmin smiled. “We’re baking from my Easy-Bake oven, the ingredients provided are the only ones we need. You won’t even burn my room!”

Kyuhyun then agreed, besides, he won’t get this awesome chance to spend time with his minnie hyung tomorrow night, will he? He never gets to stay up this late when umma is around(“You’re the second youngest, Kyuhyun-ah. You have to get your sleep!”)

So wasting no more time, he tried to bake the cookies.

Was that salt?

...

Ah fudge it, I’ll deal with it later.

“CHO FREAKING KYUHYUN! In the name of bunnies, why are these cookies so salty?!” Sungmin shrieked using Kyuhyun’s real family name after he took a bit of the cursed treats minutes later. His face scrunched up in the cutest way possible. If Youngwoon appa is here he would’ve glomped Sungmin already. Meanwhile, the Cho was horrified. “I’m so sorry minnie hyung! I’ll make it up to you!”

Sungmin then posed as if he’s thinking hard(again, cuteness overload), “Okay, you have to take my punishment.” The younger nodded, “What is it?”

“You have to sleep with me tonight!” and Kyuhyun couldn’t have been any happier.

 


 

... Have I ever told you guys that this story was a one-shot at first?
Yeah, this'll end in a couple chapters.. So sorry about that T_T
Anyways, have a virtual hug from bunny Sungmin for those who are reading this, comments are always appreciated! See you again soon~