First Part

Parents' Night Out

 

He took a look around his vicinity, the Lee brothers--Sungmin, Hyukjae, and Donghae’s room. Currently, almost all of his children were staying happily at said place. He smiled, what a family. If he had been asked about children ten years ago, he wouldn’t have thought that he’d end up with these people, and his husband. That’s right, husband. It was a shock when he first found out that those curves and long hair doesn’t attract him. He’d been very disgusted with what he had become, but learned to live with it after he met him. Until this day, just the mention of his name makes his heart beat a little faster. Kim Youngwoon.

Said name’s head popped up behind the door a minute after he checked a scream little Wookie had let out because Kkoming, Jongwoon’s newly bought dog, bit Kiki’s leg, Wookie’s favorite giraffe plushy. Thank god he didn’t cry.

Back to current situation, Youngwoon smiled as he watched his husband took care of their adopted children.

“You ready, Jungsoo? I assume you are.” The family’s mother figure smiled weakly, he then checked his children one last time.

Starting from the oldest, Heechul at age 15, was texting on Sungmin’s bed, probably with his school friend, Lee Hongki. While the bed owner was happily playing tea party on the floor next to the bed with his bunny plushies. The family’s oldest chinese kid, Hangeng--or Hankyung, was listening to an animatedly talking Siwon about what had happened while he was praying at church. Jongwoon was trying hard to train his dog, which had released Kiki’s leg. Little Wookie—or Ryeowook watched them curiously. Donghee was staring out the window, much likely to stare at the neighbor’s oldest daughter, Jung Nari.

Jungsoo could hear the HyukHae pair running at the hallways, Hyukjae and Donghae.  Hyukjae’s high giggle roamed through, followed by a protesting yelp from Youngwoon. He giggled too but then stopped because he felt a tug on his pants, he looked down only to find Kibum holding to his pants, probably asking for attention. Jungsoo smiled tenderly, Kibum’s never the one to talk much(that’s Heechul anyways), he leaned and smelled the boy’s hair, receiving the boy’s killer smile in return as the boy walked away and sat next to Siwon. He then continued his observation.

Next on the list, second from youngest, Kyuhyun was seriously playing his gameboy beside Sungmin on the floor, not really paying any actual attention to his surroundings. Next to them was the other two of the family’s chinese children, Zhoumi and the youngest, baby Henry, only one and a half year old, with the older tickling the younger’s feet.

Jungsoo sighed as he walked to the door way, Youngwoon’s arm around his waist.

 


 

They had no intentions to adopt thirteen children. After they had finished their military services, after several denies because or their uality, they finally found a willing orphanage. At first they only wanted to adopt Henry. But because of Jungsoo’s nosy nature, they had been told that the orphanage was going to be demolished, the remaining twelve children’s future were supposed to be in the streets.

His motherly heart wouldn’t let it, and their house has got too many rooms for their liking, Youngwoon has a steady job and they were economically rich, thanks to the business Jungsoo inherited from his parents. They soon brought the bright children to the very house.  And now Jungsoo thought that he and Youngwoon had created a strong bond between the kids and themselves. No matter how many kids they have, there’s no problem with sharing affections.

But especially himself, since he’s the family’s mother figure.

“Jungsoo, you sure you want to go tonight? You look very.. Reluctant. I could cancel the reservation, you know,” asked Youngwoon, making the older turned his attention.

Said name smiled, “No, I want to go with you.” He freed himself from the backhug and grabbed his phone. “It’s been a while, and I’m sure we need some time alone.”

Youngwoon smiled back, sometimes his husband pays attention to everything, except himself.

“Alright then.”

Jungsoo walked into the Lees’ bedroom again, “Kids, we’re leaving! Heechul, as I said I’m counting on you to take care of your brothers.”

“Yes umma,” answered Heechul nonchalantly. Still paying legit attention to the phonescreen.

Said umma nodded, although Heechul seemed to take  his command as nothing, he knew that the beauteous boy took what he said seriously. But just to make sure..

“Hankyung-ah, I need you to help Heechul with some of your brothers, can you?” Jungsoo got a salute in return, he nodded with a smile.

After exchanging bye’s and ‘I love you’s with the thirteen sunshines, Youngwoon and Jungsoo entered the car. Youngwoon noticed his husband expression, he gave him an assuring smile as he squeezed the older’s hand, “They’ll be okay,” he murmured. After seeing Jungsoo’s real smile, they took off to a fancy restaurant Youngwoon had heard from his neighbor and college buddy, Yunho.

 


 

“Yo, fish! East Sea!” Heechul called, using his infamous engrish. “You’re not wearing your pants right, fix ‘em in the next room, will you?”

Donghae looked down his pants and smiled sheepishly, “hehe, alrighty, Heesica hyung! Hyukkie, accompany meeeee!” And with that, poor Hyukjae had been dragged to Jongwoon’s room. They wouldn’t dare to go to Heechul and Hangeng’s room, the last time they did, somebody opened Pandora’s box.

Heechul nodded and looked down his phone when he felt it vibrate. He groaned after seeing what Hongki has texted him,

“Aish seriously! Hankyung-ah, we’re not going to the bowling alley on Sunday! Hongki’s on a roadtrip.”

Meanwhile, the chinese kid could only yelp a ‘too bad, Heenim!’ as he chased baby Henry down the hall. The maknae had stolen another set of his underwears(“Seriously, what’s so special about them?!” shrieked Hangeng after he heard the report from Zhoumi) from his gege’s drawer and flagged it as he ran, albeit almost falling at times. The toddler sure could run fast, it’s been the third lap they’ve chased.

 


 

“Kkoming, sit,” commanded Jongwoon seriously, he then stood up, and sat again, pointing to his bums. “Sit! Like this!”

The dog tittled her head. Ryeowook giggled, clutching his plushy, but then stopped because he remembered this scene he’d seen from a disney cartoon where Mickey used hand gestures to make Pluto do as he says. He then tried to gain Jongwoon’s attention, “Hyung!”

Jongwoon went to him, “What is it, Wookie?”

“Use.. h-hand gestures!” he flailed the air around him.

The older’s eyes widened, “like Siwon?” Answered by an eager nod from the giraffe loving boy, Jongwoon then stared at his dog seriously, he lift his hand not too high, and dropped it a few centimeters as he commanded the animal to sit.

And Kkoming did seat.

Jongwoon gaped.

He then turned again to his Wookie to hug him and pecked the younger’s cheek, unknowingly making him blush, “Thankyou Ryeowookieeee!”

“You’re welcome, hyung,” answered Ryeowook with pink cheeks.

 


 

This was originally a oneshot, but I figured that it might be too long if I just post the whole thing. So, I may be updating the rest tomorrow. Thank you for reading, and comments are appreciated! See you~