Unspoken Feelings

DYMA'S MAIDEN

 

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║▌║ One shots by QueenLJ

 

4 years ago...

 

 

I was the class nerd.

 

You were the popular one.

 

I was bullied everyday.

 

You were worshipped by everyone.

 

I was hated.

 

You were loved.

 

 

We are far from each other. There's a thick wall between you and me. There's so much difference. But it didn't matter...

 

...because we shared something...

 

We both have a golden heart.

 

 

Mabait ka. And I guess I can say that I am too.

 

I was tripped by a school bully before... but you came to the rescue. You held my hand, brought me up... and smiled. That smile. It was genuine. You never faked.

 

"Guys... Isn't it rude to trip a lady?" you asked them calmly.

 

I fixed my glasses. I was wondering if it was really you. It was impossible for someone like you to just go around and help bullied nerds--like me.

 

Yes, you are popular. I even took you for those cliche guys who knock other people down since they are popular and they can get what they want--because they are worshipped.

 

But dear, you are different--so much different from them. You held this certain fascination which I truly admired.

 

 

Since then... you managed to say hello whenever you and I cross paths. And I managed to smile at you as a response.

 

That didn't stop. You greeted me more often...

 

...So often that I got used to it.

 

I was thinking of something to repay you for the goodness you've rendered. But my mind was totally messed up and I don't know what to give. I am not that rich. And I'm sure as hell that you won't appreciate material stuffs. You have everything.

 

In the end, I made up my mind that I'll just talk to you and simply say thank you. No gifts, no cards, no anything--just a thank you. It's enough, or so I thought.

 

The following day.. I was walking in the same corridor where you saved me from the bullies. I smiled at the sight of you smiling.... at me.

 

You said hey.

 

I said hi.

 

You asked me if I had class. I replied no.

 

You just smiled at me and then you started to walk away.

 

But you stopped when I said thank you.

 

"Anytime" you said back.

 

Days passed. We had more than one interaction.

 

We shared a table at the canteen,

 

a book because you left yours,

 

a pencil because I broke mine,

 

an idea for an upcoming project.

 

As time went by, we shared the most intimate things.

 

I shared my fate. You shared your pain.

 

I was your confidante. You come to me especially when you had problems with your family--a problem that I never thought existed in your perfect little life. But I was wrong. You were in deep pain and you were hurt.

 

But I was there for you. We were there for each other.

 

We shared a lot of memories together. Too many that counting one to ten isn't enough.

 

We are happy in each other's company. You said that too.

 

But the real question came in to my mind...

 

What are we?

 

Bestfriends? Nah, it's something deeper. For me, it's more than that.

 

I love you. And I didn't have a hard time discovering it.

 

If there's one thing I hated about you...

 

I think it's your numbness. Manhid ka.

 

 

Until now, you still can't recognize my feelings for you. I was hungry for something else. Something more than our friendship. Something called love. But no... You still can't feel it. Even though you treated me like your girl--there was no commitment.

 

 

You didn't say you love me therefore I have nothing to hold on to.

 

 

"Charm, andito na si Dyma!"

 

I suddenly went back to my senses. Napatayo ako sa upuan and right then and there... I saw Dylan Marco Dirham entering the backstage door.

 

"Hey..." I managed to say

 

"So? Aren't you nervous? Malapit ka na oh." pang-aasar niya.

 

"Of course I am. Don't be a jerk. Cheer me instead."

 

"Ikaw pa, Charm. You can do it." I smiled. You did too.

 

"Thanks" I uttered and then I looked down. Preventing him to see my pale face turned scarlet.

 

"Charm... Five minutes baby! Get your here!" sigaw ng organizer.

 

Ugh. Heto na. Malapit na. Mag-coconfess ka na Charm, congrats! Ang lakas ng loob mo!

 

Kababaeng tao--magcoconfess? Well, I don't care. I love him and he needs to know that.

 

I stood up. You did too.

 

"Dylan... Pakinggan mong mabuti ah?" sabi ko

 

"Oo naman noh. Ikaw lang kaya pinunta ko dito kaya talagang pakikinggan ko."

 

I smiled again. Ugh. Charm, concentrate. You don't wanna fail now ha.

 

Dinala ko na yung pyesa ko.

 

"Go Charm! Ikaw na!" sigaw nung organizer sa'kin.

 

"Goodluck." you tapped my shoulder, waved, and then went to the seat I reserved just for you. I held the part where you touched me and smiled.

 

I carried my clearbook tightly, walked carefully--scared that I might trip again any second.

 

I sat at the foamed chair, grabbed the microphone and adjusted it.

 

I smiled first at the audience and then... to you.

 

"Dylan Marco.."

 

You were shocked when I mentioned your name.

 

But you still managed to listen.

 

"Everything about this song is just for you.."

 

It's now or never Charm.

 

I started playing. Feeling the music. Feeling you. Remembering everything we've been through for the past years.

 

You and me, we got along just fine

But deep inside I know there is more

Right next to you

I know you're the right one

Can't fight this feeling

I'm taking chances now

 

 

I looked at you. And you were looking at me back. I felt calmness. Hindi ako kinabahan. Ikaw ang nagsilbing source of strength ko sa mga past years na binubully ako at kinukutya ako ng mga tao. Napaka-bait mong tao.

 

Savior kita. Alam mo ba yun?

 

In my heart I feel that this is something real

I don't wanna let this moment go

 

 

I sang. At marami pang sumabay sa'kin sa pagkanta. I just can't help but smile.

 

Why oh why, do I feel this way?

When I'm with you I feel so alive

Why oh why, will I hide away?

I can't help it I'm FALLING IN LOVE.....

 

 

I said the last line like I meant it. And boy--did he looked so surprised.

 

Never ending nights when I'm alone with you

 

A lifetime of dreams coming true

 

Nothing comes close to what we have right now

 

You're the only one that matters now

 

In my heart I feel that this is something real

 

I don't wanna let this moment go

 

 

 

Why oh why, do I feel this way?

When I'm with you I feel so alive

Why oh why, will I hide away?

I can't help it I'm FALLING IN LOVE.....

 

 

The background changed--nagblur bigla. It was only you that I'm seeing. Nothing else mattered.

 

What if I fall in love?

 

What if I make you mine?

 

I wanna know if you'll be there by my side

 

 

I stared at you. Not minding if I was really performing the piece well. You stared back. And your eyes, parang nakiki-usap din. Ngumiti ka.

 

 

 

Why oh why, do I feel this way?

When I'm with you I feel so alive

Why oh why, will I hide away?

I can't help it I'm FALLING IN LOVE.....

 

 

And everything went to a complete stop..

 

You mouthed the words like it was the loudest and clearest thing I've ever heard...

 

 

 

"I love you too.."

 

- - -