And the abyss stares back

Trapped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I get an uneasy feeling and move closer to Tao without thinking about it.

Tao's voice is completely devoid of emotion. "No."

The little girls lets out a wail. I cover my ears trying to protect them from the high pitched noise.

"Please mister." The girl says her attention completely on Tao.

"No." He says with the same emotionless tone.

The little girl's head turns toward me. "You're pretty." She says to me. The hair on the back of my neck stands up.

"Pretty girl you'll help me right?" She asks.

Tao shoves me behind him. "No one is going to help you here. Get lost." He says coldly.

The little girls head slowly starts to move upwards.

I gasp in horror. Her eyes, they are completely black. I feel like I am staring into two tiny black holes.

"What's wrong?" She asks. Her tone is more sarcastic than anything else. Chills run down my spine.

"Get the out of here." Tao says. He takes a step toward the little girl.

She acts unfazed by this. "Won't you please help me?"

"No." I say it this time.

The little girls head whips toward me. "What did you say?" She asks innocently.

"I said no." I say to her. I glare at her. "Get out of here."

This apparently is the wrong move. She screams in rage.

This girl is making me angry. All I want to do is hit her and make her shut up.
I push Tao out of my way and do just that. I slap her across the face. Tao quickly pulls me back behind him.

The little girl goes silent immediately. An evil grins spreads across her face. "You shouldn’t have done that." She says in a singsong voice.

That's when things get really bad.

My ears are filled with the sound of cracking bones. Her body starts to change right before my eyes.

Tao grabs my hand and pulls me away from the girl as she transforms into some kind of monster.

I run as fast as I possibly can. "What the is that?" I ask.

"I don't know and I don't want to." He says. "We need to get to the generator."

He lets go of my hand. I keep up with him easily. Thank god I ran track in high school.
He leads me through a door and into a small maintenance area. It’s barely big enough to fit the both of us with all the boxes piled around.

Tao stops and shuts the door behind him. "Pile anything you can lift in front of the door." He says hastily.

I do as he tells me. I pile heavy boxes at the door. I don't think it will keep that thing out but it’s better than nothing at all.

I don't even know what I saw as we ran away. The little girl was turning into something else and it was huge.

"." Tao says diverting my thoughts back to the present.

"What?" I go over to him.

His hands are gripping his hair. "The ing generators are gone." He says.

All hope leaves my body. This is definitely where we will die. I have no fight left in me. I have been through so much and this is how it's going to end. Trapped in a maintenan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter