An angry sky bares the signs

Trapped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you insane?" I yell. Tao winces at the sound of my voice. "That's not even possible. How would we even know where to go?"

He sighs. "You're right. I didn't think about that." He sounds deflated.

I notice bruises starting to develop on his arms. He looks completely exhausted. "You should get some rest." I say. "We can talk about this when you feel better."

He shakes his head. "No, the longer we wait around the farther away that ships gets from Earth." He says sternly. "We need to act quickly."

I sigh. "Tao, I know you want to save your friends but you aren't thinking rationally right now." I say. He glares at me but I ignore it. "You need to rest and let your body heal before you do anything rash."

He nods and I help him to his feet. He must really be sore from whatever happened to him. Once he's on his feet he shakes me off and heads to his sleeping bag alone. I don't follow him, I have things I need to do.

Tao's plan was flawed but I have an idea. A damn dangerous one but we don't have many other options.

Thunder booms overhead shaking the whole store. I jump startled at the suddenness of the sound. I began to get a little scared. Before I was almost never in the store alone, now it seems as if me and Tao are the only two people left in the world. Maybe we really are.

I head to the sporting section of the store. If we really plan on going out there we are going to need weapons.

I see the case the Baekhyun smashed yesterday but as I approach I notice something different.

I stare at the empty case confused. Every single weapon is gone. Not one single weapon. I search around the area and find nothing at all. The others

must've taken them all. But why? They clearly won't need them, they have their own alien killing machines.

I head back towards the toy section. We can't go out there without weapons. It won’t be safe.

I don't know what to do as I wait for Tao to wake.

I quietly move towards his sleeping form. I don't want to be creepy and watch him sleep but when I look at him all rational thought leaves my mind.

When he is asleep there is no worry on his face at all, it's the first time I’ve seen him so worriless. I stare at him, his lips are slightly parted and I find myself staring at them.

I shake myself. What the hell are you doing Scarlet?

I turn around and get away from him as fast as I can. My heart is beating out of my chest. I seriously need to get a hold of myself.

I sit down in the dumb lawn chair and stare up at the ceiling. Thunder booms again, this time the whole building shakes violently as if there is an earthquake instead of just thunder.

Things fall off the shelves throughout the store making startling crashing sounds.

I take a deep breath and wait for the shaking to end.

It doesn't.

"Scarlet!" I hear Tao yell. I don't want to move out of the chair. The shaking seems to be getting worse.

"I'm over here!" I yell.

Tao somehow manages to make it over to me through the shaking.

The shaking stops suddenly but things get worse.

The lights go out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter