Your fate no longer in your hands

Trapped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I go into the kitchen with everyone else. Someone made food and I am starving. I stack my plate full and sit down at the table with the others to eat.

Suho glances at me. “Did you get Luhan to tell you anything?” He asks.

Kai scoffs loudly. I glare at him. “Actually yes. I need to talk to you later.” I try not to make it sound like a big deal.

Kai laughs. “You’ve got nothing.” He says.

I glare at him some more. He is acting like such a jerk.

Suho nods. “We’ll talk after then.” He says.

I finish eating faster than usual. I am really hungry today.

I clean up the dishes after everyone is done eating. I do it as fast as I can. I need to talk to Suho before Kai tells him anything. I want Suho to have a completely unbiased opinion of the situation.

I keep my eye on Kai and Suho, Kai doesn’t even seem to care though.

I finish up cleaning and go to Suho. “Can we talk now?” I ask.

He nods. “Let’s go upstairs.”

I follow him up the stairs and to the very end of the hallway. “What did you find?” He asks.

I tell him everything that happened from the beginning and then I tell him how I think someone is making Luhan act that way.

At first he just stares at me. I cringe waiting for him to tell me it’s stupid like Kai did.

He never does though.

He looks thoughtful.

“I think you’re onto something.” He says. “It is strange how he is normal one moment and then crazy the next. It would make sense but I didn’t think they could do that.”

I nod following along with his thinking. “They must’ve found a way.” I tell him.

He nods. “I’ll talk to the others and we will figure something out.” He pauses for a minute. “The doctor is going to start operating on Tao soon.” He says gently.

“Operating?” I sound so clueless and that makes me mad. Why hasn’t anyone told me what is going on with Tao yet?

Suho nods. “He said it will take a couple hours and he needs to be left alone. It is apparently very risky.”

I want to shove past Suho and barge right into Tao’s room. I shove back the urge and just nod.

“He’ll be okay. The doctor knows what he’s doing.” Suho tries to reassure.

I don’t want to cry but I can feel the tears ready to spill. “Suho, is this how life is now?”

Suho looks at me funny but he actually answers. “Yes, until we change it, it will have to be like this. We can either sit around and all die or we can take the more dangerous route and take back our planet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter