Facing my fears in the dark

Trapped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stare at Tao in awe. He jumped out of an actual spaceship as it was in the air.

“After I hit the ground I was in a lot of pain but I manage to get back in the store.” He says.

I have only one question. “Why did they let you get away?”

He shakes his head. “I don’t know. They easily could’ve landed and put my back on the ship, I wouldn’t have been able to escape again.”

I think about what Tao has told me. They had to have let him escape. They are aliens and much smarter than us. There is no way his escape was an accident. One thing pops into my mind.

“They want us to come to them.” I say with certainty. “You played their game the way they wanted. So far at least.”

Tao wears an expression of confusion. I watch as what I say slowly starts to make sense to him.

“Well .” He says. “How could I not see that?”

I shake my head. “They played us and we didn’t even know it.”

Tao stands up suddenly. “We have to get out of here.”

I stand up too. “That thing is still out there.” I really don’t want to leave this room until I am one hundred percent sure that that little girl thing is gone.

“We need to hijack a ship and get to that planet, Targus, and figure out what is really going on.” He says it with so much certainty. He really believes we can do it.

I want to agree with him but I can’t. How can we possibly take one of those ships? How would we even know where to go? “Tao we can’t just walk out and say ‘Hey aliens can we use your ship?’ We need a legitimate plan.” I say.

Tao nods. “We don’t have much time though.”

A loud crash diverts our attention. It came from right outside the door. Me and Tao both move closer to the door. It is completely silent.

Is that thing out there right now? Does it plan to break the door down? I take a step away from the door grabbing Tao’s hand and pulling him back with me.

Just when I think something is about to happen A voice breaks the silence. “Tao, Scarlet, It’s me Baekhyun.”

I take another step back. There is no way I can believe it is really him. Even if it is him, he’s an alien and betrayed us. “Please open the door. I killed the shape shifter.” He says.

Tao looks at me and shakes his head briskly.

“Come on guys, I don’t want to have to break the door open.” He says sounding exhausted. “I came all the way back here to help you and you’re going to do this to me?” He whines.

Tao goes to move towards the door but I grab his hand and pull him back.

“What?” He asks.

“We can’t just let him in. I don’t trust this.” I whisper.

I hear a scoff. “I heard that Scarlet.”

“Good.” I snap at the door.

I Hear him grunt. “I don’t know how to make you tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter