summer and unpleasant reunions

Heaven's Door

chapter 21 | summer and unpleasant reunions

 

Dinner consists of Woohyun discreetly placing his hand on Sunggyu’s thigh and roaming dangerously close to an area Sunggyu thinks is very inappropriate for the occasion and Sunggyu constantly slapping his hand away while he talks to Hye Mi. Hye Mi might know what’s going on or at least have an idea (she’s too smart for her own good, honestly) but she acts as though she doesn’t. Sunggyu is thankful for that.

 

            Woohyun also suggests that Sunggyu can stay over if he wants but Sunggyu declines and Woohyun drives him home. Woohyun knows Sunggyu wants to take it slow. So for Sunggyu, he’ll comply and he won’t push Sunggyu. After all, he wants to keep Sunggyu in his life for as long as possible.

 

            Sungyeol is waiting for Sunggyu when he gets home. “Before you say anything, we weren’t alone. We just had dinner with his little sister.”

 

            Sungyeol nods. “What’s done is done. I don’t want you to get hurt, you know that.”

 

            Sunggyu smiles and hugs his cousin. “Thank you for worrying about me. But Woohyun makes me happy so give him a chance, yeah?”

 

            “How did you know I was worrying?”

 

            Sunggyu chuckles a little. “I’ve known you for a long time.”

 

            Sungyeol smiles and ruffles Sunggyu’s hair. “Just don’t get hurt, okay? And if he makes you cry then he’ll have to deal with me.”

 

            “For a little kid, you can be terrifying.”

 

            “Hey! I’m not that much younger than you!”

 

            “You act like it!”

 

            “Who knew you could be so mean!”

 

            --

 

Final exams pass quickly and fade into summer. School finishes and the teenagers are let out of school for the last time of the year.

 

            Myungsoo comes up to Sunggyu before he’s about to leave. “Myungsoo?” Sunggyu asks, amazed that Myungsoo doesn’t look scary or hostile. He looks apologetic.

 

            “I wanted to say sorry. For what I did.”

 

            “Myungsoo—”

 

            “Woohyun slapped some sense into me afterwards and it took me a long time to realize that he’s happier with you than me. And he’s my best friend and I’d rather see him happy. And I know you’ll probably never forgive me—”

 

            “I forgive you.”

 

            “W-what?”

 

            “I forgive you. I mean, it really hurt and you made me cry but there’s no point in staying angry.”

 

            Woohyun is standing beside Sunggyu, their hands clasped together. Woohyun pats Myungsoo’s shoulder. “Aw, mature little Myung is coming out!”

 

            Myungsoo swats Woohyun’s hand away. “Shut up.”

 

            When they exit school (Sunggyu lets Myungsoo come along), Sungyeol meets them in the front yard. “Oh? Who’s this?” Sungyeol asks when he eyes Myungsoo.

 

            Myungsoo blinks when he sees Sungyeol. Tall, handsome, wavy reddish hair. Myungsoo’s heart pounds. Is this what you call love at first sight? Myungsoo thinks to himself.

 

            “This is Myungsoo, Woohyun’s best friend,” Sunggyu answers his cousin.

 

            Dongwoo grumbles something about him not being too happy Myungsoo is tagging along but Yongguk and Hoya pat his back comfortingly.

 

            “I’m Lee Sungyeol, Sunggyu’s and Dongwoo’s cousin! It’s nice to meet you!” Sungyeol extends his hand, waiting for Myungsoo to shake it.

 

            “Nice to… meet you,” Myungsoo slowly takes Sungyeol’s hand and shakes it, feeling a jolt of electricity running in his veins when he touches Sungyeol.

 

            “We’re just not going to tell Sungyeol what L did…” Hoya mumbles in the back and Sungyeol, surprisingly enough, doesn’t hear.

 

            “Great! Let’s go—”

 

            “Sunggyu!”

 

            Sunggyu’s eyes widen. He recognizes that voice all too well. Sungyeol, Dongwoo, and Hoya do too; they all face the source of the sound. Sunggyu swallows while Myungsoo and Woohyun are left utterly confused. Judging by the sudden terrified look that crosses Sunggyu’s face and the angry fire that burns in Sungyeol’s eyes, Yongguk has an idea of who it is.

 

            “W-Woo Bin,” Sunggyu says.

 

            “Who is that? How does he know you?” Woohyun whispers. He’s confused – Sunggyu looks absolutely terrified and he’s the sleeve of Woohyun’s shirt tightly.

 

            “What are you doing here? What, dares the slave/ Come hither, cover’d with an antic face/ To fleer and scorn at our solemnity?” Sungyeol growls. Myungsoo never knew Shakespeare could sound so menacing.

 

            “Oh, Sungyeol! It’s so good to see you again,” Woo Bin says, a smirk tugging on his lips. He’s much taller and much more handsome than when Sunggyu last saw him. Sunggyu shudders at the memories.

 

            “What are you doing here? You never answered me.”

 

            “To see Sunggyu, of course.”

 

            “What makes you think that we’d let you even look at Sunggyu after everything you did?”

 

            “I wanted to say sorry. It’s been eating at me ever since you vanished. I really did love you, Sunggyu, and I still do. I’ve never been able to forget you.”

 

            Woohyun narrows his eyes. Who is this guy? Sunggyu is his and this guy has no right saying this stuff to Sunggyu. “Stop spewing lies,” Dongwoo says this time.

 

            “I’m not lying, honest. Back when we were kids I was too afraid to go against everyone but I always felt the same way about you Sunggyu.”

 

            “Sunggyu, who is this? What is he talking about?” Woohyun says, grabbing Sunggyu’s hand.

 

            “He’s Woo Bin. We went to school together—”

 

            “And he’s Sunggyu’s first love,” Hoya finishes. Woohyun glares at Woo Bin. He doesn’t know why Sunggyu seems so terrified of this Woo Bin character and it makes Woohyun’s blood boil. He wraps his arm protectively around Sunggyu.

 

            Woo Bin tilts his head as he sees the gesture. “Oh? And who is this?”

 

            “Woohyun. Sunggyu’s boyfriend,” Woohyun tries to keep his voice from going hostile but it doesn’t really work.

 

            “Boyfriend, Sunggyu? Is that true?”

 

            Sunggyu nods, nuzzling into Woohyun’s side. Woo Bin frowns. “We’ll see about that.” 

 

 

Not proofread. Sue me.

Let's throw in as much drama as possible!

I was watching To The Beautiful You again and I got the idea from Kim Woo Bin's character. Except now we get to see what the real overprotective Sungyeol is like! And Woohyun is going to get pretty fierce, too. 

I shall not give them any relax time. Right into battle they must go! 

btw I am going to start posting oneshots and drabbles on my livejournal account. You can check it out here: http://aliveincolour.livejournal.com