REJUVENATION

Misunderstood

 

Yuri’s mom returned home from work the next morning. When she reached the living room she saw the two girls still in their same positions from last night, sleeping peacefully. She smiled at the two because it had been a long time since she’s seen Yuri with any friends over. She could only think to herself that Tiffany must be someone really special to her baby. She took a blanket from one of the closets in the apartment and draped it around the two of them. Smiling at them one last time, she retired to her bedroom to rest.

 

Light from the window hit Tiffany’s eyes causing her to wake up from her slumber. She blinked a few times and looked around with her eyes to remember that she wasn’t at home. Looking down, she noticed that there was a blanket over her that she didn’t remember putting on. She then realized that she fell asleep watching the movie with Yuri, who was still holding on to her.

 

Tiffany smiled and she squeezed Yuri’s hand. “Yuri, hey Yuri, wake up,” whispered Tiffany as rubbed Yuri’s arm.

 

The sleeping girl let out a yawn and slowly opened her eyes. Yuri looked down and was greeted with the sight of Tiffany in her arms. The taller girl briefly hugged Tiffany tighter and smiled. “Morning, Fany. Did you sleep well,” Yuri asked.

 

“Surprisingly I did, considering that we both fell asleep on the couch here. You make a good pillow,” chuckled Tiffany.

 

“Well you made a good blanket,” laughed Yuri.

 

“Speaking of, I think your mom tucked us in this morning,” Tiffany said lifting up the blanket.

 

“That’s my mom for you,” Yuri said smiling and shaking her head. “You want to get some breakfast?”

 

“Yeah. What do you have to eat,” asked Tiffany.

 

“I can make some rice, bacon, eggs, and toast with strawberry jelly if you like,” said Yuri.

 

“You can make all of that? You didn’t seem like the type that could cook,” Tiffany said sitting up.

 

“I have many skills,” smirked Yuri.

 

“Now you are quoting Xena Warrior Princess? Nice,” said Tiffany with a grin.

 

“Hey! That show was awesome,” protested Yuri standing up and stretching.

 

“I know. I used to watch it too. Who was your favorite,” asked Tiffany.

 

“Oh! I was a Gabby fan. She was such an awesome sidekick,” replied Yuri.

 

“I was a Joxer fan myself. The show needed the comic relief at times but when he was serious it was epic,” said Tiffany as she stood.

 

“I have all the dvds. Maybe you can come back again and we can have a marathon some time…if you like,” Yuri said with a sheepish smile as she looked down.

 

“Sounds like a date,” Tiffany said as she bumped Yuri with her hips as she walked by her and into the kitchen. Yuri looked up and saw Tiffany sticking her tongue out before she disappeared. Yuri grinned as she entered the kitchen to start breakfast.