REVELATION

Misunderstood

 

Tiffany was in her room when she heard the doorbell ring. At first she ignored it but whoever was out there was really persistent. She sighed and got off her bed to answer the door. When she opened it Yuri was standing there, chest falling up and down. Her eyes widened in shock at seeing Yuri there.

 

“We need to talk Tiffany,” Yuri stated in between her heaving breathing.

 

“I don’t thi…,” Tiffany tried to say but got immediately cut off.

 

“Now Tiffany,” exclaimed Yuri with a flash of anger in her eyes.

 

Never in the months have they been together had Yuri raised her voice in anger. The sight frightened Tiffany. She looked at Yuri and decided that it would be better to let the girl in so she could calm down. Closing the door behind them, Tiffany led them to the living room and offered Yuri a seat on the couch.

 

“What did you want to talk about Yuri,” asked Tiffany while making sure there was some distance between the two on the couch.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me,” asked Yuri in a hushed tone.

 

“Tell you what,” replied Tiffany confused.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about what our classmates were doing to you,” asked Yuri as her eyebrows furrowed. Her stare was intense, looking directly in Tiffany’s eyes.

 

It was like Yuri was burning a hole in Tiffany’s soul. She couldn’t take looking at her and looked off to the side. Quietly she said, “It’s none of your business Yuri.”

 

“Like hell it is my business! Look at me,” demanded Yuri as she turned Tiffany’s face toward her with her hand. She could see the fear building in Tiffany’s eyes and so she took a deep breath to calm herself down. She Tiffany’s cheek with her thumb.

 

“Yuri…,” whispered Tiffany at a loss of words.

 

Yuri released Tiffany’s face and asked, “How long had this been going on Tiffany?”

 

Tiffany looked down again. “It started off awhile ago. At first, it was just a note saying that they were watching me. Then it got more and more threatening. When you left for the tournament that’s when they attacked. It was subtle at first. I got bumped in the hall and had stuff wasted on me. But as the week progressed they shredded my gym clothes, I got in trouble with teachers, and eventually detention,” she stated.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me Tiffany,” asked Yuri.

 

Tiffany finally looked up at the younger girl in front of her and said, “It wasn’t your problem. It was mine to handle. Secondly, I know how much you love the attention. Why would I ruin that for you? That’s your life and who am I to be the one to ruin what you want the most?”

 

Yuri immediately frowned and stood up. Tiffany looked at her as she walked to the front door. She paused for a moment back turned to Tiffany still. “Let me tell you this Tiffany. I may be an attention seeker but I am not stupid. Those people don’t give a damn about me. They only want to be near me to boost their own popularity. You on the other hand are not like that. You truly cared about me in your own twisted way. And you know what? I accepted it. That was who you were and that was okay. Then before I could even realize, I understood deep down that all of that attention was worthless if it wasn’t coming from you. I don’t care about those people and they don’t care about me. Whether you want to admit it or not, I know you care for me. When you figure out what you want you know where to find me. Until then, goodbye Tiffany,” Yuri said and walked out the door leaving Tiffany stunned again.

 

A/N: Decided to do a double update today because I see next week will get very busy for me. Only 4 more "chapters" left.