3

MINE!

    "Ever seen an authentic Yedo sword from the Joseon dynasty?"

    The girl just shook her head and batted her eyelashes.

    "Well, I've got one."

    "Oh?"

    "Mm. The blade's pretty long. And it's got this slight curve to it."

    The girl bit her lip, leaning in closer.

    "The blade, the hiltthe whole thing is just a beautiful piece of craftsmanship."

    "Mm... I bet."

    "I've got it back in my dorm if you wanna come by and see i"

    "Chanyeol!" Baekhyun snapped as he strode up to them and grabbed the tall boy by the wrist.

    "Baek!"

    He glanced only briefly at the girl Chanyeol had been talking to, sending her a quick, "Excuse us, would you?" before dragging the boy along down the hallway.

    "I was just looking for you!"

    "Oh? Is that what you were doing?! Because it sounded like you were trying to get that girl to come back to your dorm to check out your 'sword.'"

    "I just got distracted." Chanyeol stopped walking and pulled his arm out of the shorter boy's grip. "Come with me! I have to show you something!" He wrapped his hand around Baekhyun's wrist and pulled him toward the door to his own dorm. After knocking a few times, he told the brunette, "Be creative, okay?"

    Baekhyun was confused. "What does that mean? And why are you knocking on your own door? Did'ja lose your key or something?"

    Before Chanyeol could respond, the door flew open and Kai's grinning face appeared in the doorway. "What's the password?"

    "All your blanket are belong to me."

    Kai straightened up and moved aside to allow Chanyeol to pass. "Welcome back, Sergeant Park. Before Kai moved back into the doorway, Baekhyun was able to make out what appeared to be a massive blanket fort erected in the common area of Chanyeol and Jongdae's dorm room. It extended from corner to corner, with no way of passing through the room and to the other doorways aside from traveling beneath and through the blanket structure itself. Baekhyun wondered for a moment what Jongdae thought of itor if he even knew. Somehow, he didn't figure the guy to be the type to recognize the joys and wonders that blanket forts had to offer.

    "Password?"

    Baekhyun's eyes flicked back to the (fine ) boy in front of him, and he smiled. After a moment of pondering, he said simply, "Nice ."

    Kai grinned. "Good answer! Much better than the last three girls Chanyeol invited back here. Wouldn't you know, each one of them tried 'Open sesame.' That kind of unoriginal gets you insta-banned. Anyway, welcome to the home base, Private Byun."

    "Thanks!" Baekhyun moved to enter, but paused. "Hey, how do you know my name's Byun?"

    "In or out, Private."

    Baekhyun didn't waste a moment before he rushed forward and dropped to his knees, crawling quickly into the blanket fort. Kai closed the door and followed him in. As Baekhyun settled down into a comfortable seating position, he noticed something strange. Reaching beneath himself, he pulled out what turned out to be a very lacy pink bra. He held it up between thumb and index finger, as if it may be carrying some sort of contagion.

    "Oh, just put it with the others," Kai said as he settled down and curled up in his favorite Crong blanket. Baekhyun looked over to see Kai pointing at a small pile of what appeared to be women's lingerie in a far corner of the fort. He flung the offending article of clothing to join the pile, and wiped his fingers off on the floor. "They get lost in the blankets sometimes," Kai added, as if that explained everything.

    Baekhyun cringed. He really didn't want to think more about it. A strange noise caught his attention, and he looked over to see a large lump near Chanyeol. It moved and groaned before settling once again. "Um... What is that?" Baekhyun asked.

    "That's just Major Wu. He gets super cranky if he doesn't get his afternoon nap, though, so we have to be kind of quiet until he wakes up. Trust me, you don't want to wake the dragon."

    Baekhyun nodded, finally tearing his eyes away from the mysterious lump, and returned his gaze to far more interesting things. Like the Adonis currently curled up in a Link print blanket, gaze trained on the screen of the portable game system in his hands. He was about to move to begin crawling closer to the current object of his affections, when Kai began obnoxiously clearing his throat.

    "So," Kai began, pausing dramatically, "before we get on to the fun and/or y times, we have to get some necessary business out of the way. Kris is a real when he wants to be, and he'll get on my if I don't make sure that youas a first-time guest in our magnificent fortress of wonderknow all of the fort rules."

    "Fort... rules?"

    "Yeah... You'll learn quickly that Kris is a major fun-er"

    "But we only call him that when he's not around," Chanyeol interjected quietly.

    "A fun-er?" Baekhyun asked.

    "Major Fun-er," Kai supplied. "Some of the rules are added by me, or Chanyeol, or Lay, but most of them are added by Kris. Anyway, the rules." He paused and cleared his throat again as he reached behind him and pulled out a thick binder. He flipped open the cover, and began reading. "What happens in the fort, stays in the fort." Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "No overuse of cologne, perfume, aftershave, or any other aromatic substance. Secrets don't make friends; all phone calls taken are to be put on speaker."

    "We'll be here all day if you read him every rule. I don't even remember half of them most of the time," Chanyeol said, not looking up from his game. "Just skim through them."

    "Okay, here's a particularly important one. Bros before hoes. In the spirit of no-judgment, experimenting, personal identity exploration, diverse tastes, etcetera, 'hoes' is, in this context, a gender-neutral term... Hmm... Okay, here's another one. This one's really important too. If Kris is in the fort, pants are mandatory." Baekhyun really wanted to ask. He really did, but he figured it was probably best not to, and kept silent. "Playing 'King Kong as he breaks loose!' inside the fort is not allowed. Blah blah blah blah... okay, and finally, If Kris is in the fort, try to have as much fun as possible while following all of the super dumb, fun- rules that he's made me add." With that, Kai slammed the binder shut and chucked it in a random direction and tugged his blanket closer around him.

    "Kai's really good at giving Kris reasons to add new rules." Chanyeol paused his game and set the system down on a nearby chair. "So how about a game?"

    "What do you suggest?"

    "I"

    Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" suddenly rang out in the fort. The three boys sat frozen, before Baekhyun finally snapped out of it and began struggling to get his phone out of his back pocket.

    "What the ," came the disgruntled voice from beneath a mound of blankets. Kris rolled over and looked at them, hair tousled and eyes bleary.

    "S-Sorry!" Baekhyun stammered as he hit the button to silence the ringer.

    "You have to answer it," Kai said.

    "And it has to be on speaker," Chanyeol added.

    Baekhyun sighed and answered the call, setting the device down on the floor in front of him. "H-Hello?"

    "Hey, Hyung, where are you?"

    "I'm hanging out with Chanyeol."

    "Like I'm not even here..." Kai muttered irritably.

    "Oooh, how is your Channie? Is he aware that you've called 'dibs' on him yet?"

    "Sehun, you're such a brat," Baekhyun snapped, glancing briefly at Chanyeol before returning his gaze to the phone. "Do you know who else is here?"

    "Who, your wedding planner? Don't you think it's a bit early for that? You might scare your Channie off."

    Baekhyun huffed and resisted the urge to run back to his dorm to kick his roommate and friend's . "Stop calling him that."

    "You do. All the time."

    "You're lying! Anyway, Kai's here, too."

    "O-Oh?"

    "Should I tell him about your not-so-tiny crush on him?"

    "I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM! JUST BECAUSE I THINK HIS DANCING IS PERFECT AND HIS BODY IS PERFECT AND HIS HAIR IS PERFECT AND THE WAY HE TALKS IS PERFECT AND I WANT TO FREAKING BE HIM DOES NOT MEAN THAT I HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!"

    "Holy he's loud," Kris grumbled, finally sitting up.

    "Sounds like you've got an admirer," Chanyeol chuckled, looking at Kai.

    Kai had a very accomplished looking grin on his face, but stayed silent.

    "...Hyung? Did they... hear me?"

    "Right, sorry," Baekhyun said, sounding anything but apologetic. "Did I forget to mention that you were on speaker phone?" He couldn't help but laugh when the call ended a second later.

    "So... You and Chanyeol have a wedding coming up?" Kris asked with a smirk.

    Baekhyun paled. "Y-Yah!" he stammered. "He was just joking!"

    "Yeah. Sure."

    "So where were we?" Kai asked. "Let's play two truths and a lie. Highest ranking starts!"

    Kris sighed. "I had a sandwich for breakfast."

    "Lame."

    "I've seen every episode of the Office."

    "American or British?" Chanyeol asked.

    "American."

    "Continue."

    "I've been hit on by a cougar."

    Baekhyun sighed. "This game ! I don't know you guys that well! How am I supposed to know?"

    Kai rolled his eyes. "Please, as if you could get hot middle aged tail if you tried."

    "Are you saying that's my lie?" Kris asked.

    "Yes. You've never been hit on by a cougar."

    "Sorry, Kai."

    "What?!"

    "I had pop tarts for breakfast."

    "Bull! Who hit on you?!"

    Kris turned his head to look at Chanyeol, smirking. "Your mom," he said simply.

    Chanyeol's jaw dropped, and Kai fell over laughing.

    "What?! When?!" Chanyeol demanded.

    "Last Thanksgiving when I went back to your house with you."

    "Dude, your mom's hot," Kai said.

    Chanyeol looked anything but appreciative. "Whatever. you. Kai, your turn."

    "Your mom sure seemed to want to," Kris said smugly.

    Chanyeol glared back.

    Kai ignored them and began his turn. "I once drunk dialed my mom and ended up having to see a shrink once a week for two months. I'm deathly allergic to mangos. I've seen the movie Closer, starring Natalie Portman, seven times."

    Baekhyun pouted. "I'm serious. This game ing ."

    "This one is actually pretty difficult," Kris said and glanced at Chanyeol, who nodded in agreement.

    After thinking for a few moments, Chanyeol said, "Okay, I think I really would've known by now if you were that allergic to something."

    "Yeah, I'm kinda leaning toward the movie thing. Watching that movie seven times seems a bit much, even for him."

    "I guess I'll go with the shrink thing."

    "You'd think if that one were true, we'd see some actual results."

    "What if this is an improvement."

    "Oh god."

    "I'm sitting right here, you know," Kai grumbled.

    "I'll go with the mangos thing, then," Baekhyun said. "Not that I would know. 'Cause, y'know, this game ."

    "Are those your final answers?" They all nodded. "And the winner iiiiissss... Kris! I've only seen Closer six times."

    Kris rolled his eyes. "You're an idiot. And you watch the randomest ." His phone buzzed somewhere in his mound of blankets, and he rifled around until he managed to pull it out. The other three boys watched as he read the message that had come in, a subtle smirk appearing on his lips. He stuffed the phone in his pocket and shed his cocoon of covers. "Something came up. I'll see you guys later." With that, he crawled past them and left the fort and the room.

    Chanyeol picked up his gaming system and resumed playing his game. Without looking away from the screen, he asked, "So you're really allergic to mangoes?"

    "I could die."

    "Wow."

    "And the shrink thing?" Baekhyun asked. "Sending you to see a shrink for drinking seems a bit of an overreaction."

    "You don't know Kai when he's drunk," Chanyeol mumbled.

    "So I guess the game's over?"

    "Yep. Kris leaving opens up all possibilities."

    "So what now?"

    "Dance party!" Kai yelled. He pushed aside a pillow to reveal a stereo system, and pressed a button. Music began blasting through the speakers, the bass making the entire room vibrate, and Kai immediately began moving to the beat. Baekhyun laughed and he and Chanyeol joined in. It wasn't long before Kai lost himself in the music and brought the entire fort crashing to the floor.

 


A/N

Bonus Chapter: Kyungsoo and Baekhyun head out for a night on the town.

Question for you: Who is your favorite minor character in THIS story line? (This means people like Sehun, Kai, Kris, and Kyungsoo)

I'm so sorry this took so long. Stuff happened, and now school's started, and life and and writer's block and more lame excuses. Thank you for putting up with my nonsense. The next theme in WDCI is starting up next, and with that, some fun things for baekyeol shall come~ I'd love to hear from you guys, whether it be here or on Tumblr or Twitter.

You may notice blanket forts pop up in (future and current) stories written by Aithusa and I. This is due in part to how (strangely) often she and I end up talking about them... Because seriously, who doesn't love a good blanket fort? Also, Aithusa has a really great EXO crack fic you should check out. :) [link] (Additionally, sekai is listed as a pairing, but they're really just the bromantic main characters more than anything—just saying, in case sekai isn't your thing. don't let it put you off!)