4, Part 2/2

MINE!

"THERE YOU ARE!" Baekhyun exclaimed, moving in very close, his face twisted in anger.

Chanyeol looked over his shoulder and a grin spread across his face when he caught sight of the brunet. "Hey, man."

And just like that, Baekhyun could feel the anger melt off his face at the mere sight of that grin. He smiled back and set to doing his business, ignoring the common knowledge guy rule that dictated that you never go to the urinal immediately beside another guy if you can help it. Another guy came into the bathroom, brushing past an uncomfortable, fidgeting Sehun, and gave Baekhyun and Chanyeol a strange look before disappearing into a bathroom stall. Sehun kind of wished he could disappear too. But he'd come this far, so he'd suffer through the awkward if it meant getting to finally see Baekhyun try to woo the guy who seemed to be un-woo-able. Though, looking at the two of them, it didn't seem like either of them felt uncomfortable at all. Sehun didn't particularly feel the same way.

Don't peek, Baekhyun was telling himself insistently. You must resist. Do. Not. Peek. Okay, seriously, one little peek couldn't hurt. Right? I mean, we're kind of friends. Friends see each other . I've seen Sehun's more times than I can count. it! He took a steadying breath (not too deep—he was in the mens' restroom, after all). He was ready for this. He faked a cough, using it as an excuse to turn his head a bit and now he would lay his eyes upon... long fingers just done fastening a button. DAMMIT!

Sehun was relieved when the pained noises started up from the occupied bathroom stall and Baekhyun and Chanyeol picked up the pace. He followed the two out.

"So how are you?" Chanyeol asked, smiling warmly at Baekhyun as they walked down the hall. "I haven't seen you in a couple of days."

Baekhyun looked positively ecstatic. "Great," he said airily. "Just great. Did you do something different? You look different."

Chanyeol's smile widened. "Actually, I got my hair trimmed! You're the only one that's noticed!" Sehun rolled his eyes. Baekhyun can sure pick 'em.

"Well, it looks really good."

"Oh, guess what! My mom sent me her homemade cupcakes! They're so good! I still have some left in my room. Do you want one?"

"Of course!"

"Let's go! Your friend can have one, too."

They headed downstairs and burst out the doors that led outside. It was a wonderful day; the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and Baekhyun had been reunited with his gallant prince. Things were looking up for Byun Baekhyun.

"Isn't the weather just wonderful today?" Baekhyun commented cheerily. "It's such a great day to be outside."

Chanyeol nodded happily. "I don't get out as often as I should, but I do love days like this. I went and played some basketball earlier with some friends. It was a lot of fun."

"I bet you're really good!" Baekhyun was practically bouncing with each step, his mouth spread wide with uncontainable glee. "I bet you looked really cool! It's so warm out today, did you get," he swallowed, "all sweaty?"

The taller boy laughed, shaking a stray lock of hair out of his eyes. "Actually, yeah. I was practically soaked by the end of it. We were out there for a while."

Baekhyun was practically drooling. It was very attractive.

"And Kris was being obnoxious about winning, so I glomped him and refused to let go for a while. He was pretty sweaty too, so it was pretty gross for me too, but it was still worth it to have him whining the way he was. Oh, it was pretty funny though; Kai pulled his shirt over his head and started doing some y dance at the other guys on my team. They just rolled their eyes at first, but then they got all angry when they noticed that their girlfriends, who'd come to watch them play, were checking him out!"

"So guess what." I don't want to hear about sweaty Kai, you oblivious hunk of gorgeous, you.

"Hm?"

"I saw this really cute squirrel today."

"Oh really?! What did it look like? Was it totally cute and fluffy?"

"Yes it was!" Baekhyun was positively glowing as he peered up into Chanyeol's eager smile. "I named him Christophe! He was one classy mother er."

"I love animals," Chanyeol sighed. "I had a ferret when I was little. His name was Garrett and I took him everywhere."

"You're ing adorable," Baekhyun murmured breathily.

"What?"

"I said he sounds adorable! I wish I could've taken Christophe with me, but... He belongs in the wild with his squirrel brothers, so... I had to let him go." He wiped an imaginary tear away from his eye with a heavy sigh.

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol slung an arm around the shorter boy, and Baekhyun melted into the half-embrace. Oh, yes. He was definitely going to need to give Chanyeol more reasons to touch him. He pouted when they made it to the stairs up to their floor and Chanyeol pulled his arm back. Seriously, he just couldn't catch a break.

Baekhyun jumped with a yelp when a half-empty cup of coffee appeared over his shoulder. He took it and took a large gulp, shooting a glare back at Sehun, who he'd completely forgotten was even there.

"Oh, you're still here?"

"So who is this?" Chanyeol asked, looking over his shoulder at the other boy.

"He's Sehun," Baekhyun told him, moving closer so that his hand bumped Chanyeol's almost constantly. "He's the one that's obsessed with Kai."

Chanyeol's mouth formed an 'o' as he turned back to face forward. "It's okay, man," he said loud enough for Sehun to hear from behind them. "A lot of people are obsessed with Kai. And then Kai, Kai's obsessed with a lot of things. Not a lot of people know what Kai's really like. He's actually—Well, he's—Kai?"

"Pfft," Sehun scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Well that explains a lot—Oh." Spotting something over Baekhyun's shoulder, he broke off, his eyes widening. "You meant... Kai..."

Just ahead, Kai could be seen casually leaning against the wall next to the door to Chanyeol's dorm, chatting with a couple of girls. He said something with an attractive quirk of his lips that had them blushing and giggling, before he glanced over and caught sight of them. After muttering a few things to them, he pushed away and approached the three boys. "Hey Yeol, I forgot to uh," Kai hesitated a moment, noticing Chanyeol's companions, and flashed them a smile before asking, "Don't I know him?" He nodded in the direction of Sehun, who promptly lowered his head, suddenly feeling very much like a blushing schoolgirl having a "Senpai noticed me!" moment.

"It's Sehun," Baekhyun told him with a grin. "He's a dance major too, so you've probably seen him around. He's also the one who thinks your everything is perfect."

Kai beamed. "There's a club, you know."

Chanyeol laughed, "Anyway, why are you here?" He moved forward to unlock the door and led the way into his room.

"What, can't I just want to see you?"

"I was with you not long ago; you're being awfully needy, aren't you? I can't miss you if you're always by my side!"

"You like it, Channie—"

"Okay," Baekhyun snapped, interrupting the disgusting show of questionable bromance. "Not that this isn't adorable—I'm nearly puking from the overwhelming cuteness, really—but don't you have someplace to be, Kai?" He narrowed his eyes pointedly at the meddlesome Adonis.

"What did you come back for?" Chanyeol asked him.

Kai thought for a moment and frowned. "Actually, I don't even remember now. I should go, though. I have practice in like..." He pulled his phone out and the display. "two minutes, apparently. So I'll see you guys later."

"Yep, see ya. You'll be online tonight for the tournament?"

"Yeah." Then, with a smirk and a parting wink flashed at a quickly blushing Sehun, he was off, sauntering out the door.

"So how about those cupcakes?" Chanyeol asked with a grin as he produced a large tupperware container from a nearby cabinet. "They have this cream cheese frosting that will make you think you've died and gone to paradise. Seriously, I had to cut Kai off after his third one."

"I love cream," Baekhyun said with a saccharine smile as he sunk down onto the plush couch that sat against the wall. Sehun, already seated, reacted with a repulsed gag and a swift elbow to Baekhyun's ribs. "Ow! !"

Chanyeol handed the two boys a cupcake each and replied before immediately biting into his own. "Who doesn't?" Sehun nearly choked, and Baekhyun merely beamed.

", this is good," Sehun said around a mouthful of cupcake. "Are your parents still together?"

Chanyeol quirked a brow at him, swallowing. "No? Sorry, but I think Kai's got a better chance of becoming my stepdad than you do... Kris too, apparently."

Baekhyun stifled a snicker at that, covering it up with another bite of the delicious confection in his hands. An idea occurred to him, and after another small but calculated bite, he pulled away with a very noticeable smear of frosting above his upper lip. He pretended not to notice, chewing daintily as his gaze wandered to the plump, frosting-smeared lips across from him. Mmm, them lips. What he wouldn't do to taste those lips. , what was he thinking? He was Byun Baekhyun! If he wanted to kiss a boy, he'd kiss him! And no one could stop him. He'd sure proven that time and time again(with varying results). And hey, if he wanted to throw in a little tongue action, he would. With renewed resolve, he began to lean forward.

His attention was pulled away when Sehun snapped, "You have on your lips."

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and replied with a succinct, "I hate you." He raised his free hand to swipe at his face with the back of his hand, intentionally not coming close to the smear, and turned to Chanyeol. "Did I get it?"

He received a low chuckle in response before Chanyeol leaned forward and, without hesitation, swiped his thumb over Baekhyun's lip. Even Sehun couldn't look away as Chanyeol stuck his thumb in his mouth, off the frosting. It was truly frustrating how unaffected Chanyeol seemed by it. He stuffed the remainder of his cupcake into his mouth, dusted the crumbs off of his hands, and flashed a toothy, frosting-caked grin at the two gaping boys across from him.

Baekhyun heaved a heavy sigh and lowered his gaze to his hands, which were fidgeting with the wrapper on his cupcake. "So," he began, "Chanyeol. What are your feelings on body piercings?"

"Ugh," Sehun grumbled. "Can we not talk about this?"

"Hmm...," Chanyeol hummed thoughtfully. "Well, I like them. But I guess it kind of depends on the person and type of piercing, I guess."

"I was thinking of getting something pierced," Baekhyun told him.

"Oh really? What do you want done?"

Baekhyun grinned. "My ! That'd be hot, right?" When Chanyeol hesitated, he went on. "I just don't know which side to get done. Is it like with the ears, where people think one side means you're gay while the other doesn't? I mean, I am totally into guys, so it's not like it'd be untrue if I got that side done, but I like to know what I'm doing, don't you? I mean, I don't want to get one pierced and then start getting weird looks with no idea that everyone is thinking I like to hump pineapples or something!"

"I don't think you should do it," Chanyeol said suddenly.

"THANK YOU!" Sehun exclaimed. "Our friend Junmyeon and I have been trying to talk him out of this for ages now, but he just won't listen!"

Baekhyun was pouting. "You don't think it would look good on me?" He had eyes for only Chanyeol. Who cares what Sehun thought? He was a brat.

"I don't think you should get your pierced," Chanyeol replied seriously. "But I think a navel piercing would actually look quite nice on you."

Sehun clapped a hand to his face, groaning. Baekhyun, on the other hand, couldn't help the blush that rose to his cheeks at the comment. That was it. He was going to go back to his dorm later and he was going to get started planning the wedding. Chanyeol was the one. Baekhyun just hoped Chanyeol was okay with mocha cake and blue tulips because those were non-negotiable. Oh, and a chocolate fondue fountain. Those things were in'.

"Thank you," Baekhyun murmured finally, an almost shy smile on his lips.

Chanyeol's phone went off in that moment, vibrating against the surface of the coffee table where it had been set down and spouting the chorus of 2NE1's "Can't Nobody."

Oh no, Baekhyun thought. Not now, you don't. This is my moment! He snatched the phone up off the table, beating Chanyeol to it. One glance at the caller ID told him it was a girl calling.

"Hello?" Baekhyun said sweetly after accepting the call.

"Hello? Is Chanyeol there?"

"Chanyeol moved to Iceland. Don't call this number again." He hung up, but kept the phone. This was BaekYeol time, and anyone else who tried to interrupt could it. Having Sehun invading their time was more than enough. Speaking of Sehun, he was giving Baekhyun a very critical look. He could it, too.

Chanyeol didn't look bothered in the least. Instead, he just asked, "Who was it?"

Baekhyun shrugged. "Some girl. She wanted to know if you wanted to try pickled sheep with her." Chanyeol made a disgusted face. "So... I heard from some girl in your hall that you and Kai are dating and that you ."

Chanyeol laughed. "We can get pretty loud in here sometimes. The guy next door is always yelling at us to be quiet."

Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol didn't actually say whether or not he was actually ing Kai and/or dating him. He noticed and he didn't like it one bit. "So are you ing him or not?" Baekhyun snapped.

"Can I have another cupcake?" Sehun asked sweetly, pointedly ignoring Baekhyun's piercing glare.

"Sure!" Chanyeol replied brightly. He opened the plastic container sitting beside him and pulled out another of the tasty treats. He then handed it over carefully to Sehun with a smile before turning his attention back to Baekhyun.

"Do you and Kai even like boys?"

"We like lots of things."

Sehun snorted but returned to focusing on his cupcake.

Baekhyun's eyes widened. He took a deep breath before asking, "Does that mean 'Yes?'"

Chanyeol chuckled. "Yep, that includes boys." The shorter brunet couldn't help himself; he lunged forward, throwing himself into the other boy's lap, his arms looping around his neck. "Whoa! What's this reaction?"

Sehun rolled his eyes. Baekhyun could be so impulsive. And shameless. So very shameless. "He's just happy. He likes meeting other gays and somewhat-gays," he explained. Baekhyun would thank him for the smooth recovery later.

Baekhyun just nodded into Chanyeol's neck, not saying anything.

"How cute," Chanyeol chuckled. He shifted, adjusting the smaller boy on his lap into a more comfortable position, and grinned when he realized something. "Wow, you really are tiny. I bet I could" He finished his thought by curling his arms under Baekhyun's body and standing up. Baekhyun shrieked, careful enough not to do so in Chanyeol's ear, and tightened his grip. "To answer your previous question, no, I'm not sleeping with Kai. Well, technically, I do sometimes sleep with him, but no, we don't have . I mean, we've messed around a little bit before, but yeah, there's nothing really there. We're just friends."

"Good," Baekhyun said breathily. "Who knows what kind of crazy you'd catch from him."

Chanyeol laughed and bent forward to gently set Baekhyun back down on his feet. "Kai is crazy," he agreed, "but he's also one of my best friends."

Chanyeol's phone went off again, and Baekhyun pulled it out of his hoodie pocket to look at the screen. Kai, it read. Speak of the devil. With a groan, he handed it over to Chanyeol.

"Shouldn't you be in practice?" Chanyeol asked immediately.

"I told them I had to call my mom," Kai replied, his voice low.

"Pfft. Mama's boy."

"So, Darling, I was calling you because I remembered what I wanted to ask you!"

"Ask away."

"What do you think Kris's deal is?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, what does he go for? He is straight, isn't he? I've known the guy for... well, I don't remember how long, but I have no idea what his type is. Blonde? Brunette? Orange hair? Green hair? Asian? Western? European? Curvy? Not-curvy? Short? Tall? Have you ever seen him with anyone? Is he aual? He said he gets tail on his own, but we all know that's a bald-faced lie. So maybe he was just saying it so we wouldn't know! Lay tells me you can't tell just from looking, so help me out here!"

"Dude, I have no idea. Have you tried asking him?"

"He doesn't want to admit that he needs help."

"What does Kai want?" Baekhyun asked, trying and failing to keep the irritation out of his voice.

"Is that Baekhyun? You're still with him?"

"Yeah," Chanyeol replied. To Baekhyun, he said, "He's just asking me stuff about Kris."

"Hey, I could help him out too, if he wants. Oh, and that cute friend of his! They just need to tell me what they like. Oh, . I have to go. I'm starting to get disapproving looks. See ya! Have fun on your date later!" Click.

"Oh, ."

"What?" Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol glanced at the clock on his phone. "I have to get ready. I forgot I have a date in a bit."

"...What." Sehun snorted.

"Yeah, sorry."

Baekhyun sighed and followed Sehun to the door.

"Oh!"

The brunet stopped to look back, a hopeful look on his face.

"Kai said he'd help you and Sehun. He's got some matchmaking thing going now or something."

"...What."

"Sorry, I really have to get ready now!" He ushered them out the door and shut it behind them.

"My life," Baekhyun began morosely as he followed Sehun to their door, "is so spectacular and horrible at the same time."

"The amount of fail that I witnessed today will keep me smiling for a week," Sehun said, smirking.

Baekhyun merely heaved a great sigh and closed the door behind him. When Sehun flopped onto his bed, Baekhyun didn't hesitate before sprawling out on top of him.

"Ouch. . Get off of me."

"Today was wonderful," Baekhyun giggled, hugging Sehun around the midsection. "WON-DER-FUL!"

"Dude, seriously." Sehun tried to pry the smaller boy off of him, but he was clinging on tight. The blissed out expression on his face was making him very uncomfortable. "You didn't even ask him about Kai hooking him up with people! That was the whole point of your whole quest to find him today."

"Today was so great. I mean, it was hell, but it was so, so, so, great. All the hardship I faced, the nay-sayers, and the blazing sun beating down on my back, and the vicious, untamed wildlife snapping at my heels, and facing the ferocious beast, it was all worth it in the end. To be held in my prince's strong and capable arms—I'd do it all again in a heartbeat."

"I think I'm gonna be sick this time. You turn into such a disgusting, lovestruck loon when it comes to him. But what happens when you get comfortable with him and he founds out what an you are? AH, !" Baekhyun giggled, nuzzling into Sehun's chest. "YOU ING BIT ME! THAT ING HURT! GET OFF OF ME!"

"Nope. I'm comfy."

"I hope Kai manages to get Chanyeol a steady girlfrie—MOTHER ER! STOP THAT!"

 


A/N

At 7310 words, this is more than twice as long as the next longest chapter (WDCI Love Games 1/4, 3432 words). I'm quite proud of myself. I'm sorry I'm such a slow writer. I swear I'm trying. :)