2

MINE!

    "Tell me again how you managed to give Kai a concussion?" Kris said, laughing as he walked down the hall with Chanyeol.

    "It was an accident!" Chanyeol whined, quickly grinning at some girls as they passed a moment later. One sent him a small wave and a coy smile.

    "I think my favorite part is where he puked at Kyungsoo's place and was then driven to the hospital by him."

    "This guy named Baekhyun was driving, I think. Anyway, Kai doesn't think Kyungsoo's really blind.

    "What?"

    "He made me promise I wouldn't tell you any of this, though!" Chanyeol stopped walking to clutch Kris's arm, looking at the stern-faced Kris with a pout. "You have to swear not to say anything to him!"

    Kris raised a brow. "Really, Chanyeol? Aegyo? You really think that'll work?"

    Chanyeol shrugged, maintaining the exaggerated pout. "It's worth a try." Some girls giggled as they passed.

    "Let go," Kris snapped, yanking his arm out of the other's grip. "Come with me tonight to see a movie and I'll let it go. Kai might come too."

    Chanyeol frowned. "I can't."

    "Why not?"

    "I have a raid."

    "...What?"

    "I promised I'd be there. People are counting on me."

    "Are you serious?"

    "Raiding is serious business, Kris."

    "What are they gonna do if you don't show up? Send you angry messages?"

    "If they can't count on me, then I'll have a hard time getting invited later! I only need a few more pieces before I finish my Tier"

    "Stop." Kris raised a hand in a "stop" gesture, and shook his head. "Just stop. Never mind. You go play with your cyber friends. But listen, Chanyeol. I don't think I can count on you as a friend anymore. I'm going to have to think twice about inviting you out in the future."

    "Kris! Man, Kai was right. You're a di"

    "Chanyeol!" The voice called out from behind them, cutting Chanyeol off. He and Kris turned to look back, seeing a short brunette with kohl-rimmed eyes running to catch up.

    "Oh hey, Baekhyun," Chanyeol greeted with a smile. "What's up?"

    "Hi!" Baekhyun replied when he'd stopped in front of them, panting. "Hi."

    Kris glanced from Baekhyun to Chanyeol, not failing to notice the way that Baekhyun was looking at the other. Chanyeol gestured to Kris. "This is my friend Kris. Kris, this is the guy I mentioned before that drove Kai to the hospital." Kris nodded, now studying the shorter boy closely.

    "Nice to meet you." Baekhyun barely spared Kris a glance before shifting his gaze back to Chanyeol. "What are you doing right now?"

    "Nothing really, why?"

    "I'm bored! We should do something. I just got back from Psychic Club, and I swear we are making amazing progress! So I'm all hyped up now. You know, you should come to a meeting! It's a lot of fun!"

    Chanyeol grinned. "Yeah, maybe."

    "You should come too, Kris!"

    Kris pursed his lips, not saying anything for a moment. Finally he just said, "That's not really my scene."

    "That's not really my scene," Baekhyun mimicked, pulling a face that could only be his exaggerated impression of Kris's.

    If looks could kill, Baekhyun was sure he would've dropped dead right there. Looking at Kris's steely expression, the wide-eyed brunette was suddenly glad that Kris wasn't a member of Psychic Club. Baekhyun lowered his gaze to the floor, feeling very uncomfortable all of a sudden.

    "Yeol, I'm gonna get going. I'll see you around," Kris muttered before brushing past his friend on his way down the hall.

    Chanyeol waved goodbye and looked back at Baekhyun. "So what do you want to do?" he asked as he slung an arm across his shoulders, tugging him down the hall with him.

    Baekhyun was smiling again, kohl-rimmed eyes turning into crescents. "We could go stare at people as they walk by and try to read their thoughts! Or we could go shopping at the mall!"

    "Or we could go play video games." Chanyeol was already steering Baekhyun in the direction of his dorm.

    "Yeah, we could do that! Do you have Barbie Groom and Glam Pups? That game is the bomb!"

    "Uh..."

    "Oh! Or Grand Theft Auto! I like when the hookers come out at night and you beat them down!"

    "I was thinking we could play some Halo 4 War Games."

    "Yeah, that works too."

    "Ah, here we are." Chanyeol pushed open the door to his dorm, allowing Baekhyun to enter first before closing the door behind them. "Welcome to my humble abode."

    Baekhyun snorted and rolled his eyes, dropping down to rest on the couch opposite the TV. He watched as Chanyeol set up the game and scooted closer when Chanyeol finally moved to sit beside him on the couch. Chanyeol handed Baekhyun another controller, seemingly oblivious to the other's sudden close proximity.

    Chanyeol kicked the game off with the first kill mere seconds after its start. Baekhyun's character was crouched, easing his way slowly between rocks in a very out-of-the-way corner of the map. Baekhyun himself was inching himself even closer to Chanyeol on the couch.

    "You're good at this," Baekhyun murmured, peering at Chanyeol surreptitiously from the corner of his eye.

    Chanyeol merely hummed in response, focused on the game.

    "I wish I was as good as you. I bet you're... impressive when it comes down to it."

    Another distracted hum. Baekhyun's hand slipped boldly over Chanyeol's thigh, controller sitting idly in his free hand, and Chanyeol merely chuckled. "Yeah, you just try that," Chanyeol said, not taking his eyes off the screen. "Kai's tried just about everything. I'm a beast at this game. There's no use trying to throw me off."

    Baekhyun frowned. "What?"

    Chanyeol didn't respond, focused on maintaining his killing spree. Even Baekhyun the taller boy's unkempt hair didn't phase him. Chanyeol's cell phone vibrated on the coffee table in front of him, and Baekhyun frowned down at it. Chanyeol found himself looking at a respawn counter when he was shanked from behind by an energy sword-wielding spartan, so he took the opportunity to check his phone.

 

From: Miyoung
To: Chanyeol
hi there ^_^ what are you doing tonight? there's a party being thrown in the naboo dorm. interested?

 

    Oh sure, Baekhyun thought to himself. You'll look away for your damn phone. Chanyeol returned to playing, and Baekhyun jumped back into the fray with a new vengeance.

    "So it seems like almost every time I see you, you're with Kai..."

    "Mm? Yeah, he's one of my only friends here," Chanyeol replied easily.

    "He's pretty damn good looking."

    "Hm yeah, I guess he is."

    "I don't know if he's quite my type, though..."

    "Mm?"

    "I like tall guys."

    "Ah."

    A buzz alerted Baekhyun to a new text message, and he let out an exasperated sigh before looking away from the game to check it.

 

From: Tao
To: Baekhyun
Kris is so damn confusing. The counselor is seriously not helping any yet, Sehun gives really selfish advice, and my neighbor seems to be in a blues mood today. Can I come over?

 

From: Baekhyun
To: Tao
nope busy today. hangin with my channie and going to a party later tonight. sorry~ met kris though. scary. my advice? make new friends.

 

    "Okay, where was I?" Baekhyun muttered, getting back to the game and his conversation.

    "Mm?"

    "Oh, that's right. To be honest, Chanyeol, I think you're pretty damn hot."

    "Hm thanks."

    "And"

    Bzzt. Bzzt. Baekhyun sighed and watched as Chanyeol checked his phone again.

 

From: Kai
To: Chanyeol
gonna come by and get my stuff later. making real progress with the target ;P

 

    "So are you dating anyone?"

    "Dating? Like steady? No, not really."

    "What? What does that mean? Do youAre youWhat does that mean?"

    "Hm?"

    Bzzt. Bzzt. "Dammit!"

 

From: Kyungsoo
To: Baekhyun
I really don't know what to think of Kai. One minute he's just acting so strangely, and the next.... well, I could just really use your advice. Before the party tonight?

 

From: Baekhyun
To: Kyungsoo
yes later. busy

 

    "So anyway, what do you mean 'not really'?"

    Chanyeol lifted one shoulder in a half-shrug. "Lots of choices."

    "What?"

    "I haven't really settled on one."

    "What? YouIWhat?" Bzzt. Bzzt. "Mother fu..."

 

From: Kris
To: Chanyeol
btw, I hope you lose the roll tonight you loser

 

    Bzzt. Bzzt. "Seriously?"

 

From: Sehun
To: Baekhyun
hi hyung ^_^ wanna come help me clean my room? I can't find my soccer ball! how is that even possible???

 

    Chanyeol glanced over briefly when the log on the side of the screen began showing a drastically increased number of kills for Baekhyun.

    Bzzt. Bzzt.

 

From: Jooyeon
To: Chanyeol
hello~ :) are you busy tonight? there's a robots vs. aliens party tonight! would you like to go with me?

 

    By the time the next text arrived to Chanyeol's phone, Baekhyun was livid. He shamelessly leaned in to peer down at the screen as Chanyeol accessed the message, and could feel his blood boil at the sight of it.

 

From: Kai
To: Chanyeol
I'm so happy I would just kiss you right now if you were here! Your lucky boxers have served me well~

 

    My... That thieving rat-bastard, Chanyeol thought to himself, glaring down at his phone.

    "That is IT!" Baekhyun spat, lurching to his feet. He flipped the coffee table over in a rage and stormed out of Chanyeol's room.

    Chanyeol watched for only a moment as a previously half-full glass of grape juice seeped into the carpet, before returning his attention back to his nearly finished game.

    Woot. Win.

    A victorious smile appeared on his lips as he waited in queue for another game. Can't distract the master, es!

 


A/N

Please read my blog explaining what is going on with updates right now. I hope to get updates back on track soon...

This doesn't occur until after chapter 5 of Weird Doesn't Cover It, but it's all I have right now (read my blog), and I didn't want to leave this with only one chapter for so long. A lot of you aren't subscribed to the main story, anyway, so...

Anyway, thank you all for being patient and not leaving me :) I hope you enjoyed it, and I'd love to hear from you all! Tell me who your favorite characters are, who you just want to smack, your favorite lines, what you'd maybe like to see happen, anything!