1

MINE!

    When the Alderaan dorm building caught fire at three in the morning, everyone thought the blaring alarm was a cruel joke. That is, at least, until they encountered panicked residents of the third floor on their way down in the stairwell. Smoke flowed out of an open doorway, proof of the reality of the situation.

    "It's too ing early for this."

    "Whose room do you think it was?"

    "I dunno, but if it spreads to mine, I'm gonna be pissed."

    "I know, right? I've got a lot of on my computer! I don't wanna have to start all over."

    "How the hell does a fire start at three in the morning?"

    "Man, I wish I knew," Kai said, joining the conversation going on nearby. "What kind of idiot manages to set their dorm on fire?"

    "A special kind of idiot, I'd think. I'm tired as hell, and I've got a paper to write. I don't have time for this!"

    "Don't I know it! I was in the middle of getting some much needed beauty rest! I have a big test tomorrow!" Kai was abruptly pulled away from the two conversing students by a steady grip on his arm. He turned to see Chanyeol looking at him with a raised brow.

    "Really, Kai?" Chanyeol said in a low voice.

    "What?"

    "I think you're leaving out the part where you put your 'beauty rest' on hold so that you could go"

    "Hush, Yeollie. They might hear you."

    "Remind me why your genius friend here is staying in our dorm again?" Jongdae, Chanyeol's roommate, asked.

    "I gotta be there for my friends," Chanyeol replied with a grin, slinging an arm across Kai's shoulders, "even if they are safety hazards."

    "I'm a loveable safety hazard," Kai pouted at Jongdae. Jongdae just rolled his eyes.

    "Besides," Chanyeol added, "he's better with sleep."

    "Hey! Hey, guys! Heeeeeyy!" a boisterous voice called over the commotion. Chanyeol looked up to see a familiar looking brunette pushing his way toward them through the crowd. He had a grip on the wrist of another boy, who looked very nearly asleep on his feet. "Hey!" the impossibly energetic first boy greeted Chanyeol. "You're that guy, aren't you? From the coffee shop! You were rapping!"

    Chanyeol's face lit up in recognition and he nodded. "You were the singer! You helped me out!"

    "I'm Baekhyun. This is my roommate Sehun." When he said the last, he flicked on a flashlight that he had in his hand and shone it on his friend's face. Sehun looked less than amused and shoved Baekhyun away. Baekhyun, unphased, shifted the light beam to Kai, who was now leaning into Chanyeol's side with the taller boy's arm still across his shoulders. "You were one of the dancers, weren't you?"

    "Mm," Kai hummed, squinting his eyes in the light. "I go by Kai. Hey, you were with Kyungsoo, weren't you?"

    "Yep!" Baekhyun's starry gaze was still focused on Chanyeol, even as Kai pursued further conversation.

    "How long have you known him? Do you know him really well?"

    "Mm, yeah. He's my best buddy. Hey, you know what we should do?"

    "What?" Chanyeol asked, grinning at the clearly excited boy.

    "Dance party!" With that, Baekhyun started waving the flashlight around and flickering it rapidly, dancing wildly to music only he could hear. Music that he soon began making with his own mouth. Chanyeol pulled away from Kai and joined in the dancing, and Jongdae simply began inching his away from the people that he would later deny knowing. Kai considered joining in, but paused when he felt something on his shoulder. Sehun had found a new pillow.

    People near the impromptu dance party were, for the most part, unamused. Questions were still being passed around on the subject of what started the fire and who the idiot was that started it. Chanyeol, who found himself in surprisingly good spirits that night for having been woken up in the middle of a really great dream, would benevolently back up Kai's alibi for that night. Kai had been sleeping beside him the whole time. He couldn't possibly have been the moron who set the dorm on fire while heating up pizza rolls at three in the morning.


_____________________________________________________________

    When the fire had been put out and the damage assessed, students were let back into the building. Baekhyun, coming off an adrenaline high, dragged Sehun along with him toward their shared dorm room. The whole hall smelled like smoke. As the two boys made their way down the hall to their door, they noticed a campus cop in what they were sure were his boxers. Oddly enough, though, he did have on his utility belt.

    "God, I can't believe I had to get out of bed for this ," this complaint from an exasperated student seemed to catch the older man's attention.

    "Right? I have a presentation tomorrow. Dark circles are the last thing I need," was another student's grumbled response.

    "You wanna talk about dark circles? Mine are permanently tattooed into my skin. Why? 'Cause of punks like you!" The grumpy cop snapped at the two.

    "But we didn't"

    "If I ever get my hands on the brat that dragged me out here, I'm gonna use his for target practice."

    "Can you say that as a server of justice?"

    "Justice?" the cop's hand moved to his holster, where a firearm was secured. "This is Justice!"

    Baekhyun would bet that the word he could see scrawled across the side of the gun in magic marker read "Justice."

    "It's too warm," Sehun mumbled sleepily. "And it smells horrible."

    Baekhyun hummed in agreement and pulled the boy into their room, shutting the door to the crazies in the hallway. He went over and pulled a small duffel bag down from his closet. "Pack up some stuff. We can go crash at Suho's place. I'll call him."

    On their way back out of the dorm building, they spotted the cop again. This time, he was shuffling in their direction with his eyes drooping. Baekhyun let out a whistle as they passed, tugging Sehun along at a brisker pace when the man spun around.

    "DON'T THINK I WON'T SHOOT YOU, SON!"

    When the two boys knocked on the door of their friends' apartment, they were greeted by a bleary-eyed Kyungsoo. "Hey," the boy said, smiling drowsily. "I'm glad you're both okay. He led them into the living room, where a couple of blankets and pillows lay on the couch. "I figured someone could take the couch, and..."

    Sehun picked up a pillow and disappeared into Junmyeon's bedroom. Baekhyun smiled at Kyungsoo and settled himself down on the couch. "Thanks, Kyungsoo."

    "You know you're welcome here. Do you know how the fire started? Was the damage really bad?"

    Baekhyun shook his head. "It didn't look too bad. I think they put it out before it could spread to other rooms. I don't know how it started, though. We'll probably find out later. Oh, I met Kai and his friend from the other day. Chanyeol. He's cute."

    Kyungsoo smiled. "Oh?"

    "Mhm. He danced with me. It was pretty fun."

    "Oh, we're going out tomorrow night, right?"

    "Yeah. That new club opened up near here, and I wanna check it out." Baekhyun yawned and Kyungsoo chuckled.

    "Go on to sleep, Baek." Baekhyun lied down with his head on the pillow, and Kyungsoo covered him with a blanket. "Good night."

    "Night."

    "You have to tell me more about your new guy tomorrow."

    "I will."

 


A/N

I think this one is kinda short? I dunno. My chapter lengths vary a lot, depending on what I've got planned in that slot on my timeline. Tell me what you think, though! I love hearing from you guys. <3 And thanks to all my subscribers! Hugs to you all~

The idea for the grumpy campus cop wandering around in his underwear was given to me by Aithusa, my very lovely unofficial beta and wonderful friend. If you want to read some absolutely hysterical Super Junior crack drabbles, check out her series here.

Also, this story can of course be read on its own, but remember that some things may be referenced that you won't understand if you don't read the other story lines. This is my evil (ingenious?) way of trying to get everyone to read all three bwahahhaa. ahem. I think that the chapters for the side stories (this and the taoris one) may not be as long as the kaisoo chapters, since they were originally designed as complements to the main story, but that may change. Anyway, I'm rambling. Thanks for reading!