Tokyo Serendipity

Tokyo Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tokyo Serendipity
Chapter 8: Tokyo Serendipity

 

‘I was standing at the end of this aisle; behind me was an old huge door. Everybody’s eyes were at me. They were all murmuring as I walk down the red carpet. I look on my left; my arms were looped on my dad’s right arm. The place is so serene, the carpet was scattered with white rose petals. Near the altar, there is a guy standing, his back were facing us. I believe his my—groom and I’m his bride. Everything seems idealistic and I’m really happy about it.

My dad let go of my hand as we reached the altar. I stood there, waiting for my soon-to-be-husband to turn around. Slowly, he moved his body. I grinned; finally I’m going to see him. At a snail's pace, he creep his way to turn around, I look up and saw that my husband was—RYO-AKACHAN?!!!!!’

“Oi! Ellie! Wake up! You’re gonna’ be late on your first day!!!” Ryo shouted as he shook Ellie. He closed his eyes and leaned closer to the sleeping Ellie—planning to give her a morning kiss. Ellie opened her eyes widely, she tried to sit. But to their both mistake—they bumped into each others’ forehead.

“Itai! Itai!”Ryo cried, rolling on the bed.

She gasped. “Aww. That hurts! Ryo are you okay?” She asked, her hand was on her forehead.

“Yeah. I think so. How about you? What’s with ‘gasp’ thingy? I’m sorry.”

Ellie immediately hug Ryo. “I have a nightmare.”

“What nightmare? Don’t worry I’m here and you’re already awake.”

“I dreamt that I was getting married.”

“To me?”

“No. To Ryo-akachan.”

Ryo looked at her first then laughed to the fullest. He was holding his stomach until he can’t breathe. He fell on the floor and roll over, still he was laughing.

“See, I told you it’s a nightmare.”

He laughed. “That’s because you’re too much attach with Akachan! It’s a sign that, you must spend your quality time with me! Still, that’s the funniest dream I ever heard.”

“Yeah. Me too. Where is he anyway? Did you feed him?”

“I’ve finish feeding him. It’s your turn. Come on. Do you want to be late on your first day of work?” He said pulling her hands.

“Thank you for waking me up—or else I might get kissed by Ryo-akachan on my dream.”

---

“So I’m going to pick you up later?” Ryo opened the window of his car and asked Ellie who just went down from his car.

“The decision is yours. But I would be happy if you’ll do that. Bye!” She smiled and waved goodbye to him.

He waved goodbye at her too and started to drive away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She walked inside, looking around. She was very nervous that she felt it was her first day in school. The building was furnished with plain white walls. Translucent windows are everywhere. Pictures were hanged on the walls that don’t have any windows. It was very bright even though the lights were off—‘typical studio’ she muttered.

“Hey Ellie!” Kaku Tomohiro yelled as he walked down the staircase.

“Hey.” She replied walking closer to him.

“I see you’re already looking around. Come with me, I’m going to introduce you with our other friends.” Tomohiro-san escorted her to the other room. She saw two girls and two boys.

“This is Kaoru-chan.” He said, as he held the chubby girl’s shoulder. “She’s in-charge of the make-up for our models.”

“This is, Yumi-chan, Kaoru-chan’s assistant. Sometimes, she can be our editor too. She’s the master of editing and printing our pictures.” He points on the girl who is wearing thick glasses.

“Those two guys… That is Jiro and Koji—ugh. I don’t know their purpose here.”

“Hey we heard that!!!”

He chuckled. “Just kidding. They’re my assistant. Sometimes, they can be our janitor too.” He winked at the three young girls.

“Hey! We heard that AGAIN!”

Everybody laughed. Tomohiro-san faced Ellie and introduced them to the two girls. “This is Ellie. Elisha Yu. Starting today, she’ll be working with us.”

“Hello.” She said. She offers her hand to Kaoru and Yumi and they gladly shook them.

---

“Flowers for Ms. Elisha Yu!” The postman shouted. Ellie skipped towards the reception area. She was stunned to see a bouquet of pink tulips. “Please sign here. Thank you.”

“Wow! Ellie-chan! On your first day of work, you already got a present.” Kaoru-chan said in between taking a zip on her coffee.

“I bet it’s from her boyfriend.” Yumi-chan teased.

“Thank you.” Ellie said after returning the pen. The postman passed her the flowers and left. She saw a small envelope and silently read its content:

To my Ellie Yu,
Good luck on your first day!
I know you’ll do your best.
I hope these flowers will be your lucking charm.
See you later.
I love you. <3

PS: Pink tulips means ‘caring’
And I really cared for you the most.
I hope you feel the same way for me too.

From your,
Nishikido Ryo

Even though she heard it many times from him, her heart never fails to beat. Reading and hearing him say those three magical words.

“Oh my God! Are you dating Nishikido Ryo?!” Kaoru shrieked after reading Ryo’s name on the letter.

“WHAAT! NISHIKIDO RYO of NEWS?!!!!”

Ellie turned around and saw Kaoru and Yumi trembling, and was steadfast looking at the note and bouquet. Ellie just let out a fake cackle. The way she laughed understands that she’s very an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter