Consequence

Tokyo Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tokyo Serendipity
Chapter 17: Consequence

 

Ellie was busy browsing the printed pictures. She’s thinking of Ryo, that she started to sing her current favorite song aloud.

“You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away”

“What a wonderful voice you have… Are you Ms. Elisha Yu?” She heard an unfamiliar voice which gave her goose bumps. She turned around and saw a man standing in front of her wearing eyeglasses and a formal suit—typical office outfit.

“Yeah? Are you here to have your ID picture taken?” She asked seriously. But deep inside of her, she laughed on her small joke that she really meant.

“Can we talk?” Ellie swallowed hard and thought, ‘I don’t go out with people twice my age.’

The old man chuckled. “I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Saito Tomita, secretary of Johnny Kitagawa.”

“Who’s Johnny Kitagawa?”

---

Knock
Knock

Massu opened the door and said, “Johnny-san?”In a low voice, he peeked first. His friends were behind him—a little bit nervous by this sudden call.

“Come in boys.” They sat down on the black leather couch, in front of his table. One by one started to scratch their hair, eyebrow—annoyed nervous, mix emotion.

“History makes an interesting way to repeat itself, eh? You’re here again, on my office. But the distinction is; different guy this time.” Everybody look at Yamapi. He gulped nervously and shrugged. “Where’s your obstinate friend by the way?” Kitagawa asked looking through his glass window.

Everyone is bewildered with his question. “Ryo?” asked by Koyama. “Uh… He’s at his home, r-resting maybe.”

“Are you sure about that? Or maybe he’s on a date with his photographer SLASH patissier girlfriend?”

He laughed fretfully. “Nishiki-chan, doesn’t have a girlfriend.” Tesshi immediately responded. He was nervous that he might spill it about Ryo’s secret.

“Oh… really? Then, who’s this? His clone?!” he threw the pictures in front of them. They picked it up, and saw random pictures of Ryo and Ellie talking, walking, and kissing. It was taken at random dates, ever since Ellie came at Japan. What catches their attention was the picture that has the same date of Yamapi’s birthday. “Or, maybe Japan has already invented a robot that exactly looks like Nishikido?”

---

Knock
Knock

“Sir, Ms. Yu is here.” Mr. Tomita said partly shouting. Everybody look at the door and was flabbergasted to see Ellie. Shige jostle Massu and whispered, “What is she doing here?” He just shrugged as his answer. Ellie was standing behind the couch, uncomfortably.

“What do you want from me?” She asked calmly, though her question sounds irritated. Her heart was pounding very fast. She was looking at Kitagawa who was mutely sitting on his chair.

“We just like to ask you some question.” His secretary spoke.

“About what?!”

“Kitagawa-san, wants to know about your real relation with Nishikido-kun.”

“Shut your pile hole, Mr. Secretary! Why are you answering my questions? I’m not talking to you! Stupid!” Ellie shouted looking at his secretary’s eyes. News members were shocked to hear it from her; and their quite happy about it. No one has ever done that.

“My. My. Did your parents raise you like that? Having an impious tongue?”

“My parents aren’t involved in this conversation. It’s only between us. I don’t get it, why are you snooping on our personal matter? They’re only here to work.”

“I know that. But maybe, it’s you who don’t know that fact. Personal matter shouldn’t invade their work. And it’s on the agreement. I guess you’re the one, who’s interfering with my business… Anyway, since I like your cupcakes I’m giving you two choices. It’s either you left or stay... if you stay, you know the consequence. If you leave, everybody will be at peace especially your dear Nishikido.”

“Why are you blackmailing us?!” Ellie exclaimed. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter