Chapter 5

Fearless

Chapter 5

Date: 12/01/2013

Mission: -

 

It was past seven in the evening and Sunhye's stomach started grumbling. Utterly famished, Sunhye left the library and headed for the cafeteria.

 

The cafeteria was filled with trainees who had just finished their classes. The juniors made way for Sunhye as a form of respect as she was a senior and one of the most experienced of them all.

 

Sunhye grabbed her tray and sighed. Everyday was the same ever since Suho disappeared. It felt somewhat monotonous. She missed the times they shared together, just sitting down and talking. Sunhye reminisced those times and blinked back those tears that were threatening to fall.

 

A soft pat on her shoulder shook her awake from her thoughts. A timid looking girl looked up at her with big, scared looking eyes.

 

"Unnie, you're h-holding up the q-queue,” she stammered.

 

Sunhye mouthed a small 'o' and nodded before walking to the gap in the queue in front of her. She has been daydreaming again.

 

*I must be out of it.* she thought.

 

Sunhye shuffled to the array of platters of food spread on the table. The meals in EXODUS were laid out, buffet style. Each food was very healthy and ensured that the trainees and assassins get the best nutrition.

 

Absentmindedly, she took a small bowl of rice with chili paste, some glass noodles and a cup of bitter gourd. Then, she made her way to an empty table.

 

Not long after, someone plopped into the seat beside and across her. She snapped out of her daydream and looked up. It was DO and Sehun. She gave a small smile.

 

"Hey y. Since when did you like bitter gourd?" Kyungsoo asked as he threw her a heart-stopping smile.

 

Sunhye looked down in surprise. She had indeed taken bitter gourd, one of the side dishes she despised. She sighed and gave DO the cup of bitter gourd.

 

"What's wrong? You seem gloomy,” questioned Sehun, concerned.

 

"I'm fine. Just a little tired that's all." Sunhye mumbled.

 

Sehun shook his head at Sunhye's reply and began to eat.

 

He knew her long enough to know that something was wrong with her. He admired her will to stay strong even though she was faced with such challenging obstacles. She was such a role model, almost perfect in every way. She was pretty, gutsy, strong (emotion wise), smart and had a billion other amazing characteristics. The only flaw she had was her temper but everything else made up for that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was 2 in the morning. Sunhye couldn’t sleep. She had too much on her mind. The last words of her brother rang through her ears. His voice was like a sharp stab in her heart. The voice almost seemed like it was taunting her, reminding her that her brother was gone and it was all her fault.

 

All of a sudden, her room door creaked open. Sunhye stiffened. Who would come into her room so late at night?

 

The side of her bed suddenly dipped, indicating that someone was there. The mysterious person started humming a song and a hand gently her head.

 

“You don’t have to bottle all your emotions inside. Its okay to release them once in a while.” the mysterious person said.

 

Sunhye’s eyes widened and her tensed body relaxed immediately. It was Sehun! She turned around to face him.

 

“How did you know I was still awake?” Sunhye asked inquisitively.

 

“Idiot, I’ve known you for ages. You would usually be up all night if you have something on your mind. I know you. You seemed really distant during dinner.”

 

Sunhye kept quiet and broke the eye contact between them.

 

“You were thinking about your brother, weren’t you?”

 

At that moment, Sunhye knew she could not hold her tears in any longer. The tears rolled down her cheeks like rivulets. The pillow muffled her agonized sobs.

 

The cold exterior Sunhye built days ago was shattered that night. Sehun was there to see it all. She was not the brave and strong person he had seen the day before, during the mission. Her outer shell broke, to reveal a vulnerable, broken girl who blames herself for her brother’s death.

 

Sehun pulled Sunhye into a sitting position and embraced her in his arms. Sunhye sobbed quietly into his chest, soaking his shirt with her tears in the process. Sehun began humming a song to calm her down.

 

Gradually, Sunhye managed to stop crying. With tear-stained face, she looked up to face Sehun.

 

“You won’t leave me right?”

 

“No, I won’t.” Sehun reassured.

 

“Promise me that. I’ve lost a brother, my best friend. I can’t bear to lose you or Baekhyun. I have nothing to live for, if you two are gone.” Sunhye whispered, her eyes drooping slowly.

 

“I promise that I will never leave you. I’m sure Baekhyun would promise you the same thing.”

 

With those assuring words, Sunhye fell asleep.

 


 

Wheeeee this was so cliche, I know. But I like a little bit of fluff now and then. I also like making you guys guess who she would fall for in the end heheh. Its too early to tell now though. Anyway, EXO IS HAVING A COMEBACK HELLZYEAH. Hi Kai and Suho and Sehun and Baek and Luhan and all u other y beasts ILY :3 If you are a new reader, HI :D I hope you liked my story so far heheh. Yeah this is quite a long chapter. 600+ words.

Anyway, who is good at making posters? Whoever is good at making it can you make me one please? Thank you :bb Peace ∞

 

;

 

Pika