Chapter 1

Fearless

 


Chapter 1

Date: 10/01/2013

Mission: Spy on INFINITE's alliance gang, TEENTOP
 
Sunhye darted across the hallway of TEENTOP headquarters, throwing daggers at the men who were most probably hired to kill her. The dagger narrowly missed her target's head by mere centimeters. She scowled in annoyance. Her skills must be slipping.
 
She turned forward and began running, trying to find an exit. Suddenly, a handful of daggers whizzed past her. One landed on her arm, cutting the flesh. She hissed in pain and pulled out the dagger out of her arm before aiming it at her killers once again. Fortunately, it stabbed one of them in the leg.
 
Sunhye ran as fast as she could, till she could run no more. She stopped to catch her breath at a crossroad in the hallways. The killers would be here at any minute. She was sure of it.
 
She scanned around, trying to find a place to recover for a while. Then she looked up. There was a vent in the ceiling. She sighed in relief.
 
Carefully, she tied a hook to a rope and threw it on the air vent. Fortunately, it hooked onto the grilles. She climbed the rope before reaching the top and pushing the air vent cover to the side so that she can hide in the vent for a while.
 
Sunhye then tied up the rest of her rope and kept it in her backpack. Then, she closed the cover of the vent, concealing herself from the people below.
 
She leaned on the wall of the vent, catching her breath. She looked down at her arm to see a deep and ugly gash. Bright red blood gushed out of the gaping wound.
 
Sunhye took out some antiseptic and dabbed it on her arm. She gritted her teeth, trying to supress the pain. Then, she wrapped her whole arm tightly in a bandage.
 
There is no way she can go against those men now. She needed backup.
 
As quietly as she could, she whispered into her microphone.
 
"Sunhye to Baekhyun. Sunhye to Baekhyun. Is anyone there?"
 
The line crackled for a moment before a gentle voice answered.
 
"Yes, I'm here. What seems to be the problem?"
 
"I am in a little predicament. There are a few men chasing after me, most probably INFINITE's men. I am not in the best condition right now. I have a pretty deep slash wound on my arm and I may be immobile for a while. Can you send some backup?"
 
"I'm sorry, there is no one available now. The rest are getting ready to lay an ambush on INFINITE's finance headquarters. I am at EXODUS though, helping them hack the security system."
 
Sunhye groaned. 
 
"I can help you escape though. Where are you now?" he asked.
 
"In a vent."
 
From EXODUS, Baekhyun tracked Sunhye's location in the TEENTOP building. Then, he ran through the vent system.
 
"So from where you are, if you crawl to the right, go straight then turn to the right again, you should find an opening at the end. The opening leads to an abandoned warehouse. I sent Sehun there to pick you up. The others would be able to manage without him."
 
Sunhye thanked him and followed his instructions. Unfortunately, the way to the end of the vent wasn't an easy one, due to her arm. Her arm kept grazing the walls of the vent, making her hiss in pain each time. After what seemed like eons of crawling and pain, she finally reached the end.
 
She pushed open the vertical grilles and peered out. True enough, she was in an abandoned warehouse. The vent was at least 3 meters above the ground. She looked down to find Sehun smirking at her.
 
"Got here early huh?" Sunhye called from above.
 
"Well yeah. To save your from trouble." Sehun rolled his eyes.
 
"What trouble?" Sunhye scoffed.
 
"Your injury?"
 
"It is just a small one." She deadpanned.
 
"Whatever. Get down here now."
 
Sunhye slid out of the vent, head first, before landed on Sehun's arms.
 
"Small injury huh?" Sehun smirked whole looking at Sunhye's bloodied, bandaged arm.
 
Sunhye narrowed her eyes at Sehun and flicked his forehead.
 
"Whatever."
 

Unedited for now.