TWO

Fiction and Fact (inspired from B2st’s song, FICTION)

 

The girl is running the tip her fingers on the keys, teasing him.

 

‘’Should I do it, or should I don’t?’’, she is enjoying it. His annoyed face is the best. He looks the cutest with that expression.

 

‘’Erm.. What do you think I should do?’’

 

‘’Please stop it. You know how much I hate the teasing? Can you please just do it?’’

 

 ‘’What will I get if I do as you said?’’

 

‘’If you play, I promise to love you more.’’

 

The girl blushed. He always knew the words that could made her heart jump. She was really happy.

 

‘’Okay I’ll do it but I’m still not very good at it. I always mess up in the middle.’’

 

She then sat on the chair and after taking a deep breath, she lightly hit the first key.

 

Junhyung was standing at the side of the piano with his hand on top of it. Looking at her face while she was playing the piano was a form of happiness that he would never exchange for anything in the world. She was his all.

 

It was a serenade created by him for her. He taught her how to play it because it’s his wish when he created the song. The song was the symbol of his love for her. When she played the song, it also symbolized she has accepted his love as well.

 

The serenade gave the warm feeling to the listener. It was just like his feeling, how he felt when he was with her. The serenade was special. It was just for them. Only for them.

 

She had finished playing it. She lifted her head to see his face.

 

His eyes were closed. He looked very calm, very serene. She understood the feeling as she also felt the same. The atmosphere was really peaceful.

 

‘’Well,’’ Junhyung broke the silent, ‘’you have improved a lot. You didn’t even mess up the middle part anymore.’’ He said as he slowly walked away from the piano toward his work desk.

 

 ‘’Of course I’ve improved. I’ve been playing the song every single day since it was created.’’

 

‘’Are you complaining, dearest? Are you sick of it already?’’ he was leaning at the desk edge while looking at her. He showed a slight smile of tease. He wanted to see her reaction after his remarks.

 

‘’Of course not! How could you say that?’’ she stood up and pace toward him.

 

‘’Keke, I were just teasing you. It’s a payback for your teased earlier.’’

 

She pouted at him. He was smiling rather broadly. Her reactions were so predictable. That made him fall for her even more.

 

‘’Dear, don’t be mad. I was joking.’’

She smiled a bit. She could never be mad at him. He was too sweet.

‘’Oppa,’’ she walked toward him then slowly place her head on his shoulder, ’’you always say that if I played the song, you promise to love me even more. But honestly oppa, if you don’t promise me that, I will still play it for you oppa, as I am truly sincerely in love with you.’’

 

She paused for a while. She could hear her heart increasing pace and his too.

 

‘’For your love toward me, I’ll always believe in you. I know there’s no one that will love me just the way you do.’’

 

Junhyung felt blessed to hear what she had said.

 

‘’Thanks, Boyoung. You don’t how it meant for me to hear you say that.’’

 

He placed his hand around her as a gesture showing his appreciation.

 

‘’I think I do, oppa. I think I do.’’

 

Then both of them stayed in that position for a while. Appreciating each other company. Sharing each other warmth as it was cold outside. The dark sky was crying.

 

 

 

====

 

 

‘’Oppa, wait! Could you slow down! Oppa!’’

 

He kept on walking with increasing speed in the rain. He was so angry. He was really mad at her. How could she do it in front of every stranger in the pub. What was she thinking?

 

The girl was still trailing close behind, still begging for him to stop.

 

‘’Oppa, stop! Please sto..’’

 

Then he suddenly stopped. She bumped her nose onto his back. While touching her aching nose she froze on the spot, an inch further from him. She knew he was mad at her but she did know why he was angry? What had she done that cause him to act this way?

 

‘’Oppa, what have I done to cause you to act like this? What’s wrong oppa?’’

 

Then he turned around, fixing his eyes at the girl that minutes ago betrayed him. She betrayed his sincerity, his love.

 

“What have you done you ask? You knew so don’t act dumb!’’

 

‘’What? Oppa, I don’t understand what’s wrong. I don’t think I knew either. Could please explain oppa?’’

 

Her hair, clothes are soaked as she was standing in the rain facing the person who she had loved the most. Her makeup was ruined but she didn’t care. What matters the most now was to deal with him.

 

‘’You played it. Our song. You played it in the pub in front of those strangers.’’

 

She was taken aback but still didn’t get the picture.

 

‘’Yes I did. I played it for a show, oppa. It was just a show.’’

 

‘’There were so many songs in the world that you could play for the show but you still choose to play our serenade? Do you know how much you have hurt my pride by playing that song?’’

 

He still remembers the kind of faces the men showed when she was serenading them with his song. He felt like he caught her cheating on him with hundreds of strangers because the song is meant for him. Only he could hear her play it.

 

‘’Oppa, that song is special to me, it is special to us. I don’t think expressing our love to public will hurt your pride.’’

 

‘’That song is mine. I own it. Just like I own you.’’

 

‘’You don’t own me oppa. I’m not a possession. I’m your girlfriend.’’ Her eyes started to became teary. His voice’s tune and words was harsh and it’s hurting her.

 

His eyes was still piercing her. She was also staring at him. He, just like her, was soaked. But he didn't care. She was hurting him.

 

‘’Girlfriend huh. Whatever. You’re a betrayer. I don’t think I could ever forgive you if someone ever plagiarize that song and claim it as theirs. It was all thanks to you, my GIRLFRIEND.’’

 

He left immediately after saying those cruel words. Living her confuse and hurt.

 

‘Why Junhyung became like this. Where’s his sweet warm side gone to’ her mind was floating with this thought.

 

‘’Is the song was more important, oppa? Even more important than me?’’ she shouted at him but he was too far away to hear her.

 

A betrayer. He called her a betrayer.

 

The rain is still pouring. Hiding the tears she shed. The dark sky is crying again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Keke, I know the story was kinda slow but but but.. I will try my best next time.. Sorry for any wrong grammar. I know some out there couldn't stand such language imperfectness.. mianhae..

Thanks for reading, subscribing and comment.. I really appreciate it.^^