Chapter 3 - Rooms

In that Young Detective's Hands

 

"You're Kim Jee In'ssi, you're the youngest artist from the entertainment."

Jee In jumped in delight. "That's right! That's right! I just debuted four months ago! Though, I'm not that famous yet but, I'm getting there."

The boy only nodded and turned his attention to another girl. "You must be Shim Gyeong Eun, right?"

The girl looked at him, uninterested, until she chuckled in amusement. "I'm not surprised that you know us. Besides, I'm not new like her." she pointed to Jee In.

Yoona became bored and took her luggage and went ahead. Taemin watched her cautiously before grabbing his things. "Is this why dad didn't want me to join?" he asked himself.

Jee In took her luggage as well and went up after checking out the living room. Gyeong Eun was left alone as she watched the fireplace in awe.

 

"There's a Jacuuuuuzziiiii....." Seo Eun stared in shock at the room before her. Jae Hyun stood next to her. 

"First Blood?" he smirked at her. "Game On." she smirked back and that's when they raced up to their rooms.

Little did they know, when the Artists touched their doorknobs, they jolted as they felt electricity flowing through their hands.

"What the heck!?" Amber complained.

"Who did this!?" Juniel turned to everyone. But when Juniel said that, everyone, before Taemin, looked over at Jee In, who also got electrocuted.

Jee In felt the stares from them and felt a bit sudden and more on upset for assuming it was her. "I-I.. I didn't do it!"

Taemin twisted the doorknob again and nothing happened. "Oh-" he entered that made the others follow as well.

"Maybe it was a... test?" Hyoyeon tilted her head before entering her room. Taemin knew what it was all about. He didn't put any CCTV, but an advanced tracking device attached inside person's body permanently. T&T has all the advanced technology without the outsiders knowing.

 

Seo Eun entered the room and froze when she spotted Jae Hyun already in the Jacuzzi.

Jae Hyun smiled at her cute little outfit before stating, "Why are girls so slow to change?"

Seo Eun rolled her eyes as she turned around. "Whatever. I'm off."

That left him dumbfounded. "W-Wait! That doesn't mean you can't join!" he blushed as he said that.

She turned to him as she narrowed her eyes. "You're a guy, Jun." she used his stage name.

"So what, Byul?" he retorted with a grin as he used her stage name.

Seo Eun chuckled. "Alright, you asked for it." she said as she jumped in the Jacuzzi.

Jae Hyun was stunned. "Yah! You idiot! This is not a pool!" he scolded her.

She pushed her hair back as she laughed at his expression. "Sorry"

He smiled at her in adoration without her realizing it.

 

The others explored the house with Kris and Luhan searching for the hidden CCTVs. Taemin didn't want to be suspicious to why he only stayed in his room, which he does to activate their tracking devices, so he came along.

"There's like what, 5 floors? Who owns this house anyway?" Sulli scratched her head.

"Maybe it just belonged to the detectives." Taemin suggested.

Gongchan thought of something and suggested. "Or abandoned.." 

All of them looked at him, especially Taemin who was left in shock and eyed him in curiosity.

Gongchan held his hands up. "What? I'm just lost to the puzzle as well as you guys..."

 

"So the ground floor is where the living room, the dining room, and the kitchen are. Moreover, we can't even get out of the house." Suzy declared.

"We can't or we're not allowed?" Sulli asked. "I think it's both.." Yoona replied her.

 

"The second floor is where all our rooms are located. Not to mention each room has their own bathroom." Leeteuk inserted his hands inside his pockets.

"Wait.. doesn't that mean we're wasting too much water or are we actually using sea water?" Kwangmin asked.

Youngmin showed a face of disgust. "I hope the detectives got that covered."

 

"Third floor, there is the Jacuzzi, Theater room, Bar, Library, and the Game room. Woah~ This house has everything!" Sooyoung exclaimed.

"Maybe they were just observing us." Juniel told them. "Yeah, I guess this is not so bad." Gyeong Eun smiled.

 

"Fourth... floor.. the big Dance Studio!" the twins squealed.

"Okay! That is wicked!" Hyoyeon jumped.

"Okay, Now I'm feeling much better!" Jee In clapped her hands after her long silence from earlier.

"Dance Studio?" Taemin's ears perked up.

 

"Rooftop.. uhem.. Greenhouse." Baro only nodded as if it's already obvious.

Kris chuckled that caught their attention. "What is this? Did they think that we're actually gonna jump from here to escape?"

They can smell the fresh flowers but since the rooftop was covered, they weren't able to view the city until..

"Hey, there's the door." Taemin suddenly said. He noticed how they felt uncomfortable. No matter how the house has many rooms, they still felt they were in a prison.

"Door?" All of them looked at him. Taemin tried to open the door but failed. Leeteuk and Kris tried breaking the door down but after a while, it wouldn't budge.

"Something's fishy here..." the young detective eyed the door.

"Hey guys.." Hyoyeon stopped them. "I think the detectives intended to lock that door completely."

"But I didn't ask them to.." Taemin said in his mind.

All of them agreed and headed downstairs. "Alright who's cooking! Not me!" Suzy raised her hand.

Eventually, the last one to raised their hand was Jonghyun. "No way..." he groaned.