I forgive you

Beautiful People

Kibum awoke to the swaying of a carriage accompanied by the sound of horse hooves stomping the ground, with the wind howling all around him and no one else around. He sat up slowly from his laying position on the seat, his body slightly sore, and looked out of the window, finding himself in the middle of the forest travelling at an incredible speed. Kibum felt a little afraid that they would crash into one of the trees as the closed carriage was rather big with it’s two double seats facing each other and doors on either side. There was also a small shutter in the wall behind the drivers seat. A little disoriented he leaned forward to open the shutter and speak to the driver. Something fell out of his lap and he looked down confusedly to see a glimmer on the floor. With a skip of his heart he realized that it was Jonghyun's pendant and bent down to pick it up immediately, clutching it as if it was as dear as Jin.

Jonghyun you colossal idiot.

He stumbled forward to open the window to the driver, but it was stuck in place and he shook it angrily without getting a better result.

“Hello?” He shouted to be heard over the blowing wind and pulled with all his might at the handle of the shutter. “Stop this carriage, please!”

Suddenly it flew open and Kibum was thrown backwards, hitting his head on the seat. He rubbed it with a grimace and stood up to go speak to the driver again.

The only problem was, there was no driver. All Kibum could see through the window was the horses’ backs running at full speed on the narrow pathway that would most likely lead him back home. He cursed and balanced his way over to one of the doors. Of course it decided to be stuck as well and Kibum trashed and kicked at it.

Why couldn’t something work in his favor for once?

Just as he finished that thought he found himself in free-fall for a short moment before he landed hard on the ground, loosing all the breath he had in him. The carriage continued on and soon it was out of sight. Coughing he sat up with a groan and checked for any broken bones. Upon finding that he didn’t have any he stood unsteadily and made his way back, hoping he wasn’t too far away. As much as his limbs protested after the fall he started running, thoughts about being too late flying through his mind.

Jonghyun was in danger. There was no one there to help him anymore and he had sent Kibum away to save him. Kibum increased his speed. If he didn’t get back in time something terrible was bound to happen. Jonghyun would forever become something neither of them wanted if he didn’t make it. Kibum didn’t even want to imagine the possibilities.

He arrived at the gates sooner than he had expected. To his surprise, he could enter without much difficulties and he bolted up the front yard to the big wooden doors. He didn’t meet any hardships in entering there either and quietly slipped inside, scanning the surroundings.

It was eerily quiet and dark. It had been like that before but somehow it was more sinister this time. The wind was making it sound like the house was wailing and Kibum shivered, goose bumps forming on his arms. There was no one in sight and Kibum almost cried at the thought of never seeing them again.

Why did the only people he actually liked and cared about have to disappear?

After hesitating for a fraction of a second he made his way up the stairs. Jonghyun was bound to be around here somewhere. Lightwood was too obsessed with him to let him disappear.

Kibum had a hunch of where he was and went up to the third floor. He opened every door he could and his heart sank a little every time he found nothing but overturned furniture and blackness. As the last door swung open Kibum's heart stopped and he let out a small gasp.

Jonghyun was lying on his back in the middle of a large room, black shadows welling around him like a protective shield. Lightwood was nowhere to be seen and Kibum didn’t give himself time to be scared, running towards the man on the floor. He knew Lightwood would have only weakened Jonghyun to stop him from escaping or killing him, but he couldn’t help but worry. Jonghyun looked as dead as one could be. He threw himself down on his knees when he reached Jonghyun's side and pulled him up into his arms.

“Jonghyun?” He whispered, his pale face.

His eyelids fluttered and he opened them to look into Kibum's eyes.

“Kibum?” He said in a raspy voice and with chapped lips. “Why…?”

“My cat’s still here.”  Kibum smiled a small smile. “What do you think?”

Jonghyun managed a chuckle and then groaned in pain. Kibum's face fell.

“Did you really think I would just leave you like that?” he demanded, feeling tears pool in his eyes.

“That’s why…” Jonghyun said weakly. “I knocked… you out.”

“Idiot.” Kibum whispered. “You idiot.”

“Well, well, well,” a voice behind them said and Kibum jumped, jostling Jonghyun and making him let out another groan of pain. “Even though Jonghyun went to such lengths to save you, you’re still going to cause him more pain than I ever did.”

Lightwood appeared in front of them, looking furious at the very sight of Kibum.

“As much as I’d like to keep him from being unhappy, I will have to kill you right here, right now.”

Kibum felt how Jonghyun tensed in his arms and tried to sit up but he kept him in place.

“Don’t.” He whispered to him.

Jonghyun looked up at him with pleading eyes. “Please Kibum, run.”

Kibum shook his head. The tears that had gathered in his eyes spilled over. He knew he was being beyond selfish but he couldn’t leave Jonghyun. Not now, not ever. Jonghyun reached up with a shaky and to brush away the tears.

“Stop it!” Lightwood screamed. “Why?! Just why?! Why do you give your all to someone who is bound to inflict you more pain than I ever will?! Why can’t you choose me, your best friend?! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!”

“Never.” Jonghyun said and shook his head. His voice was filled with so much hatred that Kibum wanted to cry for him, which he was doing already.

Lightwood looked ready to explode and everything in the room started to lose its color, as all it’s energy was into Lightwood’s body in his rage making the walls rumble and the floor shake. Kibum clutched Jonghyun tighter to his chest, trying to protect him. Then Lightwood let out a scream so loud and blood curling that Kibum's eardrums threatened to explode and the skin on his arms contracted, giving him enough goose bumps to last a year. Just as he thought his ears would start to bleed and his skin would crack, everything stilled. The world around them had become frozen and Kibum's breath came out in small clouds. Jonghyun coughed and Kibum tried to give him his body warmth by tightening his arms around him, waiting for Lightwood’s next move. But when nothing happened, except for Lightwood staring at his own open hands with disbelief, Kibum looked down at Jonghyun questioningly.

“He can’t break us apart.” He murmured watching Lightwood closely. “Which means he can’t kill you.”

Lightwood looked up at them, eyes burning. “Why is it not working?!”

Jonghyun lifted himself slightly to glare at him.

“Because it’s different with Kibum.” He growled. “He is not like her.”

They stared at each other. Kibum had no idea of what was going to happen or of what he was supposed to do. To his relief Lightwood looked away after a few seconds.

“Fine.” He said in a broken voice. “If I can’t win this, I’ll take you with me in my fall.”

Kibum didn’t have the time to think or react before Lightwood’s whole being erupted in an explosion of light and darkness. But it didn’t make any sound as he had expected, instead the silence it brought was even more ear deafening than his scream had been.

Jonghyun acted fast and had Kibum shielded behind him, back to back, within milliseconds. Kibum curled up and pressed his hands against his ears. He felt like he was being pressured from every direction possible into a compact little ball and his head hurt so much that he thought his brain would stop working altogether.

Then everything disappeared and Kibum felt how both he and Jonghyun collapsed as the pressure lifted. Although Kibum would have liked to lie on the floor for all eternity he forced himself into an upright position. Jonghyun was more important than his exhaustion at the moment.

He turned around and found Jonghyun lying on his side with his back towards him. He crawled over to him on all four, turning him over and pulling him up in his arms once again.

“Jonghyun?” he asked for the second time that night.

But this time there was no response at all from the limp body in his arms. He bent down and put his ear to Jonghyun's mouth. He wasn’t breathing.

“Jonghyun!” Kibum said in an alarmed voice. He put a hand over Jonghyun's heart but there was no beating. “Jonghyun, don’t you dare!”

Kibum bit his lip to not start crying loudly. This couldn’t be happening. A few choked sobs escaped his lips and tears ran down his face.

“You can save him.” A bodiless voice rung through the silence, inside his head and all around the room.

Kibum looked around. He knew that voice.

“Sekyung?”

“The song, Kibum.” She said.

Kibum looked at the dust particles swirling in the moonlight, trying to find Sekyung and feeling slightly confused. All of a sudden he remembered the song he had heard in his dream clearly. It was suddenly stuck in his head for some reason, screaming at him and going on repeat. He bent down and pressed his forehead against Jonghyun's.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. “But I’m not going to let you go just yet.”

Then he kissed his lips lightly before he closed his eyes and put a hand to Jonghyun's chest, his heart beating wildly.

 

Roses of the past

Roses of the future

Make this hope last

And give a life to nurture

 

Help piece this broken soul together

A soul that is undone

It is light, much more than a feather

But it must not blow away and be gone

 

Kibum opened his eyes again slowly and looked down at Jonghyun. Nothing. Not the slightest whisper of a breath.

“Am I too late?” He asked straight out in a quivering voice, dreading the answer.

Just as the words left his mouth a wind started up. It wasn’t as strong and hurtful as Lightwood’s had been, it didn’t even have ay color. There was just a slightly warm breeze flowing through the room, rustling his hair and clothes gently. Then Jonghyun started do dissolve, becoming transparent and Kibum suddenly had no weight in his arms anymore although he clearly still saw Jonghyun in them.

Just as he was about to grip Jonghyun tighter, trying to keep him from disappearing, he was abruptly pulled backwards. Kibum looked behind him, his heart flying up in his throat in shock. Minho and Jinki had a tight grip around his upper arms and all the others were standing behind them in a line, forming a wall of transparent people. How they managed to even grab Kibum was beyond him, since they looked even more transparent than Jonghyun did, but Kibum forgot to worry about that almost immediately when he realized hat Jonghyun would also soon disappear like the rest of them had. He trashed and kicked and screamed for them to let go, but they steadily kept pulling him until they were behind the wall of people, or ghosts, not letting go of him even then.

“You can’t go to him.” A voice in his ear said. Kibum stopped and turned to see Taemin at his side. “It could kill you.”

Kibum looked at him with big eyes, suddenly stuck in-between wanting to hug Taemin and needing to get to Jonghyun.

“I’m so sorry.” Taemin said, looking teary. “I think this is goodbye.”

There were a mumble of ‘sorry’s and ‘goodbye’s from all around as everyone he had gotten to know were saying their last words to him. Kibum felt his whole body start to shake and he ran to the wall of transparent people, trying to get past them in an attempt to get to Jonghyun.

“Jonghyun!” he shouted desperately. “Jonghyun, dammit! You can’t leave me!”

There was still no response from the body that seemed like it was light-years away.

“Dammit!” he screamed. “Damn you all! You can’t just leave me like this! Why are you doing this to me?!”

Kibum turned from on to the other, tears running freely down his face and breathing heavily.

“We don’t have a choice.” Came Sekyung’s voice.

“You!” Kibum shouted. “You’re not even going to show yourself?!”

“I’m so sorry, Kibum, but I warned you.”

“But, you can’t…” His voice broke. “You can’t.”

“Jonghyun is saved, Kibum.”

Then everything burst like a soap bubble, leaving glittering particles floating all around him like snow. Kibum fell with them to the floor the only thought left in his head was that he was alone. Again. They had all gone and he would never get to see them. His tears started flowing faster down his cheeks and he felt so lost and abandoned.

Suddenly Jin was right at his side and himself against his legs, making a calmingly purring sound.

“Jin.” Kibum sobbed. “Jin, we’re the only ones left again.”

Jin climbed up into his lap and Kibum put his arms around the cat. An empty, unexplainable feeling was filling up his chest and he felt like clawing at it. There was only so much of abandoning he could take and he wanted to furiously go and wreck every part of the house.

But then he remembered the welcoming smiles, the laughs, the meals and the feeling of a family he had received. And he couldn’t stay mad at them. He knew they would have stayed if they could and all he hoped for now was that they would get another chance at life.

Setting his mind, Kibum rose to his feet slowly and limped through the calm, quiet mansion, saying goodbye to every part of it and keeping Jin close to his chest so that he wouldn’t lose his mind. His tears had run out when he finally reached the big wooden doors and he opened them with slight difficulty. But before he stepped outside he turned around and smiled the best he could.

“I…” Kibum took a shaky breath. “I forgive you.” He said straight out to everyone that had ever been in this mansion.

 

I forgive you.

 

 

~The End~

 

 

A/N: Uhm, yeah... so sequel? Wait, what? A sequel? SEQUEL?! Haha, who's up for a sequel? >_<

Well, I myself, for one, am not all that happy with all of them disappearing -.- And I think Jonghyun and Kibum have to get another chance, no? :)

So I am going to make a sequel, for those of you that hate me for this ending (please don't hate me!) xP And maybe I'll get in some more hot times between JongKey ;D

And for those of you that are content with how this ended, thank you! ^_^

But Beautiful People ends here and I kind of both loved and hated the ending, depends on which mood I'm in. But to those of you who I disappointed, I'm sorry...

Anyway, thanks to all of you reading/subscribing/commenting people! Without you there never would have been a story to begin with so hugs and kisses to you! <3

I hope you enyojed this story, have a great day/night and I'll see (or will I?) those of you who're going to read the sequel, if any of you are :P

Bye~! <3