Lightwood's diary

Beautiful People

                                                                                                                                                                                 5th of May 1865

 

Today a young man by the name of Jonghyun showed up on my doorstep. He claimed that he needed to learn magic and that I had been recommended to him by his uncle. I know the Kim family very well, about their prosperity and achievements in the magical field, outmatched only by myself. It will therefore certainly be advantageous to take this boy into schooling with my other apprentice, that girl Sekyung I found on the streets. Oh, yes, their blood combined will make even the greatest of forces bow down to them…

 

 

Kibum sighed and flipped a few pages forward, snuggling deeper into one of the armchairs at the other end of the library from Lightwood’s secret study. He wasn’t exactly interested in the crazy planning of Lightwood, he just wanted to find a way to get rid of him and be done with it. Jin lifted his head slightly to check on him from his outstretched position on the table but went back to sleep when Kibum didn’t pay him any attention.

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                   20th of December 1869

 

Today was the first time I mentioned my plans about the marriage between Sekyung and Jonghyun. As I had expected they were shocked and complained. Especially that untamable Sekyung. She never listens to reason and always claims she knows the best. I should never have awoken the power to see in her, it has made the girl unbearable. I have no doubt that she knows of my plans for the future and I certainly know she doesn’t like them. However, once the time comes she will not have a choice but to follow me, she owes me her life…

 

 

Kibum flipped another few pages.

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                   13th of June 1880

 

I am tired of fighting with Jonghyun. If that good for nothing boy insist on running away with that wench of his I will not hold back. He belongs to me and I have absolute power over him. I know his every thought and dream. He will become as docile as Sekyung is now, after I taught her her place. Why can they not realise I do this for the good of the future, as well as their prosperity?

 

 

“What’s his deal?” Kibum grumbled and flipped the pages again. Jin made a low noise in his throat to agree. “Exactly how many years did he fit in here?”

 

 

                                                                                                                                                      31st of October 1907

 

I should have foreseen this! I was inside Sekyung’s head, I should have foreseen this! But I still chose to believe in Jonghyun! And for what! For betrayal? My brother had his second child, which forces me to take my eyes off of that boy for one moment and what does he do? He runs away to be with that ! If he is not going to listen to reason I will have no other choice but to imprison him. He is MINE! He and Sekyung both. Now I just have to find something to do about it, and of course it will have to be romantic. That brat is too big of a romanticist for his own good but in this case it is the perfect tool to use against him. I am going to research right away.

 

                                                                                                                                                                   G.M.L

 

 

Kibum turned the next page with a pounding heart, not sure what he was going to find.

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                   3rd November 1907

 

I found the perfect formula! If only I had know it was right there in my study all along I would have done this much sooner! I must hurry before Jonghyun leaves the city with that woman!

 

                                                                                                                                                                   G.M.L

 

 

Kibum turned the other pages but they were blank, except for the last entry indicating Kibum's arrival. Apparently Lightwood hadn’t had the time to write any more before his success with the curse. Kibum scowled at the open book.

“Is this telling me to go in there again?” He complained to Jin and threw the book onto the table beside him angrily. The cat shifted a little but ignored him otherwise. “Is this some sort of joke?”

His anger and unwillingness to explore the room again resulted in him staying put, stubbornly refusing to realize what he had to do. Kibum crossed his arms and sat glaring at the diary, challenging it to do something (which it of course didn’t respond to) until he heard Taemin calling his name in the distance and stood up with a sigh, throwing a last angry look at the book.

“Let’s go Jin.” He said grumpily. “I don’t feel like gracing that thing with my attention any more than I already have.”

Jin stretched his back with a yaw and jumped down to lead the way out of the library. Kibum sighed a second time and followed the willful cat through the maze in the library.

As he rounded a bookshelf, he suddenly collided with something solid. Head snapping up in shock, the rest of his body freezing in fright, he caught gazes with Jonghyun who looked as surprised as he felt and they came to a standstill staring at each other, uncomprehendingly.

Kibum's body didn’t stay frozen for long, though, and he felt his heart fly up in his throat, as all he could see was Jonghyun's eyes, his soft inviting lips and his Adams apple bobbing as he swallowed nervously.

Nervously?

Kibum didn’t know how it happened but suddenly their bodies were pressed together and their lips crashed onto the other’s, but not in a painful way. More like in a desperate manner. He didn’t know who had reached out to whom but it didn’t matter as he realized that, yes, he was indeed very likely, very much in love with this man called Jonghyun.

His back collided with the bookshelf and Jonghyun's body was pressed even closer, but the kiss didn’t break. Although, when his mind caught up with what was happening Kibum felt how his cheeks reddened but he decided that it didn’t matter. Jonghyun couldn’t see it anyway. Instead he grabbed the front of Jonghyun’s shirt to get some sense of control. However that feeling was short-lived as his knees almost gave out when Jonghyun his cheekbone with his thumb and wrapped the other arm around his waist. The quiet library was quickly filled with gasping breaths and pounding hearts.

It would probably have continued for a lot longer if Jin hadn’t made a loud complaining sound. Suddenly Kibum was free from Jonghyun's lips and arms and they took up staring at each other in confusion, their breaths calming and bright cheek-color fading.

“What just happened?” Kibum whispered when he felt calm enough.

Jonghyun looked like he just realized what they had done. “I… don’t know…”

Taemin called his name again, sounding a lot closer than before, and Jonghyun fidgeted nervously. Kibum understood what he was thinking and reached out a little desperately. He couldn’t let Jonghyun go just like that without clearing it up.

“Jonghyun, wait-” He started but the other had already disappeared, sending a small gust of wind in his direction.

“There you are!” Taemin exclaimed cheerily, as he rounded the corner seconds later, and Kibum turned to him, feeling big-eyed and mind completely blank. “I was looking for you! Sekyung ordered me to get you to bed.”

“Yeah…” He answered absentmindedly. “It’s lucky you don’t space-swap yourself to me.”

Taemin frowned. “What?”

Kibum shook his head. “Nothing. Let’s go.”

Jin let himself be picked up in Taemin's arms willingly and the two of them took the lead out of the library. Kibum plodded after them and he couldn’t seem to understand for the life of him that what just had happened, had happened.

This is insane.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: You know what? Have another chapter! :)

I was feeling good today (and bad about my long absence) so I'm giving you another chapter within like 24 hours, or slightly more, I dunno >_<

And didn't something good happen in here? :3 Haha, was it a surprise? ;P

Anyways, I hope you liked it, thanks to all you readers/commenters/subscribers and have a wonderful whatever time it is when you're reading this! ^_^

Bye~! <3