I know

Beautiful People

Kibum wanted to scream. But he could only helplessly watch as Taemin struggled against his hands that suddenly didn’t seem as his own. He tried letting go, he tried calling for help, but something was pushing him back inside his brain and his grip only tightened around Taemin's throat.

“Dammit, Jonghyun!” He heard Sekyung yell in the distance. “JONGHYUN! YOU BLITHERING IDIOT!”

Kibum's eyes filled with tears as Taemin's became more and more unfocused and spilled over when the boy’s hands, which had been desperately trying to get Kibum off him, fell limply at his sides. Kibum couldn’t watch any more. He mustered up everything he had in him, letting out a piercing scream. To his great relief he managed to at least loosen his grip around the boy’s throat so that he could breathe, but that was all he managed to do. Gritting his teeth, he tried to push away what was inside his body, seeing stars in front of his eyes from the effort it took.

Then Jonghyun burst through the blackness, Minho and Jinki right behind him. They stopped for a moment and Kibum wanted to yell at them that this was no time to be surprised. Fortunately it took mere nanoseconds for them to understand the situation and suddenly he was torn from Taemin by Jonghyun's hands while the other two ran to the boy. He felt Jonghyun tense up for a moment and all the shadows, coldness and the pressure inside Kibum disappeared. He was suddenly free and after fully realizing what he had almost done he started to sob uncontrollably, breaking free from Jonghyun's hands and trying to stand up to run over to his sunshine boy but only falling down, as his legs couldn’t carry him.

“Taemin.” He croaked through his sobs. “Taemin!”

Jinki and Minho didn’t pay any attention to him as they examined the still body on the floor. Kibum tried again to stand up and felt Jonghyun's hands on his arms for the second time.

“Let go!” He snapped and turned to glare at the man behind him the best he could through his tears, sobbing even harder. “Let. Me. Go!”

Jonghyun only looked at him and Kibum was ready to hit the other for not letting him go when he was pulled to his chest and enveloped in his arms, being rocked back and forth slightly.

“It’s okay.” Jonghyun whispered. Kibum hiccupped through his sobs and grabbed the front of Jonghyun's shirt tightly like it was his only lifeline, suddenly feeling exhausted and unable to move. “Let them do their job. Taemin is going to be okay.”

Kibum nodded against his chest trying to calm down. Then the other three abruptly disappeared and he tensed up, turning around slightly. Jonghyun's arms around him tightened.

“It’s okay.” He reassured again. “It’s okay.”

They sat like that, closely together with Jonghyun moving him back and forth gently until Kibum's sobs had quieted down and his breathing had evened out. He almost fell asleep from the comforting rocking and exhaustion of all that had happened.

“Let’s get you to bed.” Jonghyun murmured when he noticed Kibum nodding off and pulled away to stand up.

“I don’t want to go the fast way.” Kibum said sleepily.

The corners of Jonghyun's mouth lifted slightly.

“We won’t.” He assured.

Instead he pulled Kibum up and onto his back with unusual strength. Kibum registered somewhere in his brain that he should feel self-conscious and embarrassed but he was too tired. All he wanted to do was close his eyes and never open them again.

But instead of going to Kibum's room, as he had expected, Jonghyun steered his steps up the stairs and into Sekyung’s room.

“Lightwood can’t enter this room.” He explained at Kibum's apparent confusion.

He nodded weakly. “Okay.”

He watched as Jonghyun transformed the sofa in front of the fireplace into a big bed and lit a fire at the same time before he let Kibum slip off his back and onto the soft mattress and cushions. Jonghyun sat down on the edge of the bed beside him to check his condition and he closed his eyes as the other’s cold fingers brushed past his forehead and down his cheek.

“Sleep.” Jonghyun ordered and stood up when he was done.

Kibum opened his eyes again and his hand shot out, almost on it’s own accord, to grab the sleeve of Jonghyun's shirt.

“Please, don’t leave me.” He begged in a whisper. His voice sounded so small and frightened that he wanted to blush again, but as exhausted as he was he didn’t care. “Please.”

Jonghyun looked him in the eyes for a few seconds, expression softening, and nodded. Kibum scooted over to the side a little so that the other would get some space and Jonghyun laid down beside him. Contemplating for a moment, Kibum bit his lip and hesitantly reached out to him.

“Can I?”

Jonghyun nodded, still staring at him and Kibum snuggled closer to the man beside him, his heartbeat picking up a little as he felt Jonghyun put his arms around him again. However, once he got used to it, a calm feeling filled him and he closed his eyes with a small content sigh, his body relaxing completely.

“Thank you.” He mumbled, relief evident in his voice.

He felt Jonghyun nod. “Go to sleep.” He said again.

“Mmh.” Kibum answered, already half asleep.

Jonghyun his hair lightly, lulling him to sleep faster and soon Kibum was gone to the world.

 

 

Kibum opened his eyes slowly when the scent of roses hit his nose and realized he was back in the (with lack of a better name) white world. Not feeling as guarded as he should be, he sat up and rolled his head a little, his neck feeling stiff.

 

“Why am I back here?”

 

He wasn’t surprised to hear his own thoughts voiced out loud this time and sighed. The singing he had heard the last time sounded much closer and clearer and he stood up.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Roses of the past

Roses of the future”

 

Kibum groaned.

 

“Not this again.”

 

He made a circle on the spot to find whoever was singing but couldn’t find anything other than white and more white.

 

“Make this hope last

And give a life to nurture”

 

It was a bit different this time. Since it was much closer Kibum could actually hear every word the person was saying. He stayed silent listening for the rest of it.

 

“Help piece this broken soul together

A soul that is undone

 

It is light, much more than a feather

But it must not blow away and be gone”

 

The singer stopped and there was a soft giggle resounding through the white world. But instead of giving Kibum the creeps, the giggle filled him with bubbles and hope and he found himself smiling stupidly at nothing.

 

“Who are you?”

 

The singer didn’t respond. Instead they started singing the same song again and Kibum felt himself slowly drift away.

 

 

When Kibum woke up again, trying to remember a half forgotten dream, it was dark outside. He stirred a little only to freeze as he realized he was still lying in Jonghyun's arms. Swallowing nervously he chanced a glance at the others face.

Beautiful.

Kibum had no other way to describe it. His sharp jawline, his closed eyelids, his eyelashes casting shadows from the fire in the fireplace, his soft lips, all of it was suddenly so beautiful to Kibum that it took his breath away and he got a lump in his throat.

He ended up lying still, not wanting to disrupt the sleep of the beautiful Adonis that was holding him in his arms but feeling the need to wake him up to relieve him of his duty. To his relief Jonghyun's eyelids fluttered and he opened them to peer down at Kibum. It seemed like it took him a moment to place him and remember what had happened but when he did his eyes widened slightly and his cheeks dusted, while Kibum's face heated up to leave him beet red in the face.

“I-I’m sorry.” He stammered. “I didn’t want to wake you up.”

Jonghyun's expression didn’t change and Kibum bit his lip.

“Uh… thank you for staying.” He mumbled and averted his gaze.

The other let out a breath he apparently had been holding slowly and drew back his arms. Kibum felt a little disappointed and cold as the comforting circle around him disappeared.

“Don’t worry.” Jonghyun said lowly.

But instead of leaving, Jonghyun stayed by his side and they just lay there, staring at each other after that, awkwardness slipping away and comfortable calmness filling the air between them. Jonghyun raised his hand slowly when a few minutes had passed and brushed Kibum's cheekbone with his fingertips.

“This is strange.” He murmured getting an ever so small frown between his eyebrows.

Then the fingertips became a cupped hand on his cheek. Kibum's heart started to beat wildly and the place where their skin connected felt tingly. And it must have made his brain short circuit.

“I love you.” Kibum suddenly blurted out and stopped breathing when he realized what he had just said.

Jonghyun's breaths stopped as well and everything stilled around them, even the air.

“I mean… I-I…” Kibum stammered when some sense returned to him, struggling to find the right words.

But he couldn’t. He had no other words because those were just the ones describing what he felt. He looked up at Jonghyun with pleading eyes, for some reason trying not to cry, afraid that the other would run away again.

However, Jonghyun's hand stayed on his cheek and his eyes continued to look into Kibum's own, although they had gotten a confused glint to them. Then he his lips nervously before opening his mouth.

“Me too?” Although he had said it like a question, Kibum felt his heart explode with joy. “I think.”

Kibum moved closer and grabbed Jonghyun's collar, about to test him. But that was all he managed to do before Jonghyun bent down and pressed his lips softly against Kibum's.

Oh, dear lords and all the heavens above.

Kibum wasted no time. He let his hands travel up into Jonghyun's hair to bring him closer and Jonghyun caressed his cheek, his neck, moving his hand down over his chest to his shoulder blade, the small of his back. They rolled around and suddenly Kibum was lying on top of Jonghyun. Jonghyun's hands travelled down to his hips and pulled, so that their bodies were pressed even closer together, connecting every part of them they could. Kibum's fingers entangled themselves more in Jonghyun's hair and Jonghyun's arms circled him, tightening around his waist. Kibum couldn’t remember the last time he had felt this sort of love blooming inside him. This passionate, irrelevant and absolutely wonderful love. Perhaps he never had.

He broke away after a moment to breathe and Jonghyun looked up at him with warm eyes. He blushed, but to his surprise Jonghyun's face lit up in a smile, sending Kibum's sanity flying, and he let out a breath that supposedly was a laugh. Then he was pulled down in a tight hug and he could feel Jonghyun's breath on his neck, sending small shivers up his back and making his heartbeat erratic.

“I know.” Jonghyun murmured in his ear.

 

 

 

A/N: Heheheeeee, what do y'all think? :3 I decided to make this chapter have a nice ending :P

Yes, so it's reallly, totally, super late (so late that it's even early) and I just finished this. I hope it's at least acceptable what with my tired brain -.-

AND HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE NEW SHINEE SONG?! Haha, I loved it! Well, that doesn't say much since I love all of their songs, but y'know...

Okay, if I don't stop you're going to get an author's note longer than the actual chapter with my rambles (a clear sign that my brain just stopped working in a normal way).

So, I hope you liked this chapter! Thanks to all readers/subscribers/commenters and if you haven't commented don't be afraid! I don't bite xP

Haha, but seriously, it doesn't matter if you like it or not. Comment! I want to know! Like, a little simple I like/don't like this would do! :)

AND I almost started a long ramble right there...

Okay, good night for me and bye~! <3