#007

Drama Trauma

007 | PARTY
Destiny

It took only 5 minutes for Key to choose a coat – the moment they entered the mall, Key already knew the perfect boutique where he could get the best coat in town. It didn’t really matter how expensive it would be, after all, money is not a problem for Director Song, and for Key who was going to pay for it just before Manager Song gets to.

When Key and Yeonhee entered the boutique, Key went straight to the clothes while Yeonhee sat on the couches. It hasn’t been long when Key came to her with a paper bag already hanging on his arms.

It would have even been faster if some fangirls didn’t swoon over him.

The coat was a classic. Key could have made a prank with Director Song and bought something cheap and ugly, but Key’s fashion sense was in line. He didn’t want to ruin his reputation; Director Song’s way too powerful over the media.

But the problem was the dress. Key, though the fashion expert that he is, doesn’t really know exactly where to buy the best dress. After all, he doesn’t really buy women’s wear, unless it’s a gift which he rarely gives out anyway.

And with Yeonhee’s fashion crimes, she doesn’t seem to be of any help.

“Come on, Key!” Yeonhee almost begged. “Let’s get this over with. I’m tired. Just get something random, you won’t be the one wearing it anyway.”

Key just kept on walking and looking at the racks of clothing. “No,” he firmly said. Yeonhee just sighed.

“How about this?” Yeonhee asked as she pulled a dress randomly out from the racks.

Key glared at her. “You really have no fashion sense at all.”

Yeonhee checked the dress she was holding – it was a long glittery dress with long sleeves. She didn’t see anything wrong with it, but just returned it to the racks to honor the almighty Key’s decision.

“This?” she asked again as she pulled another one from another rack. Key closed his eyes and rubbed his temples. “That’s for a night club.”

“Doesn’t that count as a party?”

“If you can go to a party wearing a skirt covering just a few centimeters of your thigh then go ahead and buy that.”

“How about this?” Yeonhee asked again, pulling another one from the racks. “Too bland.”

“This?”

“Too… girly.”

“This?”

“For your wedding, yeah.”

Yeonhee groaned as she forcefully pulled another one, not even checking what it is. She even almost broke the hanger.

“For goodness’ sake, Key. This one?” she asked.

Key raised an eyebrow as he stared at the dress. “Are you even serious?”

Yeonhee looked at the dress she was holding, and apparently… it wasn’t a dress. It was a night gown made of lace that it almost covered nothing at all.

“How did this get here?!” she shouted as she quickly handed the dress to a saleslady. The saleslady just kept on bowing and whispering sorry.

Yeonhee sat on the couch in defeat. “It’s almost half past five and we haven’t seen anything decent at all,” she complained.

Just then did Key’s eyes sparkle with joy.

“I found it,” he whispered as he walked to a certain rack.

“Found what?” Yeonhee asked.

Key just handed her a folded dress. “Try it. It should be your size.”

---
It has been a good 10 minutes and Yeonhee still hasn’t gotten out of the fitting room. Key was already pacing in front of Yeonhee’s cubicle.

“Yah!” he shouted as he stopped right in front of the room. “Aren’t you done yet?”

Just then Yeonhee drew the curtain. She was already wearing her normal clothes, and holding the folded dress.

Key’s eyes widen. “What are you—”

“I tried it and I don’t like it. Just get another one.”

“No, stupid!” Key shouted. “You’re supposed to let me see it first!”

“I don’t want to! Just— let’s go and get this over with.”

“NO!” Key fought back. He pushed her inside the cubicle and closed the curtain. “I won’t let you out unless you let me see the dress on you.”

---
Key’s eyes widen when Yeonhee slowly drew the curtains.

Though Key didn’t want to admit it, she looked absolutely gorgeous. The black tube dress that went a few inches above her knees emphasized her curves. But why doesn’t she want it?

“What’s your problem with the dress?” he asked. “It’s good.”

“It falls off!” she shouted as she immediately closed the curtain again. She was blushing and embarrassed, and she didn’t want Key to see. “I don’t like this so get another one while I take it off.”

Key just laughed. Yeonhee was indeed flat-chested that she couldn’t handle a tube dress. But being the that he is, he still insisted.

“No, I want that one,” Key said with a smirk. “Don’t complain, you won’t be the one wearing it anyway,” he said, mocking Yeonhee.

Yeonhee just groaned in defeat.

“I just hope the the girl Joongki’s giving that dress to is not as flat-chested as you,” Key smirked.

Yeonhee immediately punched Key on the stomach as she got out of the cubicle.

---
“Did Joongki send you the address already?” Key asked as he sat on the driver’s seat and put on his seat belt.

Yeonhee nodded and handed him the phone with the text message. Key immediately started the engine and sped off.

The two just arrived on time at the address Director Song sent.

“What is this?” Yeonhee mumbled as they saw the supposedly ‘meeting hall’ in a five-star hotel.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Key said as closed his eyes and rubbed his temples. "Are you sure this is the right address?"

“Annyeong, hyung!” Taemin shouted and waved as he spotted the two. He immediately ran to them while Minho, Jonghyun and Onew followed suit. “Why are you wearing those clothes?” the maknae asked.

Key looked at all of them. They were wearing suits, and holding glasses of wine. Behind them were ladies mingling, wearing party dresses.

The meeting was not a meeting. It was a… party.

“Hello there,” Joongki greeted as he saw the two. “I see you aren’t that late. There are empty rooms on the right so that you can change your clothes. I hope what you bought go well with your shoes,” he said with a smile.

“What do you mean?” Yeonhee asked.

“The clothes I made you buy are for you,” he said, like it was the most obvious thing.

“You old man!” Key shouted as he tried to grab Joongki’s collar, but failed when the SHINee members stopped him. “Why did you have to make us buy when— oh I’m gonna kill you—!”

“Come on, Key,” Joongki said as he raised both his hands in defeat. “A little time together wouldn’t hurt.”

“Isn’t this supposed to be a meeting?” Yeonhee asked, ignoring the fuming Key who was trying to let loose from SHINee’s hold.

“Nah, that’s too boring,” Director Song said with a smirk. “The best way for the cast to meet each other is through a party!” he said as he took a glass a wine from a waiter and drank from it.

Yeonhee just sighed and pulled Key with her to the empty rooms to change, leaving the five men chuckling to themselves.

---
It has already been minutes since Key left Yeonhee alone in the room. She already finished putting the dress on, but Key was still nowhere to be found. He was supposed to come back to help with her… er, problem.

Just then, someone knocked on the door. Key?

“Yeonhee-ssi?” a girl from the door said. “Kibum-ssi sent me. Please open the door.”

Yeonhee stood up from the bed, making sure she held her dress in place. She opened the door and smiled at the stylist who just came. It’s a good thing everyone from the cast and the staff were invited to come to the party.

The stylist smiled back and held up a few pins. “I thought you needed this.”

Yeonhee nodded enthusiastically. She couldn’t just go to party when her dress kept falling down. A few pins may do the trick.

After the stylist fixed her dress so that it would be tighter, she helped her fix her hair and gave her a few accessories.

“I almost forgot,” the stylist suddenly said. She handed Yeonhee a small paper envelope, very small that it fitted on her palm. “Key told me to give this to you.”

Yeonhee carefully opened the paper. Inside it was a silver necklace, with a small dragonfly-shaped pendant. It was beautiful – but why does Key have one at the moment?

“Yeonhee turned to smile at the stylist and thanked her. “I’ll give the pendant back to him after the party.”

The stylist nodded and got out of the room. Yeonhee immediately wore the necklace and stared at it from the mirror. It really was pretty.

---
“What took you so—” Key stopped talking when she noticed the necklace on Yeonhee. It really suited her well.

Yeonhee noticed and smiled. “Thanks for this,” she said as she touched the pendant. “I’ll give it back after the party.”

Key just faked a cough and turned around. “Let’s go,” he said and started walking to the crowd.

Joongki immediately grabbed the two and introduced them to the staff and to some of the cast as well. Key was usually indifferent, while Yeonhee greeted each one of them enthusiastically.

When Joongki introduced the two to the actor who would act as the father of Key’s character, Yeonhee thought it was the last one. But then one last guy walked to them, making Joongki smirk.

“So, I remember you weren’t able to meet Han Jinho last time,” Joongki said as he took another sip of his wine. “Here he comes.”

He was walking to them like a ramp model, looking really elegant with the black coat he was wearing over a black polo.

Key’s eyes widen when he saw the face of the guy.

“Chihoon?” Yeonhee suddenly said.

“Hey, Yeonhee!” the guy smiled. “It’s nice to see you again.”

Key and Yeonhee were shocked. Chihoon was the guy Yeonhee met on their vacation, and he’s going to act as Han Jinho, the ultimate crush of Yeonhee’s character.

Just what a great coincidence it is.