#008

Drama Trauma

008 | PINS
a Misunderstanding

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you’re an actor?” Yeonhee asked Chihoon. They were already dancing in the middle of the room with a few more couples, well, more like just swaying. She doesn’t really know how to dance; she trips every now and then and even steps on Chihoon’s foot, which he would just laugh at.

Key was dancing with another actress –Yeonhee wasn’t just sure who it was. The other SHINee members were randomly around the hall, doing just whatever.

“You didn’t tell you were, either,” Chihoon plainly answered with a chuckle.

There was a short pause before Chihoon spoke again. “Well, I was in my hometown because I wanted to have a break. Telling you I am an actor would be against the point.”

Yeonhee awkwardly nodded. It was also the reason why she didn’t mention anything about being an actress.

---
“They seemed to be enjoying themselves,” Jonghyun muttered as SHINee sat with Key at a table at the corner.

“Who?” Taemin asked.

Onew chuckled. “Yeonhee and that guy she’s with. They’ve been dancing for a while now,” he said as he pointed to the couple just a few meters from them.

“Oh.”

“Aren’t you going to dance with her?” Minho asked as he turned to Key.

Key didn’t answer. He seemed completely dazed off, staring at the middle of the room. He would at times shake his glass of wine, but never drink it.

Jonghyun chuckled. “Silence means…” he said as he straightened from his seat. “…no.” Jonghyun quickly stood up and fixed his coat. “I’m gonna dance with her then.”

Before Jonghyun could even make a step, Key placed his glass on the table, stood up and quickly ran to to Yeonhee and Chihoon, making Jonghyun stop in his tracks.

The four men were dumbstruck when they saw Key grab Yeonhee from Chihoon’s hold, and quickly hugged her tight.

“Wow,” Taemin mumbled as he slowly shook his head. Onew wanted to clap his hands in awe. Minho just remained speechless.

“So he just needed a kick,” Jonghyun said as he collapsed on his seat, his eyes still wide in amusement.

---
Yeonhee almost shouted in shock when Key grabbed her from Chihoon’s hold and hugged her tight. Key turned to Chihoon with a smirk without even letting go of Yeonhee.

“I’ll be taking her first,” he said, making Yeonhee blush a bit.

Chihoon was shocked at first, but then turned to Yeonhee and gently smiled. “Sure,” he said. He waved at Yeonhee, and mouthed “see you” before he walked away.

Yeonhee immediately turned to Key and glared at him as soon as Chihoon left. She tried to keep it subtle as all the cameras already turned to their direction, to the two of them hugging in the middle of the room.

Key still held onto her like a koala, swaying her to the beat of the soft music playing in the background.

“What was that?” she asked, trying to push Key away. It didn’t seem to move Key an inch.

“You are so clueless,” he said with a smile as he gently rested his chin on Yeonhee’s shoulder. Key’s hands were still on her back, one even clutching on her dress. “You should be thanking me for saving you.”

Yeonhee was confused. “From what?” she asked. Key hugged her even tighter, getting rid of the space between their bodies. He softly repositioned his head on the crook on her shoulders while his free hand took hers and made her put her hands on his back as well. Yeonhee blushed madly even though she noticed Key was acting very weird.

Key gently drew his mouth nearer to her ear and smiled. “From major humiliation,” he whispered, though the sensuality in his voice was very obvious. Yeonhee felt Key’s breath on her ears, which made her blush another tone darker.

Though Yeonhee wanted to push Key away badly, she just couldn’t because of the press surrounding them. Key could feel her frustration as she tightened her hold on his back.

“You know what?” Key whispered again, making sure his lips brushed against Yeonhee’s ears. “I actually am enjoying this, teasing you.”

Yeonhee slightly pinched Key’s back, making sure that the people didn’t notice.

“Let go of me,” she sternly whispered. Key scoffed.

“You’ll regret it.”

“You wish.”

The music went to a stop. Key still didn’t completely let go of her, though he did break the hug. His one hand was still on her back as she pushed Yeonhee with it to the restrooms. Yeonhee tried nudging it off, but didn’t succeed. “You’re lucky I’m feeling kind today,” Key said.

---
"Whoa," Minho said as he blinked for a number of times. "What just happened?" They were still at the table; they couldn't even move an inch.

The three men around him just shrugged, totally confused just like him.

---
Yeonhee glared at Key once they left the crowd. The hall to the restroom was empty so they didn’t have to act. “What was that?” she asked. Key still didn’t let go of her back.

Yeonhee was continuously walking to the restroom when Key, with his hand holding the back of her dress, pulled her back. “You wouldn’t want to go there,” Key said. “There might be other people in there. Plus, I cannot enter the women’s restroom.”

“What the hell are you talk—”

Yeonhee almost tripped when Key abruptly pushed her in one of the open empty rooms and slammed the door close, leaving her alone inside. Just then, the tube dress she was wearing slid off of her, stopping only on her waist.

Yeonhee was shocked.

“You must be so fat to even break the pin,” Key said with a scoff from the other side of the door. “Stay there and lock the door. I’ll go get your other clothes.”

---
Key noticed the pin on Yeonhee’s back giving in when he accidentally bumped on her while dancing seperately. From then on, he kept an eye on it, and when he noticed that the back of the dress was slowly tearing apart, he quickly ran to Yeonhee and grabbed it together.

At least that's what he thinks the reason is for running to her.

Yeonhee smiled as she realized what happened. The did care about her after all. But she almost thought Key was jealous of Chihoon...

“Yah, Yeonhee,” someone from the door knocked. “Open the door. I have your clothes.”

It was Key.

Yeonhee walked to the door and slowly opened it a bit, hiding behind it so that Key wouldn’t see her. She was only in her underwear, after all.

Key pushed in a paper bag containing her clothes. He himself closed the door again to let her get dress. He just waited from the outside, checking his wristwatch from time to time.

“Aren’t you done yet?” he shouted. He was getting a bit impatient, as usual.

“Just a bit more,” Yeonhee shouted back as she tried to fix her hair for the first time. She didn’t understand why she did it; she didn’t usually care about how she looked like. But now she just wanted to.

Yeonhee opened the door to see Key waiting impatiently, leaning on the wall next to her. “What even took you so long?” he said, almost like a statement.

Yeonhee just smiled. “Thank you, Key. Really.”

Key wanted to smile back, but faked a cough. “Come on,” he said as he stood up straight, not even looking at her. “I’ll send you home.”

Key grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the hallway. He walked faster than usual, making Yeonhee trip now and then.

“Hey, slow down,” she said. “And aren’t we even telling Director Song?”

“I’ll just call him later. Let’s go home, I’m tired.”

And the two got out of the hotel and went home.